Over reaction

Started by samwin08, April 01, 2015, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samwin08

Over reaction? I think so

Over the past weekend 16 Senior Gaelic Inter County   Football matches were played,
About 6% of these matches have received over 90% of the comment in GAA sport pages this week, over reaction?

I suspect very few of those forecasting the death of Gaelic football paid in to see the matches (press passes etc),
Lest we forget: This isn't the  1st time the Dublin supporters have been booing. I have been to several matches in Croke Park and witnessed whistling and booing over many years,  as  per example .
Mickey Whelan quit just minutes after a section of Dublin fans  booed and shouted: "Out! Out! Out!" after his side were beaten by three points.
The perceived problems with Gaelic Football could be solved quite easily with a few simple tweaks to the rules, but that is for another day.

P.S. Joe Brolly comments to Mickey Harte are despicable.

AZOffaly

Could you not have put this in the other thread?

heffo

Quote from: samwin08 on April 01, 2015, 03:38:40 PM

This isn't the  1st time the Dublin supporters have been booing. I have been to several matches in Croke Park and witnessed whistling and booing over many years,  as  per example .
Mickey Whelan quit just minutes after a section of Dublin fans  booed and shouted: "Out! Out! Out!" after his side were beaten by three points.

Mickey Whelan quit after a match in Parnell park.

GalwayBayBoy

Overreaction is starting a new thread when there's already a 19 page one on the same subject.

Bingo

Quote from: heffo on April 01, 2015, 03:43:44 PM
Quote from: samwin08 on April 01, 2015, 03:38:40 PM

This isn't the  1st time the Dublin supporters have been booing. I have been to several matches in Croke Park and witnessed whistling and booing over many years,  as  per example .

Mickey Whelan quit after a match in Parnell park.

Did he say he didn't?  :)

blanketattack

There's booing at Dublin games every time an opponent takes a free kick attempt at the posts.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: blanketattack on April 01, 2015, 04:34:24 PM
There's booing at Dublin games every time an opponent takes a free kick attempt at the posts.
and huge culchie cheers when a dub misses a free or makes a mistake! This thread is an excuse to try and start a bit of dub bashing! Being it on biatches!!!!

BennyCake

Dub-bashing? Bring it on, indeed.

I've known fans to boo a late free but Dubs do it all the time. Kickouts too and when players down injured. Scumbags.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: BennyCake on April 01, 2015, 05:24:38 PM

I've known fans to boo a late free but Dubs do it all the time. Kickouts too and when players down injured. Scumbags.
birds of feather! How well do u know them? What county are ye from?

armaghniac

There is no doubt that this Dubs boo more than most, only a deaf person could argue otherwise. This isn't connected to other issues.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: Johnnybegood on April 01, 2015, 05:32:52 PM

birds of feather! How well do u know them? What county are ye from?

What does it matter where I'm from?

You don't need to know them. Attend a Dublin match and you'll see and hear all you need to.

Johnnybegood

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2015, 05:57:30 PM
There is no doubt that this Dubs boo more than most, only a deaf person could argue otherwise. This isn't connected to other issues.
probably do, jeering and slagging is part of Dublin culture! If a player gets put off by boos he shouldn't really be on the pitch never mind taking the frees.
Moans about the dubs!
Population advantage! Similar senior playing population to cork and Kildare
Croke park- as much as a disadvantage as an advantage!
Fitness- get the finger out and train harder!
Singing and chanting- o no can't do that , wouldn't want to be like evil soccer
Arriving late- better late than never we pay for your clubhouse
Dirty dubs- all fouls and injuries occurred when tackled by a dub where intentionally dirty, all simalar by a culchie to a dub are 'hardly intentional '
Money- get up to Dublin and get a job! It ain't just the sun that gives yiz ur red necks!
Taxes- we pay them for you
Roads- they all lead to Dublin
Women- they ain't half bad down the sticks😜
Talent- Dublin gym monkeys and not natural foot bull ers
Any new ones?

heffo

Rich coming from you and yours.

Teo Lurley

Would the over reaction have occured if it wasn't Dublin involved?

Thewildcat

bullshit have been at many a game and Dublin were not playing and booing and roaring was going on while a player took a free.