Who can stop Larry Reilly's Cavan Minors?

Started by ONeill, May 25, 2015, 12:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Larry is a selector not the manager.  Good minor team , they don't play the defensive system,  go man to man. Few very good inside forwards Robbie Fitzpatrick and Thomas Edward Donahoe.

Minor team will be strong next year, team that beat Dublin last year in the gerry reilly final

blanketattack

Quote from: ONeill on May 25, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
It's a bit like Maradona managing Argentina.

So you're saying he's the most clueless manager ever?

ck

Cavan minors going all out attack is the way forward for the county as they may produce a few key scoring men which they badly need.

What is Larry Reillys role then?

blanketattack

Quote from: ck on May 27, 2015, 10:41:59 AM
Cavan minors going all out attack is the way forward for the county as they may produce a few key scoring men which they badly need.

What is Larry Reillys role then?

He sired all of them

muppet

Quote from: blanketattack on May 27, 2015, 09:29:51 AM

One doesn't simply manage, followers shall be guided by the light of omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.
MWWSI 2017

BluestackBoy

Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2015, 12:14:15 PM

One doesn't simply manage, followers shall be guided by the light of omniscience, omnipresence and omnipotence.

A lot of omnis there Muppet.

Job lot?
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

muppet

Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 28, 2015, 09:43:02 AM
Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2015, 12:14:15 PM

A lot of omnis there Muppet.

Job lot?

Word of the day one week last year.
MWWSI 2017

ck

Cavan 1/8 for tomorrow. Antrim will get a lift from their seniors today but it's hard to see them coming close to this excellent Cavan team.

Itchy

We will see how excellent (or not) Cavan are as Monaghan were nothing short of dire the last day.

Westside

I'd imagine Antrim will be only too keen to get to Breffni today and see if they can exploit our management's insistence on going man to man and focussing on attack.

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on June 21, 2015, 01:41:10 PM
I'd imagine Antrim will be only too keen to get to Breffni today and see if they can exploit our management's insistence on going man to man and focussing on attack.

Surely ye should be happy about a more attack-focused underage team? Sounds like exactly what Cavan football needs to be coming on stream to complete the puzzle.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
Quote from: Westside on June 21, 2015, 01:41:10 PM

Surely ye should be happy about a more attack-focused underage team? Sounds like exactly what Cavan football needs to be coming on stream to complete the puzzle.

Attack minded is good but the comments that came from the camp were bordering on naive if you take them at face value - they said they would play no sweepers and go all out attack. If they do make the final and play like that against most likely donegal then they will be beaten.

Westside

I suppose I'm just looking for a happy medium Syferus. I don't want to see the management stubbornly sticking to a man to man game if it means we end up losing. Sometimes you just need to batten down the hatches, particularly to come through Ulster. If we can come out and outshoot Antrim and win then great, if it's not working and we need to get into a dogfight then I hope that's something we can do.

Westside

Sounds like Antrim are doing just as I guessed, lot of men back and Cavan struggling early on.

ck

For the long term good of Cavan football an attacking strategy would sound like a very sensible way forward. They'll concede against Antrim (who I hear are a damn fine side) but should have too much attacking power.