Odyssey Arena Parking

Started by fearglasmor, May 10, 2015, 11:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearglasmor

Bringing my daughter and her friends to a concert in the odyssey at the end of the month. Whats the story with parking?

The Bearded One

Plentiful parking but can be slow getting out afterwards. If you aren't going to the concert you'd be better waiting down the road from Odyssey and avoiding the actual car park. Arrange for them to ring when they are outside.
It is what it is. Presumably.

David McKeown

There's a car park towards city centre just under the flyover. 5 minute walk from Odyssey. Free most nights (possibly except Thursday's) and no wait to get away. The official car park is handier but much more expensive and it can take an hour or more to get out some nights
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Maguire01

The park and ride car park at Bridge End is 5 minutes walk, free at night, and a hell of a lot quicker to get out of after a gig.

T Fearon

Park strategically (ie near one of the exits) and leave the concert half way through the last song.

topcuppla

The car park is 3 quid - I am sure you spent at least 30 quid per ticket.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: topcuppla on May 11, 2015, 08:05:00 AM
The car park is 3 quid - I am sure you spent at least 30 quid per ticket.
Price isn't the issue, sitting in the car-park for an hour waiting to get out is.

When I went to WWE in November I parked at the carpark by Waterfront. 10 minute or so walk to the Odyssey but straight up May St. on onto the M1 within 2 minutes.

SHEEDY

Quote from: fearglasmor on May 10, 2015, 11:00:37 PM
Bringing my daughter and her friends to a concert in the odyssey at the end of the month. Whats the story with parking?
arrive earlyish and park near one of the exits. dont queue to pay for the car park at the ticket booth after the concert is over. you can pre pay your ticket before you go in or even easier just give your ticket and the 3quid to one the car park attendants who will be standing at the exits. arrive early and leave the arena sharpish if you want a quick getaway.
nil satis nisi optimum

T Fearon

Er isn't that what I told him?

Don Johnson

How much do you reckon the attendants skim off the £3 handed to them at the end of the night?

T Fearon

Why not prepay your ticket? For the sake of missing the last half song you can be on the M1 before half the crowd is out

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on May 11, 2015, 09:31:20 PM
Why not prepay your ticket? For the sake of missing the last half song you can be on the M1 before half the crowd is out
Why go to something and leave before the end? It's like the football, where people can travel for 2 or 3 hours and can't even hang about for 70 minutes.

Anyway, you don't always know what song is the last one.

fearglasmor

Thanks for the pointers. Travelling 3 hrs to bring daughter and her friends to her 1st concert so leaving early is not an option. Parking a little away from the arena car park sounds good.

Don Johnson

Where do you prepay? I've always give the money to the attendants on the way out.

The Bearded One

You pre-pay at the ticket machines, I think it is £4.50 for up to 6 hours.
It is what it is. Presumably.