New Catholic Church/ DUP coalition! Is this they way forward?

Started by T Fearon, February 24, 2015, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 01, 2015, 06:26:20 AM
Really, Tony? "preventing sin in my house is not being judgmental"!  And how do you intend to sift the sinners from the saintly in in Tony's House of B & B (Bondage and Buggery")?  Since we're all sinners, gay and straight, you'd have to put up a sign "Poyntz 'They Shall Not' Pass, and simply have to close up shop.  Every potential visitor would have to pass a judgment test about whether they would, with certainty, commit sin.  And don't give two spits of butterfly's piddle about 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.'

Anyway, talking about not passing, do you happen to know what radio is covering the Armagh vs. Limerick game?

http://live95fm.ie/Home#

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

T Fearon

It's not being judgemental,it is simply my desire to not be a party to sin.

imtommygunn

Did you not say that you didn't approve of their lifestyle?

Is judgemental one of these words, like hypocrisy and irony, that you don't actually know the meaning of??

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 03:31:35 PM
It's not being judgemental,it is simply my desire to not be a party to sin.

You are God Tony, you are judging that they are sinners.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 01, 2015, 03:35:33 PM
Is judgemental one of these words, like hypocrisy and irony, that you don't actually know the meaning of??

A lot of people here seem perfectly familiar with the idea of judging people, so could perhaps advise.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on March 01, 2015, 03:51:03 PM

A lot of people here seem perfectly familiar with the idea of judging people, so could perhaps advise.

Only one person is insisting on discriminating against others based on his judgements.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2015, 03:56:06 PM

Only one person is insisting on discriminating against others based on his judgements.

Perhaps, the others could be better described as favouring coercing people based on their judgements.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on March 01, 2015, 04:09:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 01, 2015, 03:56:06 PM

Perhaps, the others could be better described as favouring coercing people based on their judgements.

Only one person is interfering with the lives of others, imposing his judgements on their lifestyle and punishing them accordingly.

You however the believe people who criticise this are the problem.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I don't care what people do,but I am directly affected if they do or wish to do something contrary to my religious beliefs under my roof.It is not being discriminatory or judgemental to assert my right to exercise reasonable control of what happens or doesn't happen under my own roof.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 04:53:38 PM
I don't care what people do,but I am directly affected if they do or wish to do something contrary to my religious beliefs under my roof.It is not being discriminatory or judgemental to assert my right to exercise reasonable control of what happens or doesn't happen under my own roof.

You decided that they are sinners and that is the basis for your discrimination.

Worse than that, you now think you are 'directly affected' by what you think two consenting adults might do in what should be a private bedroom. This presumably means you think you are not going to Heaven if you allow this. So on this basis you insist you can discriminate against them and then ludicrously claim it isn't discrimination.

If there is a God, I am quite certain people who frivolously inflict unnecessary suffering, embarrassment and pain on their fellow citizens,  will not be held up by Him as paragons of virtue. Your resemblance to Paisley's thinking is uncanny. Do you think he is being welcomed at the Pearly Gates with open arms?
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

The Bible and teachings of all Christian churches makes it explicitly clear that homosexuality is sinful.Therefore how could any Christian possibly let a room in his or her house,in return for money,to facilitate this practice.

If a Bank is robbed in my area and the police release a photo fit of the suspected couple and later that evening a couple matching fairly closely the photo fit turns up at my house looking for a room,what do I do? Just shrug it off and say it's nothing to do with me,or write it off as a coincidence,that they just happen to look like the wanted couple?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on March 01, 2015, 05:26:46 PM
The Bible and teachings of all Christian churches makes it explicitly clear that homosexuality is sinful.Therefore how could any Christian possibly let a room in his or her house,in return for money,to facilitate this practice.

If a Bank is robbed in my area and the police release a photo fit of the suspected couple and later that evening a couple matching fairly closely the photo fit turns up at my house looking for a room,what do I do? Just shrug it off and say it's nothing to do with me,or write it off as a coincidence,that they just happen to look like the wanted couple?

You are not letting a room to 'facilitate this practice'. This is where the Catholic Church and the DUP thinking is mutually warped. Not everyone is having sex all the time. The real problem is those with obvious sexual hangups and who insist on allowing them to affect their (never-ending) judgment of others.

As for your daft analogy, are homosexuals bank robbers?  ::)
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Homosexual or heterosexual couples sharing a bed are more than likely to have sex.In any event doesn't scripture condemn "men lying together?"

Oraisteach

Well, Tony, thanks for not accommodating my request for the Limerick station covering the match (BTW Thanks DrinkingHarp). If you had, you'd have facilitated sins of thought, word and deed when I learned that Campbell was unable to play. 

Oraisteach

Scripture also lays out dietary prohibitions, Tony, and though I've never met you, I understand that you're, how shall I put it, stout, and probably do not adhere strictly to the prescribed food restrictions.