Who can stop Larry Reilly's Cavan Minors?

Started by ONeill, May 25, 2015, 12:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Westside

It'll be extremely annoying if we don't even compete in this game because we weren't prepared for playing against a defensive unit. No excuse for it.

ck

Quote from: Westside on June 21, 2015, 02:53:10 PM
It'll be extremely annoying if we don't even compete in this game because we weren't prepared for playing against a defensive unit. No excuse for it.

Ye weren't prepared to play against a defensive unit? Why not??

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ck on June 21, 2015, 02:54:23 PM
Quote from: Westside on June 21, 2015, 02:53:10 PM

Ye weren't prepared to play against a defensive unit? Why not??

Our manager is on record as saying he is going to attack attack attack, no sweeper no defensive systems. Sounds great in theory but its extremely naive talk (if you take it at face value). The question is were the cavan management so disrepectful of Antrim that they just thought their "attacking brilliance" would blow them away. Those were the vibes I've been hearing. They are 4 points down now so time will tell whether they can turn it around.

ONeill

Lewis Fay Cooper on for Cavan. Bound to be good.

Westside

That's exactly it Myles. They should have been prepared to go out and match the defensive structure of Antrim. Hopefully they can turn it around but this sounds a bit like the Roscommon Sligo game from yesterday.

ONeill

ck

Quote from: Westside on June 21, 2015, 03:01:32 PM
That's exactly it Myles. They should have been prepared to go out and match the defensive structure of Antrim. Hopefully they can turn it around but this sounds a bit like the Roscommon Sligo game from yesterday.

The reality is that you've no idea what they've prepared for!
Just because they are attacking side doesn't mean they haven't prepared for facing a defensive unit. A lot of people jump to conclusions without any evidence!

Westside

I'm not at the game so was just assuming. They dropped back a sweeper in the second half and totally dominated since that move. Should see it out now.

Itchy

1-19 to 1-11 final score, 1-13 in 2nd half is some scoring.

Westside

Great turnaround in the second half, whatever switches management made sound to have worked a treat. Donegal looking very imposing on the other side of the draw and they are heavy favourites even before meeting Derry. Two more games at least for the lads though and that will bring them on a lot.

DuffleKing

A conversation with people involved in development squads last weekend told me that the best 5 minor teams in Ulster were in the other half of the draw?

Itchy

That sounds like bullshit to me unless you think the ulster league is a measure of the quality of teams, which it clearly isn't.

DuffleKing

The summary was based on 17s and 16s the last two years and endorsed by league results. No possible truth to the logic?