New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Orior on March 09, 2015, 05:49:10 PM
Quote from: Hardy on March 09, 2015, 02:10:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 09, 2015, 01:32:57 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on March 08, 2015, 05:57:12 PM
So you would love Brendan Smyth? And no doubt Hardy adores Sean Brady ,even though he once deemed him to be a "miserable b**tard?"

Can people not differentiate between the generic teachings of Jesus (when he said Love thy Neighbour,he was talking generically about your fellow man and woman,not every odious individual),or like the fundamentalists do you interpret everything literally?
Let's put it this way, Tony,say I came across Brendan Smyth and Sean Brady drowning in a pot of the devil's piss as I walked along the road of life.
Now, suppose I had the chance to save one of them before he submerged for the third and final time, so it appears that I have a hard choice to make.
I know that both are/were obnoxious b**tards who truly deserve to spend eternity in the devil's keeping.
So which one should I save?
Not a hard choice at all. I'd grab Smyth by the hair and drag him out, nice and slow and then give him a few roots up the rock 'n' roll before sending him on his way to Siberia or maybe Roscommon.
As for Seanie, I'd give him the two-fingered salute that he gave to all poor children that Smyth abused, both before and after that infamous "interview."
Smyth was a deranged individual who wasn't in full control of his emotions.
Brady was a devious individual who knew damn well what he was doing and was prepared to go to great lengths to protect the church's interests, as he saw them.

Well put, Lar. And the correct decision.

I disagree. You are applying 20th century attitudes and transparency to a time when in those in authority were never challenged and no exceptions. Whistle blowing was never an option. Sean Brady is easy target.

The 14 year old managed it.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Still waiting for an example of my alleged homophobia

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2015, 06:11:26 PM
Still waiting for an example of my alleged homophobia

Do you understand that to be homophobic is to be prejudiced against homosexual people?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/homophobic

Adj.   1.   homophobic - prejudiced against homosexual people

You have demonstrated time and time again on this thread that you are happy to discriminate against homosexuals. What we have been debating is why.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I am not in favour of any discrimination against anyone.I would not permit my house to be used for what I consider to be any sinful purposes committed by anyone of any sexual preference.Please stop bearing false witness against me

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2015, 06:24:25 PM
I am not in favour of any discrimination against anyone.I would not permit my house to be used for what I consider to be any sinful purposes committed by anyone of any sexual preference.Please stop bearing false witness against me

If the above is referring to your B&B or any other hypothetical business, it is discrimination Tony. It is against the law.

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 08:03:44 PM
I would (and do) treat gay people the same way as I treat everyone else.But I disapprove of the lifestyle and consider that they already have sufficient rights without demeaning marriage and elevating an unconventional partnership to the level of a normal one.

The above is a demonstration of your prejudice against homosexuals.

Quote from: T Fearon on February 24, 2015, 11:01:18 PM
If a gay couple wanted to rent a room to clearly spend a night in that room as a normal heterosexual married couple,yes I believe the owner of a B&B should have a right to refuse their custom.

The above further demonstrates your prejudice and your willingness to discriminate against homosexuals.

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 06:11:35 AM
In all cases you are simply preventing sinful activity taking place under your roof or not facilitating such activity.You are not discriminating against the potential customers themselves.

Not only is this more evidence of prejudice and willingness to discriminate, it is also completely delusional.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

No it's not.There are many things I disapprove of,that doesn't indicate any discrimination whatsoever,so once again Stop bearing false witness

heganboy

Tony,
it may be approaching the time where you possibly consider that you may have to concede a little here.
it's been a good run, but even big Pat Jennings had to hang the gloves up at some point...
HB
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2015, 07:14:51 PM
No it's not.There are many things I disapprove of,that doesn't indicate any discrimination whatsoever,so once again Stop bearing false witness

I think the biggest difficulty you have is with the english language.

You alone on this thread think treating people differently because they are homosexual, is somehow not discrimination. Everyone else is debating why you would discriminate, not whether or not it is discrimination.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

People are treated differently in many aspects of life.Thats why men and women generally wear different clothes and have different toilets etc.

It all boils down to why they're treated differently.As I said I'd have no problem letting out a single room to an individual member of the gay community,which proves I'm non discriminatory.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2015, 08:25:08 PM
People are treated differently in many aspects of life.Thats why men and women generally wear different clothes and have different toilets etc.

It all boils down to why they're treated differently.As I said I'd have no problem letting out a single room to an individual member of the gay community,which proves I'm non discriminatory.

You wouldn't give the room to a gay couple and you would to a straight couple. That is discriminating against that gay couple no matter how deluded you are.

MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2015, 05:51:54 PM

I disagree. You are applying 20th century attitudes and transparency to a time when in those in authority were never challenged and no exceptions. Whistle blowing was never an option. Sean Brady is easy target.

I went to an all boys school. There was always talk about one priest in particular who visited the dormitories at night.

Should I be hanging my head in shame that I didnt report it to the RUC?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

I would not let a room to an unmarried hetrosexual couple either

muppet

Quote from: Orior on March 09, 2015, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 09, 2015, 05:51:54 PM

I went to an all boys school. There was always talk about one priest in particular who visited the dormitories at night.

Should I be hanging my head in shame that I didnt report it to the RUC?

Did you head an investigation into it and get the victims to swear an illegal oath of silence? If so, hang your head in shame.
MWWSI 2017

LCohen

So you would love Brendan Smyth?
You are the one that loves Brendan Smyth. You have told us dozens of times that you do so don't start denying it now.

Can people not differentiate between the generic teachings of Jesus (when he said Love thy Neighbour,he was talking generically about your fellow man and woman,not every odious individual),or like the fundamentalists do you interpret everything literally?
Love thy neighbour now does not mean love thy neighbour.  The bible is not to be taken literally. Now given all that where is your biblically based problems with homosexuality?

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2015, 07:22:59 AM
Point out one instance on this thread where I've demonstrated any form of homophobia.
You object to the lifestyle of homosexuals. You are a homophobe. You have displayed your homophobia on this thread.