Should the supporters go on strike?

Started by sligoman2, May 18, 2015, 02:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: NAG1 on May 18, 2015, 12:40:11 PM
Not going to get involved in a the ridiculous title of this thread more of a side note.

Was it just me or was there a feeling that all three of the pundits on the live shown has been preprogrammed not to be negative about football in general. All three sounded more upbeat that usual about the state of football and its future, maybe this was just because it was the opening weekend on the TV but it definitely to me felt like there was a concerted effort not be negative.

Yeah they were definitely more positive but Spillage found it hard at times. They had spent two minutes talking about the wind being far worse than it looked on TV and applauding them for playing in the conditions, when possession stats etc show up on the screen (with no mention of passes) and Spillage brought out his old favourite, the kickpass to handpass ratio. As if they were going to kick the ball a lot on a day like that.

eddie d

Quote from: sligoman2 on May 18, 2015, 02:42:02 AM
Just finished watching the second half of the Donegal v Tyrone game and it was like watching WWF mixed with a bad rugby game.  People shouldn't have to pay 20 or 30 euro to watch that Shyte.  If the GAA won't change the rules and the managers won't change the tactics, then I am very afraid for the future of what was once a great game to play and to watch.
For the first time in my life I'm getting fed up of football, it's becoming unwatchable with players handpassing the ball all over the field and 15 men behind the ball.  It's very hard to watch and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting turned off.

How do we send a message to the GAA and the managers that we are fed up of this nonsense? We need to fix it before it's too late.  I think we (the fans) should send a clear message by boycotting one game completely.  The Armagh v donegal game would probably be a good One As I expect to see a replay of today.  The best way to send a message is to hit them financially.....

What do the think? And what game would ye pick to send a loud and clear message that we are sick of watching this rubbish?

I agree it's getting harder to watch. Just because it was hard hitting doesn't make it a good game. It's not just the game yesterday but in most county and club games.

It's getting more and more like rugby or even to an extent basketball. If you paused the game yesterday at times I would guarantee that you see one team on their own side and the team in possession moving the ball across the pitch to try to find a space to run into. Is that enjoyable to watch? Is it enjoyable to watch 5-6 Donegal players pass the ball to each other in their own half because there is no one marking them?

BluestackBoy

Quote from: sligoman2 on May 18, 2015, 11:58:32 AM
Quote from: BluestackBoy on May 18, 2015, 10:00:21 AM
Quote from: sligoman2 on May 18, 2015, 02:42:02 AM

How do we send a message to the GAA and the managers that we are fed up of this nonsense? We need to fix it before it's too late.  I think we (the fans) should send a clear message by boycotting one game completely.  The Armagh v donegal game would probably be a good One As I expect to see a replay of today.  The best way to send a message is to hit them financially.....

What do the think? And what game would ye pick to send a loud and clear message that we are sick of watching this rubbish?

Considering that you didn't pay anything to watch yesterday's game & didn't have to watch it, I don't see what you're problem is. The people who attended yesterday's sell out in Ballybofey knew what to expect & enjoyed the game hugely. The same will apply to the sell out in Armagh.

If you are looking for a game to boycott, I would suggest the next Sligo game. Not alone will there be no skill on display, there won't be much fighting spirit either. Now that is what I call puke football.

I paid $200 for a subscription to gaago to watch championship games so I did pay.  I'm amazed at how some of ye want to defend the total crap that was the 2nd half yesterday.  It could have been one of the best games of the championship if it was played in an open manner - but that was not the case and that is why many former footballers like myself are beginning to lose interest, which is very sad as I never thought that day would come.  Don't worry, Sligo will show plenty of spirit, we always try to play football at least.
Anyone who thought yesterday's game was going to be played in an "open manner" really doesn't know much about football.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.