Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

LeoMc

Quote from: Walter White on May 14, 2015, 10:21:43 PM
The days of dummy teams appear to be over with these new rules taking affect for this weekend.

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/3/1405151343-new-rules-for-team-lists-and-match-day-panels/
You only have to name your 26. Any of the subs could start.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on May 14, 2015, 09:58:22 PM
Why?

Think we're a bit light in half forwards, could see McShane starting ahead of Tierney or McCann.

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 12, 2015, 11:36:00 PM
Cant believe how many of ye are rising to the shit stirring, obviously very worried Dub.
You will notice most other Dubs are keeping their head down and powder dry as they know that this is the only brand of football that will stop them winning Sam again this year.
Anyone that bothers to reply to the eejit are just feeding his fun. Sure he's never once admitted to any of the biting incidents FFS.

Anyway, interesting listening to Paddy Heaney here saying people forget how big strong and physical Donegal are and how they were miles ahead of Tyrone in the league with even the way they make runs at angles to receive passes.
http://teamtalkmag.com/category/media/interviews/

I'd say a lot of blanket defence haters will be tuning in as it is the only championship where the result is not a forgone conclusion and you will see a proper championship match with nobody giving an inch or rolling over

I can't speak for anyone else but the only I'm afraid of is watching seventy minutes of this sh*te.

God help us all if this is what constitutes a 'proper championship' game.

Tyrone Gaa

Maybe being optimistic despite our league relagation.  Tyrone put it upto Cork, Kerry and Dublin in the League and hammered Mayo.  We have a competitive side and if we can get a result on Sunday we will push on and win Ulster.  I think the winners of Sunday will win Ulster.  The bookies have already written us off at 9/1 to win ulster.

I dont believe the team named by Micky last night will start.  I would love to see Cathal McShane threw in and I can see Joe McMahon starting in the side.
Living the dream!!!

JoG2

Quote from: heffo on May 15, 2015, 09:42:05 AM
Cant believe how many of ye are rising to the shit stirring, obviously very worried Dub.
You will notice most other Dubs are keeping their head down and powder dry as they know that this is the only brand of football that will stop them winning Sam again this year.
Anyone that bothers to reply to the eejit are just feeding his fun. Sure he's never once admitted to any of the biting incidents FFS.

Anyway, interesting listening to Paddy Heaney here saying people forget how big strong and physical Donegal are and how they were miles ahead of Tyrone in the league with even the way they make runs at angles to receive passes.

I'd say a lot of blanket defence haters will be tuning in as it is the only championship where the result is not a forgone conclusion and you will see a proper championship match with nobody giving an inch or rolling over

I can't speak for anyone else but the only I'm afraid of is watching seventy minutes of this sh*te.

doesn't get the juices flowing like the upcoming louth v westmeath or offlay v longford leinster clashes, but it should be an absorbing encounter all the same

Under Lights

Quote20 – Peter Hughes  – Eiscreach – Appearances 17 (0)

How long has Peter been part of the panel now? Think he's 27.

No championship appearances and with the new batch coming off the production line its hard to see him getting any.

nrico2006

Quote from: Under Lights on May 15, 2015, 10:19:44 AM
Quote20 – Peter Hughes  – Eiscreach – Appearances 17 (0)

How long has Peter been part of the panel now? Think he's 27.

No championship appearances and with the new batch coming off the production line its hard to see him getting any.

Has he not been only about for 2 or 3 seasons? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 15, 2015, 09:48:26 AM
Maybe being optimistic despite our league relagation.  Tyrone put it upto Cork, Kerry and Dublin in the League and hammered Mayo.  We have a competitive side and if we can get a result on Sunday we will push on and win Ulster.  I think the winners of Sunday will win Ulster.  The bookies have already written us off at 9/1 to win ulster.

I dont believe the team named by Micky last night will start.  I would love to see Cathal McShane threw in and I can see Joe McMahon starting in the side.

A bit of me is thinking the same.  Bar the Monaghan and Donegal games, Tyrone were pretty good in the league and very tight at the back in general.  In saying that, Harte hasn't changed and will fall into the same trap as he has before with Donegal.  Looking at that Tyrone team doesn't exactly fill you with confidence, 2 defenders named in the HF line and a small/light full forward line.  Mickey just doesn't seem to be able to bring the best out in our young talent, no coincidence that the stars of the 04/08/10 minor teams have never got going for the senior team.  We are just after winning an All Ireland u-21 title yet there isn't one of that team in this 15, says it all really.  I am looking forward to next year already and a fresh start for the county.  I am not a betting man but I would near put my house on Tyrone not scoring a goal this weekend, been the same for a few years now with it seemingly being that the players are under instruction to never try and beat their man but instead recycle, recycle and recycle. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BluestackBoy

Nobody forcing you to watch it. I take it you will be waiting for the free flowing delights of the Leinster, Munster & Connacht championships instead.

Just as a matter of interest, how do you know it will be "sh*te" as you so eloquently put it?  Do you have the lotto numbers as well? Or are you, as I suspect, just another spoofer who doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground?
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2015, 10:29:36 AM

A bit of me is thinking the same.  Bar the Monaghan and Donegal games, Tyrone were pretty good in the league and very tight at the back in general.  In saying that, Harte hasn't changed and will fall into the same trap as he has before with Donegal.  Looking at that Tyrone team doesn't exactly fill you with confidence, 2 defenders named in the HF line and a small/light full forward line.  Mickey just doesn't seem to be able to bring the best out in our young talent, no coincidence that the stars of the 04/08/10 minor teams have never got going for the senior team.  We are just after winning an All Ireland u-21 title yet there isn't one of that team in this 15, says it all really.  I am looking forward to next year already and a fresh start for the county.  I am not a betting man but I would near put my house on Tyrone not scoring a goal this weekend, been the same for a few years now with it seemingly being that the players are under instruction to never try and beat their man but instead recycle, recycle and recycle.

Not many will score goals v Donegal in the championship so doesn't overly concern me if we don't. I'm not sure how you could describe either McAliskey or Cavanagh as small or light in the full forward line. In fairness McCurry is small though has bulked up.

In terms of the half forwards we have named 2 half backs but Peter Harte is named at half back and equally likely to be in the half forward line. I would like to have seen more u21s involved but given they were fully committed to it until 2 weeks ago not to suprised they're not on. Suspect more involvement as year goes on.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Another Jackeen troll!  :(

Do yourself a fecking favour and go out and get blocked so, unless you'd rather enthuse over other fare that's on offer.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DuffleKing

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 15, 2015, 10:50:34 AM

Another Jackeen troll!  :(

Do yourself a fecking favour and go out and get blocked so, unless you'd rather enthuse over other fare that's on offer.

He'll be glued to the proper football game between Louth and Westmeath, which will end up 3-21 to 4-19 and miss the point that both teams are incapable of completing many of the fundamental skills of the game under pressure

Fuzzman

Lads lads behave yourselves with the poor deprived Dubs.
They have to wait half the summer for an exciting match where the result isn't decided after 20 mins.
They stay in the pub til throw in time, pay in and sing a few soccer songs, match over after 20 mins, then go back to the pub to be told by Brolly and Co. how amazing they are.
They're not allowed out of the city for the safety of the rest of us so when Aug bank holiday comes around they can then get excited for a month.
They've no interest in Ulster rugby league

trileacman

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2015, 10:29:36 AM

A bit of me is thinking the same.  Bar the Monaghan and Donegal games, Tyrone were pretty good in the league and very tight at the back in general.  In saying that, Harte hasn't changed and will fall into the same trap as he has before with Donegal.  Looking at that Tyrone team doesn't exactly fill you with confidence, 2 defenders named in the HF line and a small/light full forward line.  Mickey just doesn't seem to be able to bring the best out in our young talent, no coincidence that the stars of the 04/08/10 minor teams have never got going for the senior team. We are just after winning an All Ireland u-21 title yet there isn't one of that team in this 15, says it all really.  I am looking forward to next year already and a fresh start for the county.  I am not a betting man but I would near put my house on Tyrone not scoring a goal this weekend, been the same for a few years now with it seemingly being that the players are under instruction to never try and beat their man but instead recycle, recycle and recycle.

To be fair a succession of mangers got f**k all out of those teams at U-21 and how many have set the world alight at Sigerson level or similar?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014