Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Put Up That Flag

Come on Donegal, do all the other counties a favour and destroy the most cynical footballing county to ever play the game,  as usual with Tyrone there will be off the ball hitting,  cynical play in abundance and general dark arts stuff on display.  Donegal to win easily as football skill will win out on the day.

orangeman

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 17, 2015, 10:09:59 AM
Come on Donegal, do all the other counties a favour and destroy the most cynical footballing county to ever play the game,  as usual with Tyrone there will be off the ball hitting,  cynical play in abundance and general dark arts stuff on display.  Donegal to win easily as football skill will win out on the day.

What a build up !. I'm looking forward to it.

BennyHarp

;D Do they not teach irony in Donegal schools?
That was never a square ball!!

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 17, 2015, 10:18:10 AM

;D Do they not teach irony in Donegal schools?

I am not from Donegal or not even near it, its a common consensus throughout the country with people who are disgusted with how Tyrone play the game in such a dirty horrible way. Come on Donegal.

omagh_gael

Will be interesting to see how we deal with big Neill Gallagher. Do we stick Colm on him to do a disrupting job and try to get McNulty as isolated as possible to win primary possesion or will McNulty have a straight up fetching match with Gallagher?

the goal was on

Rory Brennan to start on mc Hugh and joe mc Mahon and mc Shane in also. First hand source ;)

theticklemister

Go wan Donegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: the goal was on on May 17, 2015, 11:07:04 AM
Rory Brennan to start on mc Hugh and joe mc Mahon and mc Shane in also. First hand source ;)

Lets see will McShane try to take the head of anyone today with his elbow like he did in the under 21 semi final

Aaron Boone

Quote from: clarshack on May 16, 2015, 09:40:29 PM
This game is all about damage limitation for Tyrone. Donegal by 7+
Agree here. The league match was only 6 weeks ago and Donegal walloped Tyrone that day.

omagh_gael

Quote from: the goal was on on May 17, 2015, 11:07:04 AM

Who do they replace? Tierney and McCann?

tyroneman

See Brolly giving his usual shoeing to Tyrone in the Sindo today. Gives Donegal sufficient love that he can crow about them if they win Ulster or the AI.

Says Fr G McAleer was the tactical mastermind behind Tyrone 2001-5. Sure was it not supposed to be Paddy Tally  ::) .....anyone and everyone but Mickey gets credit it would seem.

beer baron

Haven't seen Tyrone at all this season that i can recollect but league form judging by the table would suggest they're regressing but is there any chance Harte has changed his methods? I'm sure relegation wasn't the plan but is he using the league more as  a prep for the Championship than he has in years gone by? there are still some top quality players in there and U-21 form will do no harm.  I'm thinking of backing Tyrone at the prices, i expected about 7/4 but 5/2 available is tempting me.

J70

A bit nervous about this. Tight match,  one mistake could swing it. Durcan slips,  Murphy gets goaded or gets over penalized for a hard tackle...
I don't forsee a collapse like used to regularly happen pre-McGuinness,  e.g. 2007 game when we went in as favourites, but this will be tight, and a tight one can go either way.

3-4 point win for us in the end (if one has to make a prediction! )

phpearse

No need to be nervous J70. Not a formality for Donegal but a good tight season opener for you but you hold all the cards. Home patch, wet day, one of the best players in Ireland (Murphy) a referee that will suit the smarter players on the Donegal side. A 3-4 point hammering for Tyrone on the cards.

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 17, 2015, 10:55:32 AM
Will be interesting to see how we deal with big Neill Gallagher. Do we stick Colm on him to do a disrupting job and try to get McNulty as isolated as possible to win primary possesion or will McNulty have a straight up fetching match with Gallagher?

Pull his balls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.