Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I missed the game lads, were Tyrone very cynical?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

Take it you mean Keith Barr, was at that game, do remember him running by McHugh and shouting something to him alright after a missed free, but its not the epidemic it is now adays, could been worse, it could could from Eamon Heery, then i would been genuinely worried, hardest nut on that ole Dublin team bar none. The difference back then  with mouthing, you got hit, but wouldn't have lay down as if taken out by a sniper like they do nowadays., u knew you deserved it.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Jinxy on May 17, 2015, 08:21:04 PM

Outrageously cynical,  but according to posters here from Tyrone they think that is the norm. They were up to everything from trash talking,  trying to get their opponents sent off, cynical dirty play and executing the dark arts like only they do. Donegal were the only team trying to play and scored some lovely scores.

orangeman

naka

Quote from: Jinxy on May 17, 2015, 08:21:04 PM
Enjoyed the game
It might have been nasty and cynical   But nothing too unsavoury   
but....
Some great scores Tyrone keeper pulled off some nice saves
They could have scrapped a draw in last minute .
There mightn't be better games in the summer 
Glad I didn't travel though as weather appalling

Wildweasel74

Put up that Flag, what county do you support anyway?

longballin

He has to be Kerry.. still hurting  :P

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 17, 2015, 08:42:17 PM
Put up that Flag, what county do you support are you anyway?

Mayo. Otherwise known as Larryin.

J70

Quote from: Bingo on May 17, 2015, 08:13:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2015, 06:18:28 PM
That was a great Ulster game. Not for the faint hearted. A throwback to the 80s. Justin did a brilliant job on Murphy. McShane caught in the headlights.

Great stuff.

;D no it wasn't.

Might be a throw back to the 80's in that when either of these teams get to Dublin for the business end of things they'll be hammered and back home very quickly.

We heard that last year too.

ose 14

donegal could have been caught today but once again the lateral passing midget forwards and lack of a free taker under pressure thought mccurry was woeful when the fat was in the fire let them off the hook. i know mickey has been unwell and this may sound churlish but he  still does not have  a clue when it comes to dismantling the blanket. i hope someone else gets a go at it soon there are better tacticians and also less stuborn ones. every tyrone player needs to take a solo and unless we learn to get it in quickly then its the same old rubbish. didnt someone define stupidity as repeating the same mistake over and over again.

J70

Quote from: cockahoop on May 17, 2015, 08:20:31 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 07:48:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2015, 07:42:57 PM
Martin McHugh has spoken about the grief he got from Keith Barry in the 92 AI Final, especially after he missed an early free. He shut him up pretty quickly, taking him on and beating him and getting a few class scores.

I'd say Barry probably just got into his head and played with his mind, almost putting him into a hypnotic state.

Barr!!! Not Barry

Just saw that.

Yes, Barr,  obviously!  :-[

f**king autocorrect on phone! >:(

redzone

just back from the game.good tough game with no quarter asked or given from either team.yes a few handbags but that was always gona be the case,especially on a wet day in a small field with both teams going defensive.intresting reading back through the comments. obviously those that played the game  are calling for what it was but some of the commnts esp u, PUT THE FLAG UP are just pathethic. I suppose anybody can be a keyboard warrior. best team won but only just. murphy can kick a few points from 45/50 yards every time we meet,were as we just don't have the forwards anymore/yet. the wind was a big factor as well in the first half as Donegal took some grt scores into it.u always need a 4/5 point advantage playing with the wind in ballybofey and we didn't take our scores in the first half.

The Stallion

I thought Donegal were more guilty in terms of sly fouling and mouthing off. Tyrone seemed to have more football in them than Donegal.

orangeman

StephenC

Delighted with the win. Hard luck to Tyrone who played very well I felt - Harte in particular was immense.
No quarter given or asked for today - what else did you expect?
McElhinney and McFadden were best for us.
Great win for our minors as well.