Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crete Boom

SLIGONIAN

Lol good one, i know its hard to imagine the football knowledge i have can fit in a normal size head but it can, rahooo

1954 since Sligo featured in both minor and senior finals
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

I hear a lot of Rhus are peeved that their season tickets only get them access to the open seats only  :D Nice one Mr.P.
Is it true as one of them claimed that Sligo have no season ticket holders???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2015, 06:40:22 PM
I hear a lot of Rhus are peeved that their season tickets only get them access to the open seats only  :D Nice one Mr.P.

JP really has gone about getting Roscommon onside in an excellent fashion this year.

Farrandeelin

I also heard Roscommon season ticket holders, oh wait never mind..........
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Never miss but I'll not be going to this one , fook the Hyde .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 08, 2015, 08:06:03 PM
I also heard Roscommon season ticket holders, oh wait never mind..........

We hope to be preparing for a Round 4 game Farr.........
And I sincerely and genuinely hope that ye'll be doing the same that evening :D

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on July 08, 2015, 09:23:31 PM
larry, please explain your intense dislike for everything Roscommon to all of us.

As regards the match itself, well going back to the semis actually, how come Mayo seemed 'rusty' after 10 weeks of a break, while Sligo, by all accounts came out all guns blazing after an eleven week bresk? At least there's no injuries reported this time.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 09, 2015, 11:26:33 AM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 08, 2015, 09:23:31 PM
larry, please explain your intense dislike for everything Roscommon to all of us.

As regards the match itself, well going back to the semis actually, how come Mayo seemed 'rusty' after 10 weeks of a break, while Sligo, by all accounts came out all guns blazing after an eleven week bresk? At least there's no injuries reported this time.

Nowt to do with dislike for Roscommon , I just completely disagree with the arrangement , I don't understand how castlebar is supposed to survive without , what if Sligo and Mayo contest the next several finals , no final for castlebar at all, it's a bulshit rule and I don't care what others say about fairness . There are different aspects of fairness to take into consideration.

As for your next point I'd put it down to Mayo expect August football at least where as Sligo didn't. Mayo have the potential to win this game comfortably.

Rossfan

Sligo and Laythrum's grounds are too small to host their all too rare Connacht Final appearances.
In the interests of fair play CFs involving them are at neutral venues.
The more regular CFs between the other 3 Counties are held on a home and away basis.
Simple, fair , straightforward.

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2015, 12:42:40 PM
Sligo and Laythrum's grounds are too small to host their all too rare Connacht Final appearances.
The more regular CFs between the other 3 Counties are held on a home and away basis.

Look we'll not turn this thread into a venue debate as its doe to death , I disagree with you. I'd take the hit for the lower attendance now and again to bring all counties into the arrangement . That's just my opinion .

muppet

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2015, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2015, 12:42:40 PM

Look we'll not turn this thread into a venue debate as its doe to death , I disagree with you. I'd take the hit for the lower attendance now and again to bring all counties into the arrangement . That's just my opinion .

How are Sligo and Leitrim supposed to generate the revenue to upgrade their own grounds?

As long as the ground passes all safety standards etc, and has a minimum capacity that is remotely decent, then we should all being going to Markievicz Park for Connacht Finals in rotation.
MWWSI 2017

cuconnacht

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2015, 06:40:22 PM
Hmmmnn.The Unwashed County on a CF thread,who left the gate open?The opine of Sligo,Mayo,Galway and London with their recent histories but yee? Seriously!A case of poor husbandry,give the woman of the house too many baubles and gems(trinkets from the kids of 06 and a million pound bus)and pinny goes flyin and the mouth!
The infidels that you speak of on their way to that shithole of yours are the men and women of the glorious and ancient `Maritime Province.`Gleaming and resplendent they will leave their coastlines behind them shieldarm ever towards the sea and head into the swamp 5th of the province.Therein will ensue a couple of historic battles,both youngones and seniors in that said mire on the 19th.Its called football and  you have our permission to leave your mud huts and watch a bit(maybe learn a bit*)and then return pinny on  and do what you do this time every year(your only remit since the beginning of it all)make our tea,make our sandwiches and button your gobs

*An understanding of the term HUBRIS cannot be remiss for anyone,for definition yee may want to consult the the toes of the 15 pair of football boots worn by Sligo when they hammered your arrogance out the gates of Markievicz park!(where we should be playin)Continued slight and disparagement toward London(not even allowed a vote on yere CF thead half of whom would  have voted for ye like the  Galway boys did)"Sligo nonsense"  5aside football pitch  blind referees to quote a few, is expected.Now go paint the backdoor again,some of us will need  it soon enough.Chop Chop.

bring sam home to mayo

nice to see the sheep are checking the pitch, next up is the cattle checking the stands lol

Syferus

Quote from: bring sam home to mayo on July 09, 2015, 02:36:05 PM
nice to see the sheep are checking the pitch, next up is the cattle checking the stands lol

Ah Mayo supporters may be whiny bastards but you don't need to go that far..