Case for the Defense

Started by mrhardyannual, May 25, 2015, 11:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrhardyannual

In the Mayo Senior Football Championship game between Castlebar Mitchels and Ballaghadereen on Sat night, the Ballagh coach, Eamon O Hara is reported to have asked the referee, before the throw in, if he had any objection to all his players bar the midfielders lining up in their own half of the field. The referee reportedly insisted that they must start the game with six forwards but what they did afterwards was up to themselves. After lining out in the traditional manner, Ballagh then withdrew all bar Andy Moran into the defense. At half time they trailed by one point. For the second half throw in all Ballagh players were in their own half.
Cutting edge coaching? Madness?
Discuss.

Gabriel_Hurl

larryin89

Castlebar won the game, tactic failed . Coaches are slowly losing the plot trying to be the inventor of a new found system . O hara just another ejit of this era.

Most important thing in this game was Andy looked very good .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

macdanger2

Quote from: mrhardyannual on May 25, 2015, 11:18:11 AM
In the Mayo Senior Football Championship game between Castlebar Mitchels and Ballaghadereen on Sat night, the Ballagh coach, Eamon O Hara is reported to have asked the referee, before the throw in, if he had any objection to all his players bar the midfielders lining up in their own half of the field. The referee reportedly insisted that they must start the game with six forwards but what they did afterwards was up to themselves. After lining out in the traditional manner, Ballagh then withdrew all bar Andy Moran into the defense. At half time they trailed by one point. For the second half throw in all Ballagh players were in their own half.
Cutting edge coaching? Madness?
Discuss.

Was just going to post this and was wondering what thread to put it in!!

Ballagh were 1 up at HT and failed to score for the 2nd half. It's worth noting as well, that Ballagh would be in the top 8 teams in the county rather than a newly promoted minnow

Denn Forever

The Pundits were talking before the Cavan game about Cavan's 1 - 14 system vs Monaghan's 1- 13 -1.  Don't know who was utilising the Diamond formation as well.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Gabriel_Hurl

I don't think they named enough subs

deiseach

Mario Balotelli can't even get onto that panel.

Jinxy

If you were a Ballagh man between the ages of 14 and 45 you'd be fairly sick you didn't make that panel.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

I can just see them bringing on number 42 and the auld lads in the stand going mad because they are 'ruining him for the Juniors'.

Syferus

Strange stuff from O'Hara. There's the talent in that Balagh panel to play a much more adventurous brand of football.

Bingo

Any pictures of the subs bench during the game?

AZOffaly

sensethetone

The guys in the jeans played againist Cross.

Bingo

theticklemister

Some lucky women in Ballaghdreen I tell ye