ballinaman

joemamas

Quote from: ballinaman on April 02, 2015, 09:09:51 PM
Keeper merry go round continues...

How far away are s o se, C O Connor and  E Regan from full fitness

Farrandeelin

Is that the only change? Somebody needs to nail down the No 1 spot.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Does it make any sense at this stage, I don't think it does , it's a bit farcical.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

Quote from: joemamas on April 02, 2015, 09:13:53 PM

Haven't a clue to be honest. I read O'Connor had a tendon issue under his knee..... tendon's can be temperamental enough so it's hard to give an exact time frame.
Regan is 9 weeks post fracture this Sunday. 6 weeks +- 2 for a collar bone usually. I'd say he's about 2-4 weeks away now from full contact would be my guess.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on April 02, 2015, 09:23:43 PM

Haven't a clue to be honest. I read O'Connor had a tendon issue under his knee..... tendon's can be temperamental enough so it's hard to give an exact time frame.
Regan is 9 weeks post fracture this Sunday. 6 weeks +- 2 for a collar bone usually. I'd say he's about 2-4 weeks away now from full contact would be my guess.

Regan was supposed to be back full contact this week.

The keeper situation reminds me of Shilton and Clemence back in the day. Joe Corrigan and Phil Parkes got an odd cap too - but all ye young lads wouldn t remember that! Look just give the jersey to Clarkie and get on with it. The other lads will have their time.
I ve a feeling management are stalling. Clarke is the obvious choice imo.

twohands!!!

1   Michael Boyle
2   Eamonn Doherty
3   Neil McGee
4   Eamonn McGee
5   Paddy McGrath
6   Karl Lacey
7   Frank McGlynn
8   Martin McElhinney
9   Christy Toye
10   Martin O'Reilly
11   Odhrán Mac Niallais
12   Ryan McHugh
13   Patrick McBrearty
14   Hugh McFadden
15   Colm McFadden

16   Mark McGinley
17   Anthony Thompson
18   Ciaran McGinley
19   Mark McHugh
20   Joe Gibbons
21   Daniel McLaughlin
22   Gary McFadden
23   Stephen Griffen
24   David Walsh
25   Eoin McHugh
26   Darragh O'Connor

No Micheal Murphy (suspended) Durcan and Gallagher also missing.

Don't know what Donegal are playing at naming Ryan McHugh and Hugh McFadden among the starting 15 given the U21 games this week and the Ulster U21 final next Wednesday.

cuconnacht

Quote from: twohands!!! on April 02, 2015, 11:53:44 PM
1   Michael Boyle
2   Eamonn Doherty
3   Neil McGee
4   Eamonn McGee
5   Paddy McGrath
6   Karl Lacey
7   Frank McGlynn
8   Martin McElhinney
9   Christy Toye
10   Martin O'Reilly
11   Odhrán Mac Niallais
12   Ryan McHugh
13   Patrick McBrearty
14   Hugh McFadden
15   Colm McFadden

16   Mark McGinley
17   Anthony Thompson
18   Ciaran McGinley
19   Mark McHugh
20   Joe Gibbons
21   Daniel McLaughlin
22   Gary McFadden
23   Stephen Griffen
24   David Walsh
25   Eoin McHugh
26   Darragh O'Connor

No Micheal Murphy (suspended) Durcan and Gallagher also missing.

Don't know what Donegal are playing at naming Ryan McHugh and Hugh McFadden among the starting 15 given the U21 games this week and the Ulster U21 final next Wednesday.
I cant believe that for a minute,risk those lads in a no nothing game.Its probably/has to be  a ruse,the usual team naming mullarkey with no resemblance to whats on the park on a sunday.

Syferus

Lol @ disbelief of a manager playing U21s three days before an U21 match. Try one day after one.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on April 02, 2015, 10:46:22 PM

The keeper situation reminds me of Shilton and Clemence back in the day. Joe Corrigan and Phil Parkes got an odd cap too - but all ye young lads wouldn t remember that! Look just give the jersey to Clarkie and get on with it. The other lads will have their time.
I ve a feeling management are stalling. Clarke is the obvious choice but Hennelly sulked in the past and walked away when he wasn t No.1.

Oh them were the days when Liverpool & Forest ruled Europe and the Old Division One! Despite being a Liverpool fan, I always fancied Shilton as a better Keeper?

Yeah, I have a feeling Hennelly could be the fall Guy of the 3 lads.

Syferus

In fairness it's hard to blame back-up keepers for walking. Wasn't Hennelly coming up from Dublin too? Putting in the work of being an IC player while having pretty much no chance of playing unless the No. 1 strains his hammy reaching for the water bottle seems like an incredibly solitary existence.

maigheo

Going back a bit with talk of Shilton and Clemence.Shilton the better keeper but the concession of that howler v Poland will haunt him forever.For me Clarke should be no. one and only for injuries would have an all star by now.Remember one of the Mayo defenders mentioning that his biggest fear  in training was being under a high ball coming into the square with Clarke in goal.Enough said

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on April 03, 2015, 01:55:24 AM
Going back a bit with talk of Shilton and Clemence.Shilton the better keeper but the concession of that howler v Poland will haunt him forever.For me Clarke should be no. one and only for injuries would have an all star by now.Remember one of the Mayo defenders mentioning that his biggest fear  in training was being under a high ball coming into the square with Clarke in goal.Enough said

Explains the Murphy and Star debaccles more than it does the Mayo goal-keeping situation.

Crete Boom

Quote from: moysider on April 02, 2015, 10:46:22 PM

I ve a feeling management are stalling. Clarke is the obvious choice but Hennelly sulked in the past and walked away when he wasn t No.1.

Bit harsh on Hennelly there Moy as it was his employer at the time gave him an ultimatum , football or his Job. I had dealings with the promotional company he was working for in my previous career and they wouldn't be the nicest people to deal with so I have sympathy for Robbie and his situation in 2012. As far as I know Regan is to start full contact training next week.

I do agree with you though that a fully fit Clarkie is the man for the no.1 jersey but we are lucky that we have O'Malley and Hennelly there as well.