macdanger2

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 03, 2015, 09:37:14 AM
Quote from: moysider on April 02, 2015, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 02, 2015, 09:23:43 PM
Quote from: joemamas on April 02, 2015, 09:13:53 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on April 02, 2015, 09:09:51 PM
Keeper merry go round continues...

How far away are s o se, C O Connor and  E Regan from full fitness
Haven't a clue to be honest. I read O'Connor had a tendon issue under his knee..... tendon's can be temperamental enough so it's hard to give an exact time frame.
Regan is 9 weeks post fracture this Sunday. 6 weeks +- 2 for a collar bone usually. I'd say he's about 2-4 weeks away now from full contact would be my guess.

Regan was supposed to be back full contact this week.

The keeper situation reminds me of Shilton and Clemence back in the day. Joe Corrigan and Phil Parkes got an odd cap too - but all ye young lads wouldn t remember that! Look just give the jersey to Clarkie and get on with it. The other lads will have their time.
I ve a feeling management are stalling. Clarke is the obvious choice but Hennelly sulked in the past and walked away when he wasn t No.1.

Bit harsh on Hennelly there Moy as it was his employer at the time gave him an ultimatum , football or his Job. I had dealings with the promotional company he was working for in my previous career and they wouldn't be the nicest people to deal with so I have sympathy for Robbie and his situation in 2012. As far as I know Regan is to start full contact training next week.

I do agree with you though that a fully fit Clarkie is the man for the no.1 jersey but we are lucky that we have O'Malley and Hennelly there as well.

Fully agree with that Crete, remarks like that about Hennelly are out of order. For what it's worth, I'd go with Clarke too

rosnarun

i think i'd go for o malley as number 1 number 1 . lightning reflexes and the best kickout of the lot , not that imposing but it didnt do clarke much good last week against a smaller man for the last Goal
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Crete Boom

Quote from: rosnarun on April 03, 2015, 03:07:17 PM
i think i'd go for o malley as number 1 number 1 . lightning reflexes and the best kickout of the lot , not that imposing but it didnt do clarke much good last week against a smaller man for the last Goal

What if I told you O'Malley was born in Ballina ( under the font to be exact) , has strong Stephenite connections and is planning on transferring there next season , would that colour your goal keeping preference?? ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 03, 2015, 03:28:40 PM

What if I told you O'Malley was born in Ballina ( under the font to be exact) , has strong Stephenite connections and is planning on transferring there next season , would that colour your goal keeping preference?? ;D

Just play Clarke at FB if he's so fecking good winning ball from full-forwards. You're welcome, Mayo.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2015, 03:49:56 PM

Just play Clarke at FB if he's so fecking good winning ball from full-forwards. You're welcome, Mayo.

We would if it wasn't for his ridiculous running style, he's going to smash himself in the chin with his knees some day!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

You're on the ball regarding rosnarun's dislike of Ballina players anyway. :)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Chimley

I've always liked O'Malley too. I think his kickouts and long range frees are the best of the 3. Small margins can win big games.

moysider

Whitnail

Hasn't been time for managers to really do much with either team yet .

I'm struggling to see any difference in the way we've set up our approach  under Rory & its hard to see any different tactical approach or newer guys comming in against Tyrone in a few weeks either.

At least we're able to watch us without Murphy I guess ,we've become way over reliant on him

maigheo

twohands!!!

Quote from: maigheo on April 05, 2015, 02:52:56 PM
Parsons  out for Mayo.Well boll-x to that

Seamus O'Shea in to replace him ; Diarmuid O'Connor in for Dillon as well.

maigheo

J70

25 mins gone

Mayo 0-5 Donegal 1-5

Looking good so far to avoid a heavy defeat and relegation!

J70

twohands!!!

Good point by McNabb  to put Tyrone 2 points up again - 2 minutes to half-time