Kerry v Tipperary Sunday 3:30pm

Started by twohands!!!, June 11, 2015, 09:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Getting absolutely rode first half by ref. A bit more composure and we'd be well ahead, too many wides

Darby

Quote from: tippabu on June 14, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
Getting absolutely rode first half by ref. A bit more composure and we'd be well ahead, too many wides
Only thing keeping Kerry in the game. Tipp far superior.

tippabu

Quote from: Darby on June 14, 2015, 04:43:51 PM
Quote from: tippabu on June 14, 2015, 04:28:47 PM
Only thing keeping Kerry in the game. Tipp far superior.

nnot any more, all kerry

Fuzzman

Score?
Has Kerry got Gooch, Star and JoD on?

Teo Lurley

2-11 to 2-4. O' Donoghue just on.

Darby

Kerry haven't a hope against Cork!

Teo Lurley

An Watcher

As Kerry and cork are seeded in munster could the other teams not have home advantage against the big two to make things competitive

tippabu

I see Sunday game didn't see the "cavanagh" tackle Gooch pulled without even a free that happened today. Got absolutely rode by the ref but kerry never got out of 3rd gear and would have won anyway. We were awful 2nd half

BennyHarp

Quote from: tippabu on June 15, 2015, 12:44:02 AM
I see Sunday game didn't see the "cavanagh" tackle Gooch pulled without even a free that happened today. Got absolutely rode by the ref but kerry never got out of 3rd gear and would have won anyway. We were awful 2nd half

Ffs, are you still whinging? Well, at least you're consistent with it, after every defeat. If your team learned to tackle with an ounce of intensity, maybe you wouldn't have let Kerry players kick points with barely a man near them.
That was never a square ball!!

tippabu

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2015, 12:47:51 AM

Ffs, are you still whinging? Well, at least you're consistent with it, after every defeat. If your team learned to tackle with an ounce of intensity, maybe you wouldn't have let Kerry players kick points with barely a man near them.

Ive no problem with the better team winning and said they didnt need to extend themselves, if you were at the game and didnt just watch a small spinet on the sunday game youd be better able to comment.

edit: a comment from the kerry forum " The Radio Kerry commentators were giving out about him too, that he gave nothing to Tipp in the first half."

BennyHarp

Quote from: tippabu on June 15, 2015, 01:40:06 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 15, 2015, 12:47:51 AM

Ive no problem with the better team winning and said they didnt need to extend themselves, if you were at the game and didnt just watch a small spinet on the sunday game youd be better able to comment.

edit: a comment from the kerry forum " The Radio Kerry commentators were giving out about him too, that he gave nothing to Tipp in the first half."

Of course I only saw a small bit on the Sunday Game. Hardly the weekends most attractive fixture. But i don't need to see the full game to see Kerry players like Sheehan, Geaney and Gooch leisurely kicking points with barely a hand near them. I don't think the ref played a part in that? Did your manager let Fitzmaurice into the changing afterwards after Goochs cynical moment? But to be fair, Kerry were in 2nd gear and are most definitely the team to beat this year.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Sunday Game wasn't a very accurate depiction I think. The main difference was that Kerry were far more efficient. They certainly had 'hands on them' quite a bit during the game, and were rattled early on, but Tipp hit some bad wides which killed momentum. Around the middle of the field Kerry were in serious bother until about 15 minutes in, then they started hoovering up breaks. The second half needed Tipp to start well, only 2 points down, but Kerry had a great start. They are just that bit more polished in fairness. Still, I wouldn't see this as a step back for Tipp, more accurately it wasn't the huge step forward we were hoping for. Still, no irreparable damage done, and hopefully a good run in the qualifiers. It does bring home the need to get out of Division 3. Tipp need to be playing football in Division 2 at least, and ideally Division 1. The power Kerry have in the tackle is honed by playing top teams every game.

Tipp have some fine footballers, but they need to continue developing so that they can bring the intensity they showed for the majority of the first half, and the quality, to bear for a full 70+ minutes. That's what it will take.