9 (11.1%)
Leitrim
7 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mano on April 28, 2015, 10:35:02 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 28, 2015, 09:49:56 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 28, 2015, 07:27:27 AM
Sligoman2, not many people in Ros are looking beyond the Sligo game. As i said in an earlier post, it's a potential banana skin for Ros if we start looking too far ahead of ourselves. No doubt, John Evans will reference Sligo's big win over Armagh as an indication of how Sligo can play.

In fairness that was against the Armagh reserves. I can't remember a time we took Sligo lightly. I can remember a time Sligo took us lightly, though..
You probably are not old enough for 1981. ye were about 8 points up in 2007 early in the second half when ye thought the game was won
Throw in 1997 as well.

Rossfan

1981 we were sliding rapidly from the highs of 77-80.
87 we were bad
97 we were plain bad
07 we had a tanned manager >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Rossfan on April 28, 2015, 10:41:19 AM
1981 we were sliding rapidly from the highs of 77-80.
87 we were bad
97 we had a tanned manager >:(
I think you mean 2007 Rossfan because I remember watching the tanned colossus getting laid out by a Laythrum man in our Connacht semi final that year before going on to make fifty five changes when one would do ( Brian Heffernan anyone) for a crocked Flanagan who should never have started that All Ireland anyway!!! :'( :'( :'(

Rossfan

larryin89

Where did Senan Kilbride play in the league game against Galway?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Shrewdness

You're right Croi, there was another thread where a lot of it was spent arguing about the spelling of the thread title, not to mention the whole Ballaghaderreen issue.... This thread refers specifically to the 2015 Connacht Championship, and if we all stay grown up, it can stay that way.

AZOffaly

Rossfan

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Mayo should have enough to win the 5 in a row but sport can be funny. Last year Ros nearly beat them and they are better this year. Galway are still a bit off the pace I'd say.

larryin89

Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2015, 02:33:42 PM
Mayo should have enough to win the 5 in a row but sport can be funny. Last year Ros nearly beat them and they are better this year. Galway are still a bit off the pace I'd say.

I'm not going to keep harping on about the same thing as I could be fooling myself too but do you not think there was a case of Mayo not going full tilt in the Roscommon game last year , taking them lightly sort of thing ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Crete Boom

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 28, 2015, 02:01:01 PM
Ballagh = Mayo!!!!

Fair play AZ no messing around with ye Offaly men. I really hope the Cards get AP in a ridiculously cheap trade now!! ;)

Shrewdness

Would be interested in hearing the views of other Rossies on the following...If the entire Roscommon panel was injury free, who would your championship 15 be, to face London?

Crete Boom

Quote from: larryin89 on April 28, 2015, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2015, 02:33:42 PM

I'm not going to keep harping on about the same thing as I could be fooling myself too but do you not think there was a case of Mayo not going full tilt in the Roscommon game last year , taking them lightly sort of thing ?

Don't think you are fooling yourself Larry as I thought (as well as most other Mayo fans I know) that we were trying to peak for August last year and it very nearly came off. I do think the Rossies are a good bit better this year though but I am unsure if Galway are any better or worse.

I am 50/50 on us whether we come out all guns blazing like you think or limp out meekly like so many other years!!! I just can't see us grinding out a Connacht championship as it is usually feast or famine with Mayo!!!