Casting from Kodi / xmbc query

Started by StGallsGAA, June 03, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

I didn't get it from the App Store I got it from Kodis website that's what I was on about the sorcery involved in putting it on... Look on youtube or the like there are loads of tutorials.

Any questions fire away I'm far from an expert but was able to do it myself...

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Boycey on June 25, 2015, 03:00:11 PM
I didn't get it from the App Store I got it from Kodis website that's what I was on about the sorcery involved in putting it on... Look on youtube or the like there are loads of tutorials.

Any questions fire away I'm far from an expert but was able to do it myself...

Thanks Boycey!  Just want to make sure that Kodi is not blocked and can still be loaded onto the firestick. I have cast a few movies to the TV via my phone, its unreal the amount of  content available.

annapr

Quote from: Boycey on June 25, 2015, 12:00:57 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on June 24, 2015, 11:25:56 PM
Quote from: Boycey on June 03, 2015, 10:32:19 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on June 03, 2015, 10:20:02 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on June 03, 2015, 09:29:42 PM
Cheers Ben.  Thought the Firestick might have been able to do it, but maybe not.

Don't know if you can cast as such to firestick from your tablet, but you can sideload Kodi / XBMC directly onto the firestick, and run directly from there.

That's what I meant too  ;D

Did the Firestick method work to cast live TV?

It's not really casting as I've said above as you load Kodi onto the stick itself and plug it into the TV.. Once I mastered the sorcery of putting Kodi onto the stick it's the most incredible piece of kit I've ever used at the price it cost (£25). I've watched sky sports regularly on it and watched the U.S. Golf on an absolute cracking full HD Fox Sports stream a couple of times last weekend.

Very happy with it to date...
Where are you finding these streams?
I can access the movies and TV shows ok but anytime I try to connect to a live sports stream it just won't connect or comes up with link can't be found or something to that effect.

Boycey

What addons u using annapr?

Vdubt25
Iptvstalker
Pak hind

Are usually the most reliable working ones

annapr

Well you see this is what I'm not sure of.
I downloaded a version that came with a 'hub wizard' that suppose to load all the best addons automatically.
I'm not sure if those you mentioned are on it though.
If I add them addons where do I look for the channels they provide or are they all going to be mixed in with what's there already?
Maybe I should download a fresh clean version of Kodi first.

Boycey

No need for a fresh install I wouldn't think..

Just download any/all of them, plenty of tutorials on where to get them and how to install them if you google search. Once installed and enabled you should find them in your list of video-add ons. Click into them to see the range of channels in each.

I've just checked iptvstalker and vdubt25, both working fine

laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on June 25, 2015, 04:23:57 PM
What addons u using annapr?

Vdubt25
Iptvstalker
Pak hind

Are usually the most reliable working ones
You're an awful bollix but fair play to you that Pak hind addon is amazing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Boycey on June 25, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
No need for a fresh install I wouldn't think..

Just download any/all of them, plenty of tutorials on where to get them and how to install them if you google search. Once installed and enabled you should find them in your list of video-add ons. Click into them to see the range of channels in each.

I've just checked iptvstalker and vdubt25, both working fine

I am up and running :)Looks like IPTV Stalker has all the Sky channels, which one shows the GAA?

Some of the other addons you boys recommend are Geoblocked.....Thanks for help!

Boycey

Today is Amazon Prime day (Amazons equivalent of Black Friday) and those FireSticks we've been talking about are on offer for £19... Some deal for anyone interested.

You may have to register for Amazon Prime but if so it can be cancelled before the free trial runs out

Over the Bar

Once you've installed Kodi on the firestick can you play live sports streams?

Boycey

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 15, 2015, 08:42:24 PM
Once you've installed Kodi on the firestick can you play live sports streams?

Yes

laoislad

Loads of links broken in IPTV and Pak Hind.
UK Turk live TV is pretty good though as is VDub

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on July 16, 2015, 01:56:21 PM
Loads of links broken in IPTV and Pak Hind.
UK Turk live TV is pretty good though as is VDub

Streams are pretty hit and miss on them all in my experience but IPTV has by far the best picture on his Sports TV channels. VDub25 is fairly decent but that TurkLive is off as often as not?

laoislad

Turk live has been ok for me anytime I tried.

http://shadowsrepo.info/shadows

The repo above is pretty good.
Once enabled choose the Robinhood addon in video add ons and once added the Money Sports section has reliable streams and a section that has all the live matches on at a particular time with the stream link beside it. It's handy rather than having to search through different stations for a match you want.
Watched an excellent stream of Tevez making his debut for Boca Juniors last night on it.

BenDover

Guy in work pointed me in the direction of this website https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/xbmc/ lots of how to guides on here