WestMeath v Roscommon

Started by Shrewdness, March 30, 2015, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Allegedly there was a lot of porther consumed that July.
There was a round of Club Championship games the Sunday after the Connacht final. It is said that one prominent player forgot about it and didn't turn up. :o 8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Fergal Kelly of Longford is our referee for this game. He also reffed the Kildare v Ros game, when some of our players were victims of off the ball abuse and damn all done about it. One Kildare  player in particular, must have commited 6 or 7 bookable fouls, yet was still allowed to stay on. Let's hope for a better performance on Sunday.

giveballaghback

Moysider I agree with a lot of what you have to say there about the ros v galway situation, we were surrounded by them last sunday but there was not a word out of them untill they were sure they were going to win, they think after that win they are going to win the u21 on saturday as well, its very important we tank them saturday, at least ye lads are in our face and we can have a crack and a slay with ye, them boys are above all that, they think.

larryin89

Quote from: ross4life on April 01, 2015, 01:00:01 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 31, 2015, 11:49:25 PM
How will ye be relegated next year gibbs? IF ye don't get promoted this year. FWIW I think Ros will get promotion on Sunday.
Farra no ye with gibbs he's a certain Kilmovee individual that plays the same nonsense on stolensheep with numerous usernames. Thankfully the ignore feature is in place on both sites for his kind of trolling.

This is getting ridiculous now and quite frankly a bit frightening . If you have an issue with me meet me and discuss it with me . I have one fu caking account in here and that's it. You horrible  p ri ck.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tubberman

Best of luck this weekend Rossies - would be great for Connacht football (not necessarily Mayo though!) if ye made it into Division 1.
Would be some craic next year, the slagging and rising can be hot enough as it is :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

giveballaghback

Back to the match please boys and girls, looking at our six league matches so far we have started slowly in 4 of them giving away a lead in those games, I dont know the reason for this and I am sure management would have addressed this but again last sunday playing with a strong wind getting stronger galway got the first 2 points and owned the ball for the first ten minutes, its handy cap football at its worst and really is a worry, yes someone has to start well but if a team is up for the game surely they should not be giving away the initiative, they let galway away last Sunday and let them get up and running which gave a very fragile team confidence wise after 3 bad defeats the start and energy they so badly needed. A good start for Roscommon last sunday would have won that game and management should have known that. We started like a team coming off defeats and our handling and general play was of div 4 standard for the first 20 minutes, errors cost us at least 3 glorious goal chances and no team can afford to miss those. How we handle next sunday is another question, this is as near to championship football as we will get next sunday and it will tell us a lot about where we are just now and the strength of our panel for the forthcoming connacht championship, all that said there is a distinct possibility that Mr.Kelly (the ref) will decide the game, a more baffling and incompetent display of refin in our game in Newbridge I have never seen, both sets of supporters were pulling their hair out, and how important will that penelty that wasent at the end be on Sunday at 5 o clock when the calculators are out.     

Rossfan

Good post Ballagh.
I wonder how much do our management want promotion , if at all?
Certainly last Sunday's flatness and management decisions would suggest " mission accomplished " and let's start looking to the Championship.
Similar stuff Sunday and we'll be losing esp with Murtagh and Smithy in action for the U21s Saturday.

mjg

Quote from: Tubberman on April 03, 2015, 09:24:06 AM
Best of luck this weekend Rossies - would be great for Connacht football (not necessarily Mayo though!) if ye made it into Division 1.
Would be some craic next year, the slagging and rising can be hot enough as it is :)
Cheers tubberman we long for the day when we are competive with ye again like a league game in front of 10000 in ballina when durks scored the winning point.After calling him a traitirous bastard we didnt speak to him for three months

Crete Boom

Good luck to all the Rossenaros on Sunday and I hope to see you (and beat you ;)) in division 1 next year!!

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2015, 11:23:01 AM
Good post Ballagh.
Certainly last Sunday's flatness and management decisions would suggest " mission accomplished " and let's start looking to the Championship.
Similar stuff Sunday and we'll be losing esp with Murtagh and Smithy in action for the U21s Saturday.

Stick the other Smithy and Murtagh in so.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2015, 12:08:31 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 03, 2015, 11:23:01 AM
Good post Ballagh.

Stick the other Smithy and Murtagh in so.

I'm not the manager Syfín  ;)

Shrewdness

If it's a case that the Roscommon management don't want promotion, then they are holding us back..The supporters that paid hard earned money to go to Hyde Park last Sunday and Mullingar next Sunday, are doing so on the assumption that the Roscommon team and management are busting a gut to win these games. It didn't look that way for much of last Sunday's game.. If the Monaghan management adopted an attitude of not wanting promotion 12 months ago, they wouldn't be where they are today.. When John Evans took the Roscommon job, he stated that his principal aim was to restore Roscommon to football's top tier, which is where he felt they belonged.. This is a huge chance to take a major step in that direction, and if we fail because of some reluctance or indifference to promotion on behalf of management, then questions need to be asked..Our players are good enough to deserve the chance to play in Division 1. For the sake of all Rossies, i hope the same can be said of our management.

Syferus

I don't buy the not wanting promotion shite. Evans had a gimme game last week and let lads who weren't getting much game-time a run. In the end that keeps the panel happy and fosters competition. He named a strong starting 15 (Higgins excepted) but the subs seemed pre-planned bar Caff who was forced into action because of a black card to Murray.

We won't miss out on promotion for lack of effort on Sunday.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2015, 03:45:50 PM
I don't buy the not wanting promotion shite. Evans had a gimme game last week and let lads who weren't getting much game-time a run. In the end that keeps the panel happy and fosters competition. He named a strong starting 15 (Higgins excepted) but the subs seemed pre-planned bar Caff who was forced into action because of a black card to Murray.

We won't miss out on promotion for lack of effort on Sunday.

How was last week a gimme!? Ye lost and could miss out on promotion.

If ye won last week, this week would be much more a gimme because you'd have pretty much guaranteed promotion, no?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

The u21 could be interesting. Galway have won a few matches they weren't expected to at this grade in recent years. How to keep the good vibe going into the senior championship is the challenge regardless of the u21 result. Ros need a solid run this year.