Armagh v Donegal USFC 14/06/2015

Started by Agent Orange, May 17, 2015, 06:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: BluestackBoy on June 07, 2015, 08:08:31 PM
Really looking forward to this game, a packed ground, a great atmosphere & 2 fully committed teams, what more could you ask for?

As for the game itself, Donegal have the better players, especially up front. Armagh will be looking to Jamie Clarke for a big performance & if Donegal do a mam to man marking job on him, a la Justin McMahon, then it's hard to see where the Armagh scores are going to come from.

As against that home advantage is with the Orchard men & that is always worth a few points. I expect Donegal to play a tight controlled game & to come out 2 or 3 points the better of a low scoring game.

Clarke doesn't tend to score too much for us and wasn't prolific during the league. For all our failings, one of them isn't that we're over reliant on Jamie for scores.  Would be very surprised if he weighs in with anything more than a couple of points on Sunday.
That's just, like your opinion man.

illdecide

K Lacey will prob pick up J Clarke and i'm happy with that as it will curb his own influence on the game which will be a big factor in the game. Armagh no longer rely on J Clarke for scoring and as Armamike said he'll prob get 2-3pts in the game but he'll pull defenders away and he'll create space for the other forwards. Hope we get a good game and i'll have no problems with whoever wins just as long as the man in black does not ruin it and lets the two teams play football.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tonto1888

Getting properly nervous for this now

general_lee

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 08, 2015, 10:51:59 AM
Why? Armagh have literally nothing nothing to lose. Full team to pick from, sell-out home tie against the team to beat in Ulster, no one giving them a hope. All the Derry ones gearing up for a semi v Donegal. Armagh are a bit better than people give them credit, this crop of players have developed and are still developing nicely. Massive ask no doubt but I've a quiet optimism going into this, Donegal can be got in the long grass.

DennistheMenace

Think Armagh might win this one, Donegal weren't that impressive against Tyrone.

Who will do the Justy McMahon on Murphy?

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on June 08, 2015, 11:51:39 AM
Why? Armagh have literally nothing nothing to lose. Full team to pick from, sell-out home tie against the team to beat in Ulster, no one giving them a hope. All the Derry ones gearing up for a semi v Donegal. Armagh are a bit better than people give them credit, this crop of players have developed and are still developing nicely. Massive ask no doubt but I've a quiet optimism going into this, Donegal can be got in the long grass.

I agree with what youre saying mate, I just get nervous in the build up to games, the bigger the game the more nervous I get

general_lee

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 08, 2015, 11:58:23 AM
Quote from: general_lee on June 08, 2015, 11:51:39 AM

I agree with what youre saying mate, I just get nervous in the build up to games, the bigger the game the more nervous I get
i get ya. I'll be some sight come match day myself especially if it is close.

tonto1888

I find it hard to watch at times when its really close

DuffleKing

David Colderick the man in the middle

illdecide

There will be some great individual battles...

J Morgan v P McBrearty
Vernon v Murphy
A Mallon v MacNiallais
McKeever v McFadden
M Shields v O'Reilly
Murray v McHugh (if he starts) C Toye could start in his place and he'd be too big for Murray!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DennistheMenace

Would Vernon likely follow Murphy out the field?

twohands!!!

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 08, 2015, 12:21:23 PM

Not good news for Armagh imo - his style of reffing definitely won't suit them.

yellowcard

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 08, 2015, 12:56:41 PM

What is that even supposed to mean?

mackers

Quote from: yellowcard on June 08, 2015, 03:01:50 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on June 08, 2015, 12:56:41 PM

What is that even supposed to mean?
This poster has had several swipes at Armagh's tackling/discipline in this thread.  Probably a WUM that's best ignored.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

J70

Quote from: illdecide on June 08, 2015, 09:25:44 AM
K Lacey will prob pick up J Clarke and i'm happy with that as it will curb his own influence on the game which will be a big factor in the game. Armagh no longer rely on J Clarke for scoring and as Armamike said he'll prob get 2-3pts in the game but he'll pull defenders away and he'll create space for the other forwards. Hope we get a good game and i'll have no problems with whoever wins just as long as the man in black does not ruin it and lets the two teams play football.

Where will Clarke play?

Lacey will be centre back.