FIFA Corruption arrests.

Started by topcuppla, May 27, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

This is an interesting alternative look at why FIFA is the way it is.  Certainly some food for thought IMO:
http://glineq.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-real-stakes-behind-fifa-scandal.html

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Minder

Sponsors must have had a word
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Boycey

Makes you wonder what's coming down the line?

He was very bullish at the congress despite last weeks arrests and scandal.

foxcommander

Quote from: johnneycool on June 01, 2015, 01:04:08 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on May 31, 2015, 05:08:44 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 29, 2015, 07:31:28 PM
Just shows all the voters out there that owes him favours. Scratch back stuff! He seems to be the Charlie Haughey of Football politics!

They've all had their hand in the till somewhere along the line - if blatter falls who might he take along with him for the ride. These fellas are all sh** scared since Webb & co might do time in the states.

They need to gut FIFA and start again but will probably end up the same. Always some C*** on the take.

Someone mentioned at work yesterday and I agree with them, why would an official take receipt of a 50k watch as a present if not on the take. Wouldn't it be better to buy 50k's worth of equipment for kids football in your country than wearing something tawdry on your arm. Shows the character of these elected officials.

Sure wur Jim didn't even know he'd got one, found it in his garage after the shít had hit the fan post Brazil.

Because your garage is the right place to store a Rolex...right next to your mink coat and the faberge eggs.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

omaghjoe

Blatter's gonna resign...... the flames must be getting close to his ass

ballinaman

"Zey vant to be zeam number zurty zree.....ya...really.....zey said ziz."..

Regards,
Ireland

StGallsGAA

None of the executive members of FIFA who were arrested were appointed by Blatter,  they are all appointed by their federations and he didn't have the authority to sack any of them.   Other than this happening on his presidency it's doubtful he has any case to answer in relation to allegations of corruption by members appointed by the federations. 

macdanger2

I presume he has a successor waiting in the wings? The only reason I can see for doing this now instead of 4 days ago is that he didn't want the other guy in

AZOffaly

Well there will have to be another vote, so he can't just annoint his successor. I would say that the Feds have him in their sights, and maybe someone said if you don't step down you're coming in bucko.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 03, 2015, 01:43:59 AM
I presume he has a successor waiting in the wings? The only reason I can see for doing this now instead of 4 days ago is that he didn't want the other guy in

Possibly, or maybe some of his enemies waited to see if the vote would remove him. When it didn't, they hit him with something that was enough to get him to resign.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

I would say the Qataris are watching with interest. Athlete's have been retrospectively stripped of medals etc. for wrong-doing indentified at a later date so are we likely to see another "clean" vote-off for WC2022?

Walter Cronc

They wont be happy boys if they've built all these stadiums to have it taken off them!!

Serves them right for their inhumane working conditions!

AZOffaly

f**king ridiculous when you think about it. How in the name of Jaysus can Qatar hope to use all those stadiums?