Nationalist community in North producing excellent soccer managers.

Started by T Fearon, March 30, 2015, 06:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Lol! Probably inappropriate as its freedom has been ceded to Germany

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on November 23, 2014, 03:33:59 PM
Rodgers out of his depth since day one.No challenge from anyone last year except City and with Suarez in excellent form ,they couldn't even see the title bid through.

A championship manager at best.If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be delighted to have Benitez back.Look at the difference he made during his short spell at Chelsea

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2014, 04:31:55 PM
No doubt Lennon has observed mediocrities like Rodgers, failing at Reading then walking into the Liverpool job ( a sideways move if ever there was one) and despite winning nothing being lauded as some sort of super manager, while he himself, against all the odds, led a team out of the group stages of the Champions League, got no credit whatsoever, and inevitably wondered what it would be like to manage in the English Premiership, retain all your star players, without  having to worry about being attacked for your faith or nationality, either in the street or on the sideline.

Quote from: T Fearon on April 20, 2014, 10:27:26 PM
Lennon against all odds and with severe financial handicaps taking Celtic to last 16 in last year's Champions League (beating Barca in the process) or Rodgers (assuming Liverpool dont implode in the last game a la 1989) winning a decidedly mediocre English premiership?

Main Street

Who knows why nationalist nordies are on occasion producing good football managers. Maybe nordies are more into British ways, maybe  they feel inferior and feel they have to prove themselves more,  just to compensate for their low self esteem,  much more say  than the self confident independent southerner, and that nordie ambition to prove themselves results in the odd good football manager.
Who knows why nordies have such low self esteem in the first place. Should that not be the real question?

T Fearon

Have you heard and seen our leading politicians? Low self esteem? I don't think so.