Sligo v. New York Official Thread

Started by magpie seanie, April 23, 2007, 10:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 09, 2007, 03:05:14 PM
Think the New York team was named last night. Anyone hear anything?

Jaysus, they've handed Sligo the psychological edge there. Should have waited till throw-in.

paddypastit

Met one of the team in Dublin this afternoon.  They were up training in Thomas Davis in Dublin last weekend - apparently they have an Astro pitch.  There is a training session pencilled in for Monday morning.  Going on the last two times there was a Sligo team in NY, that should be interesting
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Carmen Stateside

Just came across this on Hoganstand!

QuoteNew Playing Surface And NY Teams
Just saw the new playing surface on Gaelic Park and looks great. What nobody knows yet is that during the hot summer days in the middle of the day when the heat is blaring at or around between 90 and 95 degrees it will be at a scorching 120 degrees at least on that new synthetic playing surface. I bet the people werent told about that when it was being installed. It will be unbearable to walk on during the summer let alone having to run and play on it. Why dont you think that there are no summer sports in college that play on it and dont tell me that during the summmer school is out thats a joke lol. Manhattan College didnt care about it cause there sports are played during the fall and spring on it. Also one other thing in closing the GAA spent the same amount of money on the field as Manhattan College did but all I saw on that field directly smack on midfield was the Manhattan College Jaspers logo and no GAA logo was is up with that being done and I dont want to hear that the GAA logo will be put on later if the field came with marks on it then the GAA should have been put into the field surface right next to that Jaspers logo or the Manhattan Logo should have been alot smaller spent $1.5 million and no logo that is a joke.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 30, 2007, 06:22:44 PM
Quote from: Kevin on April 30, 2007, 05:29:58 PM
The first half was a riot to watch though. Sligo kept the kickouts straight down the middle of the field only to have the big Kerryman field the majority of them cleanly and send them back in towards the goals.
Thats the Big Bird O Conner hes worth the admission fee alone ;D Hope to see him there the year again ;D

The Big Bird is ready to fly!!! ;D Hes starting middle of the field on Sunday!!! He has the hair at shoulder length for it and all ;D

Carmen Stateside

Sligo better be ready for the reception they will meet :P
This is what met Roscommon last year :D

paddypastit

Carmen,  Sligo got plenty of the same, and more of the sly stuff out under the railway tracks the last time.  Think teeth marks, snots and knobbly elbows - a pair of northern kin being the worst offenders, particularly the defender from the two.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Carmen Stateside

Bigger pitch now so the Sligo boys should be able to stay at arms length :P

oakleaf stateside

heard the ny team the day they will not be far away.Big seamy oneill said last year he was never as sore after a game in all his life due 2 the northen lads :D :D :D
Dont Do It

SLIGONIAN

Where do yee get the pics from. Fair play. I was over last time and met forde in elevator after the game. He said punching off ball, stamping on hands, spitting,etcc all happened. :o so I doubt we wont be ready. Some of the Sligo lads could do with hardening up and if we win this game will help alot for ros game.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

fearglasmor

"The big news is the new synthetic surface at Gaelic Park. It will the first Championship match to be played on an artificial surface.

However, any advantage this may have had for the Exiles is annulled by the fact that the Yeatsmen have been training on Sligo Rovers' all-weather pitch."

This is a disgrace, no county should be allowed use facilities provided by the SeanĂ­n foreign games association. Where are Sligo's principles.

Magpie Seanie  ?????????   ;)

SLIGONIAN

Principles go out the window when you want to give your county team more of a chance of winning. And rightly so. I was one of those people who was still stuck in the dark ages but Ive grown up. I suggest you do the same. Sligo sport working together, sligeach abu.
And anyway what a sad principle to have. My GAA club train there every friday during the winter.
Its all good. ::)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Kevin

Flirtyflan

Sunday May 13, at Gaelic Park: New York v Sligo

at 3:00 pm.

Admissions: Adults: $25. Senior citizens: $15

Starting team: C. Greene; A. Glackin; D. Riney; A. Foley; M. Mitchell; J. Mitchell; A. Power; K. O'Connor, S. Russell; S. Mullaney; R. Moran; V. Gavin; R. Garvey; K. Lilly; M. Dobbin. Subs: S. Clifford; D. Doona; J. Fitzpatrick; D. Gallagher; C. Hunter; N. Mcguire; J. O'Halloran; D. Reilly; C. Skeffington.

IMO thats a less than mobile midfield unit for NY!!! :-[

paddypastit

Fearglasmor - Seanie didn't notice - he was too busy celebrating Manchester United reserves draw with the ex Portugese Premiership champoins earler this week.

Sligonian, you're doing well but you've a bit to go yet.

Carmen Stateside

I would say Seanies in New York ;) As for the New York team cant see Lilly starting!! Think he is there in case D Doona doesnt make it! New York are going to be strong round the middle with Moran and the Mitchell brothers the pick of the team !! Sligo expect a bombardment of high balls to your full back line if Lilly does play hes a big man and has good hands! as for the $25 you for real :o   someone should pass this on to the sligo players as players usually have to pay to play in New York !!!!!