New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Of course anyone with half a brain knows Jesus' command to Love thy Neighbour was an instruction as to how to treat others in general,and not a command to love and respect every single person regardless of their deeds and disposition

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on March 08, 2015, 09:24:44 PM
Of course anyone with half a brain knows Jesus' command to Love thy Neighbour was an instruction as to how to treat others in general,and not a command to love and respect every single person regardless of their deeds and disposition

What? So treat people generally with respect except the gays and certain other people I don't like??

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on March 08, 2015, 12:25:40 PM
Love they Neighbour? Even if he is a paedophiles? I should love him and facilitate all his perversions?

Quote from: T Fearon on March 08, 2015, 09:09:46 PM
So did/do you love Brendan Smyth?

Stop the sleazy smearing. Easytiger called out this carry on earlier in the thread. Casually pulling paedophiles into your defence of your homophobia is the kind of nasty lie that gets gay people beaten up or worse. Low.

T Fearon

Point out one instance on this thread where I've demonstrated any form of homophobia.

screenexile

Quote from: T Fearon on February 25, 2015, 10:27:42 PM
As the likelihood of the gay couple having sex is much greater than a single person pleasuring himself I'd let a room to a single person but not to a gay couple.

Bingo

Comedy gold on these topics at times. Hard to know how many WUM are on the go and who is trying to win up who.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on March 09, 2015, 09:40:09 AM
Comedy gold on these topics at times. Hard to know how many WUM are on the go and who is trying to win up who.

I normally question why people bother with Fearon, but this thread has been a hoot.

easytiger95

Quote from: T Fearon on March 09, 2015, 07:22:59 AM
Point out one instance on this thread where I've demonstrated any form of homophobia.

I don't know why I bother. Funniest line of the thread so far. My hats off to you Mr. Fearon, you are a comedy icon.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on March 09, 2015, 09:51:39 AM
Quote from: Bingo on March 09, 2015, 09:40:09 AM

I normally question why people bother with Fearon, but this thread has been a hoot.

Yeah, just when you think its dying it will come back with a new turn that leads to another 5/6 pages of stuff that wouldn't look out of place in Monty Python.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: T Fearon on March 08, 2015, 05:57:12 PM
So you would love Brendan Smyth? And no doubt Hardy adores Sean Brady ,even though he once deemed him to be a "miserable b**tard?"

Can people not differentiate between the generic teachings of Jesus (when he said Love thy Neighbour,he was talking generically about your fellow man and woman,not every odious individual),or like the fundamentalists do you interpret everything literally?
Let's put it this way, Tony,say I came across Brendan Smyth and Sean Brady drowning in a pot of the devil's piss as I walked along the road of life.
Now, suppose I had the chance to save one of them before he submerged for the third and final time, so it appears that I have a hard choice to make.
I know that both are/were obnoxious bastards who truly deserve to spend eternity in the devil's keeping.
So which one should I save?
Not a hard choice at all. I'd grab Smyth by the hair and drag him out, nice and slow and then give him a few roots up the rock 'n' roll before sending him on his way to Siberia or maybe Roscommon.
As for Seanie, I'd give him the two-fingered salute that he gave to all poor children that Smyth abused, both before and after that infamous "interview."
Smyth was a deranged individual who wasn't in full control of his emotions.
Brady was a devious individual who knew damn well what he was doing and was prepared to go to great lengths to protect the church's interests, as he saw them.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 09, 2015, 01:32:57 PM
So you would love Brendan Smyth? And no doubt Hardy adores Sean Brady ,even though he once deemed him to be a "miserable b**tard?"

Can people not differentiate between the generic teachings of Jesus (when he said Love thy Neighbour,he was talking generically about your fellow man and woman,not every odious individual),or like the fundamentalists do you interpret everything literally?
Let's put it this way, Tony,say I came across Brendan Smyth and Sean Brady drowning in a pot of the devil's piss as I walked along the road of life.
Now, suppose I had the chance to save one of them before he submerged for the third and final time, so it appears that I have a hard choice to make.
I know that both are/were obnoxious b**tards who truly deserve to spend eternity in the devil's keeping.
Not a hard choice at all. I'd grab Smyth by the hair and drag him out, nice and slow and then give him a few roots up the rock 'n' roll before sending him on his way to Siberia or maybe Roscommon.
As for Seanie, I'd give him the two-fingered salute that he gave to all poor children that Smyth abused, both before and after that infamous "interview."
Brady was a devious individual who knew damn well what he was doing and was prepared to go to great lengths to protect the church's interests, as he saw them.

Would he not have enjoyed that!?

heganboy

Let's put it this way, Tony,say I came across Brendan Smyth and Sean Brady

possible they may have enjoyed this more...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

I know that both are/were obnoxious b**tards who truly deserve to spend eternity in the devil's keeping.

Well put, Lar. And the correct decision.

muppet

Love thy neighbour, except the odious ones.

I am beginning to like this philosophy. Can I love only the people I like, or find attractive, or are gamey, or maybe all three? Presumably if you don't have to love certain people, you can hate them? This would be a great relief I can assure you. For example I won't feel bad cursing the locals all the way across Roscommon on the way home anymore.

I am now curious to what your interpretation of the 10 Commandants are.

Here is the King James version:

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1   "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2   "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3   "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4   "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5   "Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6   "You shall not murder.
7   "You shall not commit adultery.
8   "You shall not steal.
9   "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10   "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

So what is the Tony Fearon version? I'll hazard a guess at a couple:

1     I am the Lord your God, you shall have no others Gods, except Cardinals, and Bishops, and Armagh, and Spurs, and Celtic.
6      You shall not murder, unless the bastard deserves it.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on March 09, 2015, 02:10:47 PM

Well put, Lar. And the correct decision.

I disagree. You are applying 20th century attitudes and transparency to a time when in those in authority were never challenged and no exceptions. Whistle blowing was never an option. Sean Brady is easy target.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians