So will Offaly win the Tommy Murphy Cup This year

Started by Maroon Heaven, April 24, 2007, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Heaven

WOuld be the first team to win all Senior Gaa Competitions. They are not far from winning the Christy Ring in the coming years.

The Biffs are an embarrasment to the Gaa  in the Midlands. Time for them to do the honest thing and elect to concentrate on winning the Rose of Tralee

AZOffaly

Jaysus. Where did that come from? Are ye not playing Longford this year?

Go away with your poxy 1, un, Ein, Uno, Ean, ONE Leinster championship and annoy someone else :D

Maroon Heaven

What has us playing Longford got to do with sad state of Football in Biffland. I saw your guy in the Star, Duignan saying it was down to Rhode doing nothing in Leinster.

You cann't blame him

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

I'm thinking ye should have other things to concentrate on rather than worrying about a team that beat ye last year. Ye might be damn glad of the Tommy Murphy Cup, it would double your trophy haul :D

Maroon Heaven

Would you be happy to win the TM Cup AZ. - Would instill a wee bit of confidence back into the county. As Duignan said - gone are the days when the kids of Rhode, Birr, Edenderry walked around with Hurls and O'Neill Footballs pretending to be Seaus Darby. Instead you go through Rhode now, you would think Celtic were playing in the village.

AZOffaly

I go around Rhode. :D

And for that matter, Niall McNamee seems to be doing alright. Ye'd give yer right arm for him.

As to the question, no I don't think Offaly will win the Tommy Murphy Cup, as we won't be allowed enter when we reach the Leinster Final again. Although we don't have as easy a first round tie this year I suppose.

The Real Laoislad

sure why not go all out and go for the double Christy Ring/Tommy Murphy :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 24, 2007, 12:26:05 PM
sure why not go all out and go for the double Christy Ring/Tommy Murphy :)

It might be their only chance before they are playing for the Rackard next season.

Good Luck to them anyway. As a Westmeath Lad I am delighted we got the Kinnegad bypass open and we do not have to listen to them coming back from Croker any more stopping off in Macari's giving the locals grief and lame excuses for not winning.

Lone Shark

I wouldn't worry AZ. When Pakistan got knocked out of the Cricket world cup they probably heard all about it from neighbouring Bangladesh. A pretty appropriate comparison with what's going on here.

AZOffaly

Not really LS, because Bangladesh got further.

Maroon Heaven

Abit unfair to compare Westmeath with Bangladesh. Any sign of bad weather and Bangladesh is flooded, Like Biffland 2 cms of Rain and the fields are suitable for no man nor beast.

I hold my hands up with the credible history of Biff Football down the years but sadly like leeds Utd were once a footballing giant, they walk with minnows now.

magpie seanie

Lone Shark

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on April 24, 2007, 12:42:52 PM
Abit unfair to compare Westmeath with Bangladesh.

True. At least in Bangladesh a lot of the people who live there actually want to. It wasn't just the closest they could get for a commute into Islamabad.

Maroon Heaven

[/quote]

True. At least in Bangladesh a lot of the people who live there actually want to. It wasn't just the closest they could get for a commute into Islamabad.

[/quote]

While we are taking about Birr - Any sign of the Jackeens moving in yet??