Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Have spent first night behind enemy lines. Have seen evidence of the regime here firsthand.  These guys are will drilled guerrillas,  battle hardened and bloodthirsty using strap ons for their drills in training. abort the mission. Up against too much firepower.   This place stinks.

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on May 16, 2015, 11:17:12 AM
Have spent first night behind enemy lines. Have seen evidence of the regime here firsthand.  These are will drilled guerrillas in the shape of the lines.  My advice to mickey is to abort the mission. More later..

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

ONeill

Have spent first night behind enemy lines. Have seen evidence of the regime here firsthand.  These are will drilled guerrillas in the shape of the lines.  My advice to mickey is to abort the mission. More later..

The fcukers are in cahoots with the North Koreans aren't they?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on May 16, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
What a minefield Ulster is. Beat Donegal and you're still in the quarters amongst the buckfast-soaked atmosphere in Armagh. Escape there and it's the inbreds from the Sperrins or the SDLP electorate. Get over that and you're mixing it with the knuckle draggers from Oriel. Better off getting out early and sampling Carrick on Shannon.
Ulster is the bear pit. Connacht is beer and popcorn by comparison, even with the Roscommon bus 

rrhf

This could be the last report before I go dark. Plenty of fluids in me but need some food.could be a long night.  God help me...need to get some food.  Ordered a mc curry...cover blown.  Tireoghainies abu.   

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: INDIANA on May 16, 2015, 02:24:04 PM

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly.

No need for you to worry about Mordor, not even the Dark Lord could swing a home tie if his team drew the Dubs in the championship.

I can't see any reasonable grounds for the Tyrone optimism on here but its more fun than accepting that we are most likely going to lose to Donegal again. Tyrone 1-11 Donegal 0-12.

INDIANA

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 16, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

No need for you to worry about Mordor, not even the Dark Lord could swing a home tie if his team drew the Dubs in the championship.

I can't see any reasonable grounds for the Tyrone optimism on here but its more fun than accepting that we are most likely going to lose to Donegal again. Tyrone 1-11 Donegal 0-12.

was that not 1-1 to 0-2?

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow. I'll still watch it even though it's likely to behind the couch.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on May 16, 2015, 09:19:14 PM
Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on May 16, 2015, 08:41:02 PM

was that not 1-1 to 0-2?

Best of luck to both teams tomorrow. I'll still watch it even though it's likely to behind the couch.

I would take that in a heartbeat right now Indiana.

Ulster championship on a windy wet day in May, it won't be about how but how many.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

clarshack

This game is all about damage limitation for Tyrone. Donegal by 7+

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on May 16, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
What a minefield Ulster is. Beat Donegal and you're still in the quarters amongst the buckfast-soaked atmosphere in Armagh. Escape there and it's the inbreds from the Sperrins or the SDLP electorate. Get over that and you're mixing it with the knuckle draggers from Oriel. Better off getting out early and sampling Carrick on Shannon.

I never thought it would happen, but the day has come when some Tyronies have turned to cowardice rather than face up to the manly challenges of Ulster Championship and  would rather mingle with wife beaters in the midlands.  If the team of '86 were dead, they would be turning in their graves.

qz

Quote from: JoG2 on May 15, 2015, 08:56:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2015, 06:51:19 PM
Donegal team:

Durcan
McGrath
McGee
McGee
McHugh
Lacey
McGlynn
Gallagher
McElhinney
O'Reilly
MacNiallais
Toye
McBrearty
Murphy
H. McFadden

Oreilly, the Kilcar man? Big game for him. Is it Mark McHugh in the back unit?

Question for the Tyrone men. When the golden generation  won the u21s at the start of the 00s, how many had senior championship football under their belts ?

In 2001 Ulster final Tyrone beat Cavan with 6 u-21s from that year's all Ireland winning team playing a part in key positions too. Kevin Hughes & mcAnallen were midfield, with mcGee in defence, and up front SON at CHF , & Mulligan. mcGuigan came on as sub. No U21's make this year's team so far.

rrhf

CD

Quote from: rrhf on May 17, 2015, 06:15:56 AM
We might get wiped today
That was the first thought that went through my head this morning. It's the word 'might' that sustains a glimmer of hope😉
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

rrhf

The one thing I have take from talking to serious donegal football men is that this could be the best ever donegal team and has been meticulously prepared for today. They see an all Ireland and genuinely believe Tyrone haven't a prayer.  I don't detect arrogance just absolute belief in their own ability. If harte pulls this off it will be up there with some of his biggest achievements. Safe travel all..cmon Tyrone.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: rrhf on May 17, 2015, 08:58:37 AM
The one thing I have got talking to serious donegal football men is that this is the best donegal team ever which has been meticulously prepared for today. They see an all Ireland and genuinely believe Tyrone haven't a prayer. I don't detect arrogance just absolute belief in their own ability.

There is a fine line between the two, but I agree, this is the best Donegal team, 1-26, that I have ever seen.

All we have to do now is make it count on the pitch.

I am as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof...........
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.