Donegal v Tyrone Sun 17 May

Started by tyroneman, April 18, 2015, 07:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 04, 2015, 11:37:59 PM
Quote from: Gonzalo15 on April 18, 2015, 12:09:35 PM
Hard to look past Donegal, Tyrone are carrying too many substandard players imo

Long may that continue,  they have an abundance of substandard players coming through as well judging by the under 21 championship,  excellent at the dark arts and cynical stuff though but then again thats normal when you play for that county. Donegal to win pulling up hopefully.

Oh what an embittered individual you are, mind those spiders tonight, for they'll be emblazoned with a mighty red hand, right on the pincers that they'll use to bite you! :) :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

naka

fancy both teams to have a long summer
Donegal to win in the championship and Mickey if he can integrate the U21s to get to the quarters/semis via the back door

might see a change in the red hands next year with the the u21 management stepping up

nrico2006

Quote from: naka on May 05, 2015, 04:19:25 PM
Donegal to win in the championship and Mickey if he can integrate the U21s to get to the quarters/semis via the back door

might see a change in the red hands next year with the the u21 management stepping up

Ideally I would love that u-21 team to stay another year as next years crop should be pushing for honours too.  In saying tha, I would be delighted to see them take over.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Could they not do both? Tipperary's U21 manager is the stats man on the Senior team, while his backroom team are the same as the Senior management, with Peter Creedon acting in an advisory role. They are currently recruiting a PR guy :)

yellowcard

This game has the potential to have Brolly, Spillane et al up in arms, it will be a turgid affair. Tyrone are totally spooked by Donegal at this stage and seem to get stage fright every time they come up against them and I feel that another narrow defeat is on the cards. Donegal 0-7 v Tyrone 0-6.

J70

I haven't been following Tyrone events too closely, but I have noted some talk about panel defections and so on.

So what kind of team do you boys forsee Mickey putting out? 

I'd imagine Donegal's should be predictable enough, at least for 12 or 13 spots, injuries permitting (presumably Durcan will be fit again), with question marks over the likes of Mark McHugh Anthony Thompson and Colm McFadden starting.

rrhf

I tend to agree.  The same team needs to be with the under 21st next year as there's a rematch v tipp sometime down the road perhaps...

Wildweasel74

To be honest i cant see anything else than a Donegal win, one thing that will be expected, the game be horrible to watch

Bensars

I would have expected qtr finals anyway, even with defections.
As with most years you could about pick 6 out of the 8. As for the other 2 it's probably 2 from 4.

A good run through the back door with a few games to get a settled side and introducing a few of the newer players would be progress.

IMO, what is essential is the development of a faster attack, from keeper out.Over the last 4-5 years, build up has been very slow and laboured. By the time the ball hits the full forward line ( if indeed it does) space is at a premium and the  first shooting position is usually wide and acute.  By the time it's recycled out, across, and back across again the shooting zone is completely packed.

In fact the template from the u21s is much more fluid, and suits smaller quick accurate forwards.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 05, 2015, 06:42:06 PM
To be honest i cant see anything else than a Donegal win, one thing that will be expected, the game be horrible to watch

I'm not so sure about that.

I was Jim McGuinness's biggest fan but even I would have to concede that he always had difficulty against teams who set up the same way he did. Last year's QF against Armagh & the final against Kerry being cases in point.

Gallagher is a different animal, & while he is no Jim Gavin he has loosened the shackles a fair bit & I fully expect to see Donegal take the game to Tyrone from the off.

Time will tell....
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Main Street

I am seriously disturbed that Tyronies have been so emasculated,  no longer strutting their stuff with the brazen arrogance of the ignorant.
They should take solace in and remember the word of God, Mickey is for life.

Fuzzman

Feeling the pressure there Main Street as now favourites in Ulster?
Donegal will be exhausted by the time they play ye as ye have become the Dubs of Ulster with easy games and playing in yer own back yard in the final. ;D

I think ye showed this year in the league final that ye are no longer scared of the Dubs and ye trust in yer manager and system.

Tyrone_redhand

It's annoying the way tyrone get tarred with the same brush when it comes to Donegal's defence. I've been watching Tyrone for years and there is no way we are as negative. 

omaghjoe

Quote from: Main Street on May 06, 2015, 01:02:56 AM
I am seriously disturbed that Tyronies have been so emasculated,  no longer strutting their stuff with the brazen arrogance of the ignorant.
They should take solace in and remember the word of God, Mickey is for life.

Speaking of things that watch over us on our journey......Do yous buy new Tyrone bunting every year or keep it in a safe place in attic?

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Bensars on May 05, 2015, 07:41:30 PM
In fact the template from the u21s is much more fluid, and suits smaller quick accurate forwards.

What template is that now? Hitting off the ball? Kneeing opponents in the head or yere good old fashioned taking opponents out of it with elbows to the jaw? All are effective for ye as that is how ye won the under 21 after all.