Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

I think Donegal will struggle against younger legs in Croke Park.

Tyrone  an improvement but no Stephen O Neills

Throw ball

Read through a good few pages there. For all those giving out about a lack of black cards I would say check the rules before you do so. The neck high challenges are yellow or red because they did not definitely deliberately pull the player to the ground. Similarly with Gallagher his trip had to be deliberate to be black. I felt it was just mistimed so yellow was correct. Cavanagh should have got a second yellow and not black. Overall I felt McQuillan was better than he usually is. On TV could not see what was going on of the ball. Both teams should be embarrassed about the amount of mouthing they did.
An enjoyable game on a terrible day. Should bring Tyrone on a good bit. Donegal should probably stroll to Ulster final now.

longballin

I thought it was a right aul game. Is people will always criticise Tyrone, Donegal and Ulster no matter what. will be many worse games this year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 17, 2015, 07:15:26 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 17, 2015, 06:32:34 PM
Fair play to Donegal, they are just a better team than Tyrone at the minute and won as they were expected to do, possibly keeping Tyrone at arms length as they have done for 4 years. As for the mouthing, cynical play etc, ffs, it's nothing new and is always going to happen when you stick 30 men on a small field and ask them to chase a ball around for their county. Those who thrive are the truly great players - stand up Micheal Murphy, poor enough throughout, took a load of shit but stepped up and hit a few class points to win the game. Ultimately this was the difference between the teams. Plenty of positives for Tyrone, if we can continue to improve, blood a few more U21s and get a few breaks along the way, then we could be formidable enough opposition in an All Ireland quarter final. The season has just begun - bring on Leitrim!!

Correct, the mouthing and cynical dirty play is a normal part of the game for ye, its the only way ye can win things, like the under 21, I didn't see McShane trying to decapitate anyone with his elbows today which is a change after hisunder 21 campaign

Maybe when you grow up and play a bit of senior football you'll understand.
That was never a square ball!!

thewobbler

Quote from: longballin on May 17, 2015, 07:29:53 PM
I thought it was a right aul game. Is people will always criticise Tyrone, Donegal and Ulster no matter what. will be many worse games this year.

I agree. Yep there was some daft stuff in it, but there was a lorry load of good stuff too, and some brilliant score taking. Thought Tyrone showed real balls after their horror start, and that the likes of Harte and Donnelly showed that a blanket is only a sidestep away from 8 defenders being the wrong side of the ball. Better team did though win, with McNellis and McFadden a joy to watch, along with Lacey and McGlynn.

Some people have oddly strange expectations from a game, especially one played in driving rain. Each to their own I suppose.

J70

Martin McHugh has spoken about the grief he got from Keith Barry in the 92 AI Final, especially after he missed an early free. He shut him up pretty quickly, taking him on and beating him and getting a few class scores.

INDIANA

Quote from: J70 on May 17, 2015, 07:42:57 PM
Martin McHugh has spoken about the grief he got from Keith Barry in the 92 AI Final, especially after he missed an early free. He shut him up pretty quickly, taking him on and beating him and getting a few class scores.

Obviously Mark picked up more lessons from Keith then his ould lad anyway

yellowcard

I'd say Barry probably just got into his head and played with his mind, almost putting him into a hypnotic state.

Put Up That Flag

I would hope the written media go to town tomorrow on the disgrace Tyrone were today and further highlight the filthy tactics they part take in, maybe then it will highlight the behaviour further so referees become more aware of these tactics in future games,  hopefully then this will lead to the quick demise of Tyrone,  without theses dark arts Tyrone will do nothing

Main Street

Tyrone were a bit of alright once they remembered their dharma and stood up to the challenge in the 2nd quarter.
They should rue losing that game, I think they had enough in their locker to win it but got stuck somewhere in the shenanigans of the grungy 2nd half.
Donegal do Tyrone better than Tyrone can do it themselves.
That's not a complement  ;D

Rudi

Quote from: Thewildcat on May 17, 2015, 06:13:08 PM
Mark McHugh is a right little shit, he feck off to the states last year, i wonder why they brought him back on the panel all he done today was shout into players face, but i have no fear he will meet his waterloo later in the summer.

I hope some of them big Armagh men put manners on him. It was not off the ground he licked it. Some very unlikable characters on that there Donegal team hi.

J70

Quote from: INDIANA on May 17, 2015, 07:45:06 PM

Obviously Mark picked up more lessons from Keith then his ould lad anyway

Whatever the case,  the issue long predates Donegal players watching Brian Dawkins videos and deciding to finally dish out in return what they'd been getting from other teams for years.

Bingo

Quote from: ONeill on May 17, 2015, 06:18:28 PM
That was a great Ulster game. Not for the faint hearted. A throwback to the 80s. Justin did a brilliant job on Murphy. McShane caught in the headlights.

Great stuff.

;D no it wasn't.

Might be a throw back to the 80's in that when either of these teams get to Dublin for the business end of things they'll be hammered and back home very quickly.

cockahoop

Quote from: yellowcard on May 17, 2015, 07:48:14 PM

I'd say Barry probably just got into his head and played with his mind, almost putting him into a hypnotic state.

Barr!!! Not Barry