Murder case

Started by armaghniac, March 27, 2015, 06:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Fair play to the Gardai for getting a conviction of Graham Dwyer.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0327/690094-graham-dwyer-court/

If you are going to murder someone, sending a lot of text messages about your wish to do so is probably not the best idea, no phone is anonymous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Subbie

Yes, one particularly sick f**ker Mr Dwyer.

No doubt he will get lots of assistance living out his fantasies in the big house.....

LCohen

Certainly an unpleasant individual but you would imagine he may yet appeal (and that appeal would stand a chance). On that basis this thread might be best deferred a little

Thewildcat

the sad thing about this c.nt, i'd say that wasn't his first time to do it, the young Murray girl who was stab a good few years ago, no one every got for it, theres not to many sick cu.ts out there but at least they got this fu.ker the rope is what he should get.

Rossfan

FFS  good Oul hang them flog them etc.
Not much difference between that and Dwyer.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: The Subbie on March 27, 2015, 09:06:47 PM

No doubt he will get lots of assistance living out his fantasies in the big house.....
I'm sure he'll be a focus of attention.
Amazing that the Gardaí got the phones. He would have gotten away with it otherwise.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on March 30, 2015, 06:27:09 PM

Amazing that the Gardaí got the phones. He would have gotten away with it otherwise.
What was  "amazing" were the actions of a conscientious citizen and a diligent garda.

It is the the kind of ordinary decency that cynical, knowing c***ts like you will insist on portraying as "establishment" "snooping" under different circumstances.

AZOffaly

Ah come off it Mike. No need for that. It's getting tiresome. Leave that sort of stuff for the Palestine thread, it's polluting everything now at this stage.

No matter what way you frame it, it was amazing that the evidence would be discovered in the reservoir a matter of days before the body is discovered, after the victim being missing for over a year. If that was written in a novel people would say it's too far fetched.

The Gardai did a great job in this case, but the stars certainly aligned for them on this one. I can't believe how stupid a supposedly intelligent guy was. Not burying the body is one thing, maybe he hoped nature and the animals would take care of that, but disposing of everything else, all at once, in the water was daft. At the very least he could have dropped the phones in different locations, and the other gear somewhere else as well. To have her keys, the phones and the gear altogether was mental.

Sandy Hill

If he'd got rid of the sim cards he'd probably have got away with it.
"Stercus accidit"

Mayo4Sam

Only heard last nite that he issued a statement thanking his friends, family, colleagues for their support during this difficult time, like he was being declared bankrupt or something. Apparently the sign of a sociopath

You'd feel sorry for his dad, wife and kids

Fair play to the gardas, they get a lot of stick but they put this together very well
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Bord na Mona man

It is heartening to see the great work in building all the strands of the case against Dwyer.
Its also dismaying to realise that if Dwyer had done some basic track covering (destroying sims, wiping hard drives, not buying the murder weapon online) he would still be walking the streets as John Q Citizen and probably lining up his next target.

Bingo

Throughout this and considering how narrowing the details where, I think that he genuinely enjoyed it all and got off on it, giving now twisted he was and the details revealed I don't doubt this. His reaction and statement to thank people, just showed him as someone with no remorse and understanding of the impact his act would have on his family and friends, he just carried on as normal.

I'd not be surprised if he can done it before or would have done it again. The night before he was arrested he was watching an online video of a young Brazilian woman been stabbed to death. He was far from finished.

Bensars

The case rested on every single component. Without any  one of them it could have collapsed.
-The Anglers who saw something shiny in the water. Who after sleeping on it  and the question of what it was, going back to try and retrieve it.
-Then brought it to the Garda
-The Garda O'Donaghue who went three times to investigate without giving up And then waded into the water
-The Jogger who last seen the victim, had been using Map my run app etc. The satelite positioning and recorded time on this was vital
-The two mobile phones- and the mapping of both phones in close proximity that matched with his work movements outside of Dublin
-The text messages that matched O Dwyers private life- the flying competition, childrens names, work trips and dates.

Read yesterday how the lady in Donegal must be breathing a sigh of relief- He had stalked her cycling past the house in donegal  and sitting in a car watching the building of her new home, texting recommendations on their design.

I wouldnt be in slightest bit suprised if there will be more revelations in this case.

mouview

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on March 30, 2015, 11:49:28 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 30, 2015, 06:27:09 PM

What was  "amazing" were the actions of a conscientious citizen and a diligent garda.

It is the the kind of ordinary decency that cynical, knowing c***ts like you will insist on portraying as "establishment" "snooping" under different circumstances.

Seafoid probably meant that it was amazing luck that the divers were able to retrieve them having been in a reservoir for over a year.

You, on the other hand, are really starting to sound like a pr!ck.