8 (9.9%)
Sligo
9 (11.1%)
Leitrim
7 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Syferus

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 12, 2015, 07:29:37 PM
Thanks blackmamba, glad he wont miss game, if Galway get past Leitrim should be a cracker.

He's a doubt for that game anyways.

gibbs32

Ye naive guys and girls. Follow the pattern. Rossies will win as its inevitable.

larryin89

Quote from: gibbs32 on May 12, 2015, 11:55:32 PM
Ye naive guys and girls. Follow the pattern. Rossies will win as its inevitable.

Although the rosssies are confident , none are going on like you , I suspect you are indeed a troll now .
Getting back on topic. I see Kevin Walsh is starting to play silly beggars on Mayo even though he's not even beaten Leitrim yet. 
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Senan Kilbride has been announced as the GAA Player of the Month for April. Not bad going for Sean's son, eh Lar Naparka?

Duine Eile

Galway team named for Sunday:
1. Brian Donoghue
2. Johnny Duane
3. Finian Hanley
4. Cathal Sweeney
5. Liam Silke
6. Gary O'Donnell
7. Sean Denvir
8 Fiontan Ó Curraoin
9. Paul Conroy
10. Gary Sice
11. Shane Walsh
12. Micheál Lundy
13. Peadar ó Griofa
14. Damien Comer
15. Danny Cummins

Surprised to see Donoghue in goal seeing as he played for the junior team last week, the goalkeeping musical chairs continues!

magpie seanie

He wouldn't change the keeper for Sligo no matter what when he managed us!

Rossfan

Might drop in to Páirc Sheáin Sunday if the day is decent.
Galway by 8 pulling up I fear.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

galwayman

O Donoghue would have been playing in goal against NY but for illness.
Goalkeeper is a big weakness in this squad

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on May 13, 2015, 01:09:06 PM
Senan Kilbride has been announced as the GAA Player of the Month for April. Not bad going for Sean's son, eh Lar Naparka?
It is indeed, syf and if he's half as good as his father, he'll be some man to have on your side, any side.
I always felt he was holding something back and not playing to the full limits of his ability, if you can follow me. Aye, it could be an interesting year for Connacht football.
(Bejaysus, if Creggar turns it on as well, there will be no stopping the mighty Rossies at all, at all.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

sligoman

I think we have a good chance against Roscommon, they have been blown by all and sundry and I really think they are nowhere near the team they/others believe them to be. Sligo had a strong end to the league and got some good results at the close of the league so hopefully they can bring that with them. My one worry would be around the middle of the pitch, we have probably the smallest team size wise in the country and if Roscommon line Shine and Kilbride in the full forward line we would have problems there as we don't really have a good defender apart from McDonnell who is still learning his trade there. The two young lads did well at midfield towards the end but they are not midfielders by trade and I think in the heat of the championship this will become apparent.

The other options are very uninspiring, Gilmartin has had his chances and not really done much with them. Is Kilcullen still on the panel, I don't think he is county level? How is Tony Taylor doing these days, any chance he may return to the county fold? Another player who had his chances and didn't really grasp them but always felt he was our best option there which probably says something about our midfield in recent years! The team I would go with

Devaney
Donovan McDonnell Martyn
Cawley Egan Flanagan
Hughes Muprhy Breheny
Ewing Breheny Davey
Marren Kelly

The half back lines and half forward lines are really lacking in physicality but sadly that's the best we've got.

Syferus

They have no Cake or Francie or Frankie or Seamie to lead the lines in fairness..

sligoman

Funny you bring that up here after I sent you running for the hills in the other thread.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman on May 14, 2015, 09:31:08 PM
Funny you bring that up here after I sent you running for the hills in the other thread.

Maybe I just didn't want to involve myself in the absurdity.

larryin89

Sligoman, was chatting to James kilcullen a few weeks ago and he's going to be out for a good while I'm afraid .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

magpie seanie

Welcome Sligoman - I think you'll have a bit of fun here.