Have you ever been a 'Sledger?'

Started by theticklemister, May 18, 2015, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Leaving this shît on the field is exactly what got us to this point. A light needs to be shone on it. Your position is disturbing Omaghjoe - you want to continually heighten the burden of proof at which this should be talked about for seemingly no reason but the fact it makes Tyrone look very bad.

muppet

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 22, 2015, 06:15:01 PM
http://www.the42.ie/tyrone-donegal-minor-sledging-2119441-May2015/?utm_source=twitter_self

QuoteTheir statement read: "Due to persistent allegations circulating in the media, some of which have been attributed to the Donegal Minor football manager, regarding verbal abuse during the Tyrone v Donegal Ulster Minor Football Championship match, Coiste Contae Thir Eoghain has conducted an investigation, involving its management and players.

As a result of the investigation undertaken it would refute in the strongest possible terms that a comment was made by any of its players to a Donegal player regarding the death of his father in 2014.

Tyrone GAA in no way condone 'sledging'​ and the managers and coaches of all our county teams, from Acadamh Thir Eoghain​ to Senior, actively discourage this practice.

Tyrone GAA congratulates both Donegal teams on their victories on Sunday in Ballybofey, wishing them well in the remainder of their 2015 campaigns and would express our deepest sympathies to the player on his loss. ​​"

Um......

There is something missing isn't there?
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on May 22, 2015, 07:24:38 PM
Leaving this shît on the field is exactly what got us to this point. A light needs to be shone on it. Your position is disturbing Omaghjoe - you want to continually heighten the burden of proof at which this should be talked about for seemingly no reason but the fact it makes Tyrone look very bad.

Heighten the burden of proof??? Don't talk crap! One mans denial against 2nd hand accusations is not proof of anything.

I say it should be left on the field because nothing can be proved and nothing can be stopped, sure you can say anything about what on out there.

I can say Donegal were at the very same thing in 2011 but the player chose to leave it on the pitch, most likely because he didnt want more hurt being caused by it coming out. But  I have no proof

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 22, 2015, 07:32:27 PM

Heighten the burden of proof??? Don't talk crap! One mans denial against 2nd hand accusations is not proof of anything.

I say it should be left on the field because nothing can be proved and nothing can be stopped, sure you can say anything about what on out there.

I can say Donegal were at the very same thing in 2011 but the player chose to leave it on the pitch, most likely because he didnt want more hurt being caused by it coming out. But  I have no proof

You have no idea whether it can be proven or not yet.
MWWSI 2017

Westside

Tyrone are some laugh, conducting an "investigation" of their own. As if a Minor player is going to come out and admit it. And now Ricey coming out saying he would never stoop that low. This from a man spitting in a lads face and grabbing his balls on the field!!

Tyrone Minors have form for this, 2 years ago against Mayo a player who had suffered a terrible family tragedy was reminded of it on the field by a Tyrone player.

Darby

Are people really trying to defend this behaviour? Is it okay because it happens on a football field? Is it okay because everybody else is at it?

By the way, nobody thinks that Tyrone are the only cynical team in the country. They're just more cynical than everyone else.

LeoMc

Quote from: Darby on May 22, 2015, 07:53:10 PM
Are people really trying to defend this behaviour? Is it okay because it happens on a football field? Is it okay because everybody else is at it?

By the way, nobody thinks that Tyrone are the only cynical team in the country. They're just more cynical than everyone else.
I haven't seen anyone defend it. I have seen a Donegal official and a Tyrone official deny it happened and we have seen a 17 yo receive online abuse and threats over something he may not have done.

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on May 22, 2015, 07:59:23 PM

I haven't seen anyone defend it. I have seen a Donegal official and a Tyrone official deny it happened and we have seen a 17 yo receive online abuse and threats over something he may not have done.

I've seen a Tyrone fan blog claim an unnamed Donegal said it wasn't true. We have more information on the alleged event than there is in the blog.

Hard to know what to believe at the moment. Reminds me of the biting incident a couple of years ago tbh.
MWWSI 2017

Darby

At what point are Tyrone supporters going to eventually admit that at least one of the 30,000 or so allegations made against them might be true?

LeoMc

Burden of proof?
We have 1 manger claiming something was said and one
Co board refuting it, in the middle he have a 17yo receiving online anise for something he may not have done, fueled by the sort of hysteria you are indulging in.

Darby

Quote from: LeoMc on May 22, 2015, 08:05:14 PM
Burden of proof?
Co board refuting it, in the middle he have a 17yo receiving online anise for something he may not have done, fueled by the sort of hysteria you are indulging in.
But there is of course no chance a lad, who has allowed himself to be named, was mocked about the death of his father. Nope, absolutely not.

LeoMc

Quote from: Darby on May 22, 2015, 08:04:51 PM

I haven't seen anyone defend it. I have seen a Donegal official and a Tyrone official deny it happened and we have seen a 17 yo receive online abuse a
nd threats over something he may not have done.
At what point are Tyrone supporters going to eventually admit that at least one of the 30,000 or so allegations made against them might be true?
I have seen a lot of Tyrone supporters, including myself condemn the alleged incident with the caveat if true. We just aren't as quick to fetch the pitchforks (or new log ins) to conduct a witch hunt for a he said no he didn't allegation.

LeoMc

Quote from: Darby on May 22, 2015, 08:06:17 PM
Burden of proof?
But there is of course no chance a lad, who has allowed himself to be named, was mocked about the death of his father. Nope, absolutely not.
I have seen no one say there was no chance, no one else seems to have the absolute certainty you have.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Darby on May 22, 2015, 08:06:17 PM
Burden of proof?

Has he allowed himself to be name tho or was he just named? Maybe you know something more?

omaghjoe

The fact that Bonner went to the press makes me suspicious in the first place, why didn't he go through GAA channels for this where he could be dealt with fairly and squarely?

The fact that its easier to go to the press were allegations can be fired around with a bit of hearsay, leading to a mob and moral conviction gives rise for concern and suspicion as to his motives.