Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2015, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 25, 2015, 11:31:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2015, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 25, 2015, 10:38:52 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on June 25, 2015, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 25, 2015, 10:07:04 PM

John Prenty explains everything as only John can.

I wonder will there be scanners at the terrace entrance side for this one? Doesn t sound like it. Nuisance is there isn t.

For season ticket holders? We all have to go in from the golf links road. That's the way I usually go in, at the back of the stand.

What happens when your friends and family have terrace tickets? Very few could have a whole family on season tickets? I just want to be in the terrace with the rest. I don t want to be sitting in the stand on my own.
With no phone coverage in Salthill, I couldn t find anybody after 'having' to enter on the stand side. Watched the game on my own then. Not much fun except the pints in the pub before the game. Mine are fairly grown up but how does it work if the kids are young enough?

Never been anyone that checked you had a terrace ticket at the Hyde in my experience. In fairness I've never been on the terrace for a Connacht final so you'd want to get confirmation from someone who has but once you get into the ground you should be able to get on the terrace.

Certainly nothing stops you getting to the terrace from going round the back of the town end goal when you come in the Golf Links entertance.

Of course but how do you find say your kids again - esp when there is no mobile coverage. Which there wasn t in Salthill.

There's masts on top of the stand at the Hyde, you'll have no trouble getting a phone call made at the Hyde Moy 8)

Yeah right. You r some pimp for the Hyde in fairness.

Rossfan

If there's one thing that annoys me at Championship games when the Summer fans come out it's th'eejits who have to ring everyone they know telling them where exactly they are.
Always at the top of the voice and has to include "I'm waving now".
Usually makes me long for a cowld sleety FBD game in Elphin or Ballinlough :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2015, 12:04:50 AM
If there's one thing that annoys me at Championship games when the Summer fans come out it's th'eejits who have to ring everyone they know telling them where exactly they are.

You havin a go at me boss?

sans pessimism

your annoyance will soon be over for this year ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Rossfan

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2015, 12:09:24 AM

Ah sure why not. ;D
As for the game - I presume the Rhus will win handy.
Forewarned, too strong and experienced, know how to defend, Sligo have won their All IRL, ........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2015, 12:23:54 AM

Ah sure why not. ;D
Forewarned, too strong and experienced, know how to defend, Sligo have won their All IRL, ........

Just like Mayo went they beat us, I guess.

moysider

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 26, 2015, 12:12:15 AM
Quote from: Rossfan link= ::) and has to include "I'm waving now".
/quote]your annoyance will soon be over for this year ;)

Not sure about that. They may well be outa the Championship before the Connacht final but they ll be dictating to us how we should feel about going to the Hyde ::)

The ironic thing is that Hyde will be hosting its 3rd Connacht final in 5 years, even though....
(a) they haven t been involved in any of the last 5 themselves.
(b) it s the most vile county pitch in the province.

It could have been 4 from 5 because there would have been a call for London final to be played at a neutral venue. Yeah, a neutral venue for London ;D

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2015, 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 26, 2015, 12:23:54 AM

Ah sure why not. ;D

Just like Mayo went they beat us, I guess.

Guess again ::)

Blowitupref

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2015, 12:31:07 AM
The ironic thing is that Hyde will be hosting its 3rd Connacht final in 5 years, even though....

Mayo v Roscommon Connacht final 2011 was played in Hyde park.

Pearse stadium for all the money spent on it will only be used for a Connacht final when they are due a home game against Mayo or Roscommon by the looks of it. Galway really should have redeveloped Tuam stadium instead. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

moysider

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2015, 12:47:54 AM

Pearse stadium for all the money spent on it will only be used for a Connacht final when they are due a home game against Mayo or Roscommon by the looks of it. Galway really should have redeveloped Tuam stadium instead.

Will ye stop giving them slack. Correct of course. 2011 was sweet considering the mauling that happened under Johnno. Such brutal conditions. We beat the conditions as well as Ros. It was set up for the home team.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2015, 01:04:53 AM

Will ye stop giving them slack. Correct of course. 2011 was sweet considering the mauling that happened under Johnno. Such brutal conditions. We beat the conditions as well as Ros. It was set up for the home team.

Yeah a blizzard blowing two on-target Donie Shine frees back in the second half and Aidan O'Shea flooring Donal Ward (who was flying) with an elbow - set up for the home side!

Even when we're not playing ye all ye seem to think about is Roscommon. If ye had this demented streak going when you were playing for All-Irelands you'd have a few in the bag by now :-X

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2015, 01:13:53 AM

Yeah a blizzard blowing two on-target Donie Shine frees back in the second half and Aidan O'Shea flooring Donal Ward (who was flying) with an elbow - set up for the home side!

Even when we're not playing ye all ye seem to think about is Roscommon. If ye had this demented streak going when you were playing for All-Irelands you'd have a few in the bag by now :-X

The only reason I ve to think about Roscommon is that I ll have to drive there.
The daft thing is that you and other Rossies are posting on this thread. Talk to me when ye get to play for AIs. In the meantime ye have to head into Cavan. That should be your focus for now. And it's a decent pitch.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2015, 01:31:41 AM

The daft thing is that you and other Rossies are posting on this thread. Talk to me when ye get to play for AIs. In the meantime ye have to head into Cavan. That should be your focus for now. And it's a decent pitch.

If you had to play in Breffni as much as we have had to you'd know it's a poor pitch too..

In all seriousness Moy, some of the reaction in Mayo has been comical. Most here have the good sense to know the location is sensible and better than Salthill and fairer than McHale but your supporters are developing a bad rep for moaning over fixtures now. I'd hope it's just the swollen bandwagon talking but that Willie Joe article and the reaction on other message boards  and what I'm hearing from people over the boarder makes me think even the die-hard have thrown their toys from the pram too.. it's not good for Mayo in the long run.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2015, 01:40:12 AM
Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2015, 01:31:41 AM

If you had to play in Breffni as much as we have had to you'd know it's a poor pitch too..

In all seriousness Moy, some of the reaction in Mayo has been comical. Most here have the good sense to know the location is sensible and better than Salthill and fairer than McHale but your supporters are developing a bad rep for moaning over fixtures now. I'd hope it's just the swollen bandwagon talking but that Willie Joe article and the reaction on other message boards  and what I'm hearing from people over the boarder makes me think even the die-hard have thrown their toys from the pram too.. it's not good for Mayo in the long run.
Do you think it is a fair system for venue for finals we have in Connacht . Surely people can see it's frustrating for Mayo supporters. There has to be a fair and transparent system put in place , not this up in the air shite we have every other year . If we were playing Roscommon on the 19th July , I fookin guarantee you there would of been still shite about the venue . To add into the mix for the defence of those opposed to the Hyde , how can everyone be guaranteed a ticket that wants to go, let's say Ross get to the minor final , 3k fans maybe? That's down to 17k then , about 6k season ticket holders I'd guess between both counties (cairde and croke park 5k Mayo) . Serious lack of tickets , could be mayhem in three weeks time with their "event management plan" .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Bod Mor

Quote from: sans pessimism on June 26, 2015, 12:12:15 AM
your annoyance will soon be over for this year ;)

There seems to be an awful lot of stuff like this going on. What if Sligo were to beat us and suddenly we're out and are drawn against Roscommon in the qualifiers?

Do people think of these scenarios at all? I'm not having a go at you at all sp but there seems to be this sense of entitlement and badness crept into Mayo fans psyche lately. Evident here and over on willie how's blog. Giving out about the feckin venue and who the ref might be. It would make the dog sick. Some people were expecting it to be played in Croke park ffs!
I'm 22000kms from home and I'd give anything to be going to the Connacht final and witness the five in a row IF we are to get over Sligo.

Treat your opposition with the respect they deserve. This will be no easy game and we'll know more about this Mayo team after this than we did coming out of Salthill.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.