New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Someone else had beaten me to that.I am sorry,you are a brother in Christ and I should have come to your aid!

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
Homosexual or heterosexual couples sharing a bed are more than likely to have sex.In any event doesn't scripture condemn "men lying together?"

Yes Tony, every time anyone goes to bed they have sex. Just like I said, the sexual hangups are the problem here.

And why are you asking about scripture? You should be able to point exactly to the basis for your discrimination.
MWWSI 2017

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 06:34:34 PM
Homosexual or heterosexual couples sharing a bed are more than likely to have sex.In any event doesn't scripture condemn "men lying together?"
"More than likely?" I'm not sure. What's your basis for thinking this?

What I would say is more than likely is that of those who do have sex, whether heterosexual or homosexual, they'll be using contraception. How could you go before God if you had facilitated that?!

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 05:26:46 PM
The Bible and teachings of all Christian churches makes it explicitly clear that homosexuality is sinful.Therefore how could any Christian possibly let a room in his or her house,in return for money,to facilitate this practice.

If a Bank is robbed in my area and the police release a photo fit of the suspected couple and later that evening a couple matching fairly closely the photo fit turns up at my house looking for a room,what do I do? Just shrug it off and say it's nothing to do with me,or write it off as a coincidence,that they just happen to look like the wanted couple?
If anyone turns up at your house, give them a room. If you know they have committed a crime, phone the police. If you have no reason to suspect criminal activity, it's a case of 'nothing to see here'.

T Fearon

According to the logic here you should just give them a room,without question,mind your own business,people are free to do what they want and you must not be judgemental

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 07:36:35 PM
According to the logic here you should just give them a room,without question,mind your own business,people are free to do what they want and you must not be judgemental

Did you not say you weren't being judgemental?

Maguire01

As long as there's no suspicion that someone is breaking the law? Yes.

Maguire01

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 01, 2015, 07:47:52 PM

8)

T Fearon

That's the logic when you are asked to suspend moral judgement,what anyone else does is none of your business and God forbid (pardon the pun) you would interfere in their right to do what they want or deny them any goods or services ::)

Hardy

You're getting there. Slowly, but you are getting there.

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 01, 2015, 07:55:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 01, 2015, 07:47:52 PM

8)

;D

Tony it is like the mods allowing you to post here.
MWWSI 2017

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on February 28, 2015, 11:24:22 PM
Preventing sin in my house is not being judgemental.

So you aim to prevent all sin in your house or do you judge which sins to try to prevent?

Where does your definition of sin come from or do you use judgment in that regard?

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 03:31:35 PM
It's not being judgemental,it is simply my desire to not be a party to sin.

I think you are flattering yourself if you think they are going to ask you tp join in.

LCohen

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 05:26:46 PM
The Bible and teachings of all Christian churches makes it explicitly clear that homosexuality is sinful.Therefore how could any Christian possibly let a room in his or her house,in return for money,to facilitate this practice.

If a Bank is robbed in my area and the police release a photo fit of the suspected couple and later that evening a couple matching fairly closely the photo fit turns up at my house looking for a room,what do I do? Just shrug it off and say it's nothing to do with me,or write it off as a coincidence,that they just happen to look like the wanted couple?

The Bank robbers should definitely be given a room. Then you phone the police and direct them to the room number.

Please give us these examples from the bible that find fault with homosexual acts that you find convincing