All Ireland Minor Championship 2015

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: blanketattack on August 23, 2015, 07:02:13 PM
Great achievement by Kerry to win by 5 points mising their best player and with 0 players from last year's All-Ireland winning team.
Going for two in a row after ending a 20 year wait. Jack O Connor up there with the best ever managers and the Kerry U-21s under O Connor next year will likely be the team to beat.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2015, 02:52:15 PM
Derry were gifted a goal and three points in each half was never going to be enough. Well done to Derry for getting that far however would have to question the overall quality of Ulster minor this year.

Kerry as expected a well organised team under Jack O Connor it's going to take a serious effort from Tipp or Kildare to beat the defending champions. Foley,Geaney serious footballers.

I think that's harsh. Our lads have played well all year but today's performance was nervy and not reflective of our true level. These things happen at that age I just hope enough of them learn from it (and Glass is back after a year!).

Captain Obvious

Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2015, 08:18:32 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 23, 2015, 02:52:15 PM
Derry were gifted a goal and three points in each half was never going to be enough. Well done to Derry for getting that far however would have to question the overall quality of Ulster minor this year.

Kerry as expected a well organised team under Jack O Connor it's going to take a serious effort from Tipp or Kildare to beat the defending champions. Foley,Geaney serious footballers.

I think that's harsh. Our lads have played well all year but today's performance was nervy and not reflective of our true level. These things happen at that age I just hope enough of them learn from it (and Glass is back after a year!).

More than just today, Derry only beat Longford by two points in the quarter final and that Longford side were well beaten in the Leinster final. Munster seems the strongest province this year Ulster not the same quality of previous years.

AZOffaly

Kerry seem to have a production line of those corner forwards. I've seen a few others at development squad level who look exactly the same too. Lovely kickers, real languid style.

ck

Derry were a massive disappointment yesterday, either they are a poor enough side or they just under performed?. I was looking forward to seeing this Glass lad but he was very quiet and to be honest Derry had no players of note. They were never in the game and apart from a fluke goal they really struggled to score.
Kerry are decent but wouldn't be a patch on last years team that won the AI.

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Quote from: ck on August 24, 2015, 09:42:00 AM
Derry were a massive disappointment yesterday, either they are a poor enough side or they just under performed?. I was looking forward to seeing this Glass lad but he was very quiet and to be honest Derry had no players of note. They were never in the game and apart from a fluke goal they really struggled to score.
Kerry are decent but wouldn't be a patch on last years team that won the AI.

Bit of both probably, but Kerry much the better team. Derry actually had more talented minor teams over the past few years who didn't come anywhere their potential. This team probably overachieved. Certainly Conor wasn't at his best yesterday but I still thought he put in a decent shift, but Derry needed him at his very best to have a chance. Derry corner back Keenan (no 2) had a great game I thought.

tippabu

what sort of allocation for sunday did kildare get? we only got 400 hundred tickets.

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare minor team:

1 Declan Campbell - Raheens
2 Ronan Slattery - Eadestown
3 Mike Joyce - Round Towers
4 Darren Lawlor - Rheban
5 Sean Healy - Moorefield
6 Shea Ryan - Sarsfields
7 Gavin Burke - Two Mile House
8 Daniel Courtney - Kilcock
9 Rory Feely - Athy
10 Conor Hartley - Sarsfields
11 Ethan O'Donohue - Clane
12 Brian McLoughlin - Clane
13 Ciaran Kelly - Clane
14 Matthew Kelly - Round Towers
15 Jimmy Hyland - Aylmer Gaels

Tipp minor team:

1 Charlie Manton - Fethard
2 Tadhg Fitzgerald - Moyle Rovers
3 Jack Skehan - Holycross Ballycahill
4 Tommy Lowry - Arravale Rovers
5 Danny Owens - Moyle Rovers
6 Liam Fahy - Rockwell Rovers
7 Emmett Moloney - Drom & Inch
8 Jack Kennedy - Clonmel Commercials
9 Tommy Nolan - Drom & Inch
10 Aidan Buckley - St. Patricks
11 Alan Tynan - Inane Rovers
12 Colin English - Fr. Sheehys
13 Ross Peters - Clonmel Commercials
14 Brian McGrath - Loughmore Castleiney
15 Brendan Martin - Kilsheelan Kilcash
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Darby

Zulu

Ref is very whistle happy here and is allowing little or no contact in the tackle. If he put it into his pocket we could have a great game here.

Syferus

Zulu

Kildare hanging on here. I expected them to be the stronger team as Leinster champions but they're playing second fiddle at the moment.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Zulu

Decent game but Tipperary should really be home and hosed at this stage. Kildare look poorly coached though I'm sure that's not the case but their skill execution is poor and they don't seem to have a clear idea of whether are trying to do. Less said about the ref the better.