Will all you atheists be celebrating....

Started by T Fearon, March 16, 2015, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: T Fearon on March 17, 2015, 06:18:40 AM
As I suspected.Hypocrisy using a solemn Christian Feast for all the wrong reasons.Surely the proper response from atheists would be to ignore St Patrick's Day

There is another person round here that should be ignored....he far from saintly though.

seafoid

Maybe SPD replaced a celtic pagan festival. The Irish cult of Muire came straight out of paganism. 
The notion of Christianity as the original and best does not stand up to analysis.

T Fearon

The day is supposed to commemorate and celebrate the Christianisation of Ireland.If you don't believe in Christianity it's hypocrisy to celebrate today

imtommygunn

You wouldn't ever have been guilty of hypocrisy yourself would you?  ;D

Itchy

I'm going to get rat arsed but before that I'll be heading to mass. Hope that's ok Tony.

T Fearon

Not really,that's multiple hypocrisy.One or the other,but not both

Itchy

Tony, people get rat arsed celebrating birthdays, christenings, weddings, football victories etc. I am going to get rat arsed to celebrate the christianisation of Ireland and the mighty man St Patrick was. Also celebrating Sheppards and the lack of snakes. A final toast to big tractors and lorries in the parade. Don't mind this other hypocrites Tony, you and I are cut from the same cloth.

T Fearon

And drunkeness (as opposed to having a couple of celebratory drinks) is compatible with Christianity how?

Bingo

I'm going to Armagh which has some connection with the welsh man himself. Can't do better than that.

Then later I'll raise a toast and thank him that I can lie down in the long grass without fear of a big snake eating me.

Praise be to paddy.

Itchy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 17, 2015, 09:41:39 AM
And drunkeness (as opposed to having a couple of celebratory drinks) is compatible with Christianity how?

Where is it said a Christian cannot get locked. Are you saying binge drinkers like me are not welcome in the catholic church. Sure I know a few priests fond of the odd binge so that can't be.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 17, 2015, 09:03:37 AM
The day is supposed to commemorate and celebrate the Christianisation of Ireland.If you don't believe in Christianity it's hypocrisy to celebrate today

Tony, you don't believe in Christianity. You don't know the first thing about it, as you have demonstrated time and time again. Your views on religion are buried in the first few books of the Old Testament, if not earlier. St Patrick is a young punk to you.

Hate thy Neighbour might make a comeback, but it won't be via Christendom. You should really be looking elsewhere.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on March 17, 2015, 10:12:13 AM
Do Nordies have the day off today?

Only the Tony, and his friends in the DUP.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Drunkeness is not compatible with Christianity I'm afraid.On a brighter note Cardinal Sean Brady reminisces in today's Irish News about St Patrick's Cavan's last appearance in a McRory Cup Final in 1975 when he was their coach! I hadn't realised this

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on March 17, 2015, 10:30:08 AM
Drunkeness is not compatible with Christianity I'm afraid.On a brighter note Cardinal Sean Brady reminisces in today's Irish News about St Patrick's Cavan's last appearance in a McRory Cup Final in 1975 when he was their coach! I hadn't realised this

Glad his memory of such times hasn't faded.

Was B Smyth the physical trainer?