Casting from Kodi / xmbc query

Started by StGallsGAA, June 03, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

talking to folk in work saying about the firestick kodi. Very temped what speed internet is require, have normal broadband, would it be enough?

JoG2

Quote from: pullhard on August 04, 2015, 11:34:45 AM
talking to folk in work saying about the firestick kodi. Very temped what speed internet is require, have normal broadband, would it be enough?

I'm running kodi through a chromecast on 6-8mb without much bother (dead or non working links being the only bother)

pullhard

hmm, i'll have to run speed checker when i get home, suspect i'll be around 2/3mb, iplayer sometimes lags

StGallsGAA

Get BT Infinity or Sky's alternative if you want to run stuff through Kodi.   Before I had it I needed to pause any film for 30 mins or so to let it buffer before watching otherwise it kept freezing.  Plenty of 1 year half price infinity offers or similar about.  Sky have a free first year high speed offer as well. 

WeeDonns

Quote from: pullhard on August 04, 2015, 11:34:45 AM
Got one last week and very happy with it. Especially for streaming movies etc.
Watched the football on Sunday on it via PremierSports on the vdubt25 addon and it was a bit jumpy

Does anyone use an EPG add on to view all their live tv Streams? I just use the live tv sections on addons like vdubt25 & iStream but I like the look of the iVue epg, makes it more like Sky

Also; the MX RTE Player addon has stopped working. Can anyone suggest a good addon for RTE ?

pullhard

Just checked BT/SKY there is fibre in the area, but no capacity left in the cabinet, nightmare, have to wait until they upgrade i guess

andoireabu

Trying to cast phoenix to my chromecast but when i click the link for any of the sky sports channels the tv goes blank and it just plays on the phone. Any ideas? I tried to cast a movie from another add on and it worked ok
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

JoG2

Quote from: andoireabu on August 08, 2015, 02:03:22 PM
Trying to cast phoenix to my chromecast but when i click the link for any of the sky sports channels the tv goes blank and it just plays on the phone. Any ideas? I tried to cast a movie from another add on and it worked ok

A bit odd that 1 played on the phone and 1 casted.  Should either cast all or play all on the phone I'd have thought.  Have you the correct player core factory.xml pasted into the userdata folder? (assuming your casting through localcast)

andoireabu

Quote from: JoG2 on August 08, 2015, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on August 08, 2015, 02:03:22 PM

A bit odd that 1 played on the phone and 1 casted.  Should either cast all or play all on the phone I'd have thought.  Have you the correct player core factory.xml pasted into the userdata folder? (assuming your casting through localcast)
Aye im using the one you told me about and I have it in the correct folder.

BenDover

Lads I was getting a format/codec not supported error earlier when trying to stream the gaa. Is there anything I can do to bypass this? I was trying to use Phoneix TV and vdubt25. Also can ye cast from within Navi-x?

JoG2

Kodi is a bit of a lottery with the live streaming.  I had sky and BBC Wales working fine in the morning using Phoenix and localcast.  Couldn't for the GAA or the rugby in the afternoon / evening.  They say clearing the cache in kodi (go to options on your Android,  'more',  then 'application manager'... Find kodi app and delete cache  / data.  Didn't work for me this time.  Annoying but sure that's par for the course

Damn Rupert Murdoch and those soul selling non gael accountants now running the GAA.  I suppose Dessie and Donal Og's 6 figure salarys needy be financed from somewhere! 

andoireabu

Got the same error message for local cast when I tried the Sky Sports on Phoenix but when I tried to load a tv show on genisis it cast fine.  Then when I tried to watch Sky Sports without casting it worked fine.  But it just wouldn't cast Sky Sports.  Said to "press ok when playback ended" on the kodi app.  Ended up having to go to the bar to watch it. Ah well!!

BenDover

If the stream won't cast what do I need to do to just watch it on the phone then? Every time I select a stream localcast opens up by default, tried holding the stream link in and using the play from here option but still no good.

Would this codec/format issue be a problem with the Amazon Fire stick or any of the other android sticks/boxes?

laoislad

Quote from: BenDover on August 10, 2015, 08:23:18 AM
If the stream won't cast what do I need to do to just watch it on the phone then? Every time I select a stream localcast opens up by default, tried holding the stream link in and using the play from here option but still no good.

Would this codec/format issue be a problem with the Amazon Fire stick or any of the other android sticks/boxes?
Shouldn't be as Kodi plays with the internal player on the tv boxes.
You wouldn't need the casting option.
I watched Liverpool game yesterday and the Golf last night via Kodi and an android tv box with a near perfect stream for both.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

StGallsGAA

You can't cast Skysports via Kodi to chromecast.   Get an android box or a firestick.