Armagh   1
Cork           1
Donegal   1
Galway      2
Meath        2
Dublin   3
Tyrone      3
Kerry     7

Kerry will win a meitheal but what about everyone else ? 
And will Mayo break the spell ?

tippabu

Roscommon should take 16 at least.

On a serious note, I am looking for tipp in the next 5/6 years to go on and win a munster.

mjg

The only thing we can be sure of is that the next twenty idiotic threads will be started by seafoid

JoG2

Its hard to believe Tyrone have won the same number as Dublin in the last 20 years. Dublin have massive numbers, finances, coaches coming out their ears, a tonne of cushy coaching roles for players, meals delivered, cars and and obviously a soft underbelly. Will be very interesting to see how they fare this year and beyond.

Hard to look beyond Kerry, Roscommon or Dublin this year

Put Up That Flag

Very hard to see past Roscommon for the next 20, no other county has the talent they have according to Syferus

Rossfan

We will be abandoning bogball next year as we move to trendy cool upperclass rubby.
We're obviously already a hotbed of that wonderful Dublin4 game as we are the only ones to change our NFL game starting time to allow our tv loving fans time to get home to watch a rubby game.
So we won't be winning any of the next 20.
Kerry 8
Dublin 4 ( before the split in 2019)
Cork 2
Galway 1
Cavan 1
Donegal 1
Monaghan 1
Dublin City 1
Fingal 1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: tippabu on February 24, 2015, 10:42:38 AM

On a serious note, I am looking for tipp in the next 5/6 years to go on and win a munster.

They need to. The players are coming through, they are getting battle hardened and they are approaching it well. They may need a good draw, and potentially Cork in a Munster final in Thurles or something, but I have high hopes of the same thing.

If they do make the breakthrough in the medium term, I really believe there is potential there for them to become a serial top 8 team.

Bingo

Dublin 4
South Dublin 5
North Dublin 4
Fingal 1
North County Dublin 1
South County Dublin 1
Inner City Dublin 1
Kerry 2
London 1

Sidney

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 24, 2015, 11:45:57 AM

They need to. The players are coming through, they are getting battle hardened and they are approaching it well. They may need a good draw, and potentially Cork in a Munster final in Thurles or something, but I have high hopes of the same thing.

If they do make the breakthrough in the medium term, I really believe there is potential there for them to become a serial top 8 team.
They won't get a good draw if they keep voting for Kerry and Cork to be seeded every year.

Hardy

Statistically, based on the results of the past 20 years, it will be:
Kerry    7
Dublin    3
Tyrone    3
Galway    2
Meath    2
Armagh    1
Cork    1
Donegal    1

Or, if we look at all-time results:
Kerry    6
Dublin    4
Cavan    1
Cork    1
Down    1
Galway    1
Kildare    1
Meath    1
Tipperary    1
Wexford    1

AZOffaly

Quote from: Sidney on February 24, 2015, 12:18:57 PM

They won't get a good draw if they keep voting for Kerry and Cork to be seeded every year.

They didn't vote for that I believe. They are the ones who have come up with the compromise solution. At least if you beat Cork once, or Kerry once, then the next year you are the ones in the semi final seed.

twohands!!!

The current rule in Munster is that the two Munster finalists are seeded into the semi-finals the next year, so what the lesser lights should be targeting first of all is a place in a Munster final which would give them a place into the semi-finals for the next year, but probably more importantly would mean that they would have a 50/50 chance of their being a Kerry v Cork matchup in the other semi-final, which would mean that they would only have to beat one of the big guns to win the Munster championship.  You have to think that beating both Kerry and Cork in the same year would be a massive ask to win a provincial championship but if it was the case that Tipp had to beat one of Clare/Waterford/Limerick in a semi-final and one of Kerry or Cork in a final, it looks far more achievable (obviously you are looking for one of the big two to have an off day in the final.

I do think if Tipp are to progress then need to get out of Division 3 pronto - incredibly hard to develop your players to take on the top teams playing Division 3 football.

If Tipp were in Division 2 next year they could well be playing Derry, Tyrone, Roscommon, Westmeath, Meath, Down, Armagh

If they are still in Division 3 next year their opposition in their league games, could well be  Kildare, Laois, Louth, Limerick, Fermanagh, Offaly, Carlow

I defy anyone to argue that having games against the first 7 teams would be far sterner and tougher, yet ultimately more beneficial in the long run than playing the second group of 7 teams listed.

[I've based the makeup on the current standings in the league before anyone gets riled up, while assuming Tipperary get promoted instead of Fermanagh -I just cant see Armagh not getting promoted]

AZOffaly

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 24, 2015, 12:45:58 PM

The current rule in Munster is that the two Munster finalists are seeded into the semi-finals the next year, so what the lesser lights should be targeting first of all is a place in a Munster final which would give them a place into the semi-finals for the next year, but probably more importantly would mean that they would have a 50/50 chance of their being a Kerry v Cork matchup in the other semi-final, which would mean that they would only have to beat one of the big guns to win the Munster championship.  You have to think that beating both Kerry and Cork in the same year would be a massive ask to win a provisional championship but if it was the case that Tipp had to beat one of Clare/Waterford/Limerick in a semi-final and one of Kerry or Cork in a final, it looks far more achievable (obviously you are looking for one of the big two to have an off day in the final.

I do think if Tipp are to progress then need to get out of Division 3 pronto - incredibly hard to develop your players to take on the top teams playing Division 3 football.

If Tipp were in Division 2 next year they could well be playing Derry, Tyrone, Roscommon, Westmeath, Meath, Down, Armagh

If they are still in Division 3 next year their opposition in their league games, could well be  Kildare, Laois, Louth, Limerick, Fermanagh, Offaly, Carlow

I defy anyone to argue that having games against the first 7 teams would be far sterner and tougher, yet ultimately more beneficial in the long run than playing the second group of 7 teams listed.

[I've based the makeup on the current standings in the league before anyone gets riled up, while assuming Tipperary get promoted instead of Fermanagh -I just cant see Armagh not getting promoted]

You are correct of course, and that is the aim. Tipperary need, and are planning,  to be regular visitors in the top 2 divisions. They would look at the likes of Westmeath and say that if them, why not us?.

I think it's recognised in Tipperary that they need to be operating at that level, and comfortable at that level, before they can expect, as opposed to hope for, success in the championship. They have proved that they can compete, but they haven't really gotten the marquee win yet, and that's the next step. Getting promoted to Division 2, and staying there, would give them that, and would give them the basis for a challenge at the Munster championship.

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 24, 2015, 12:49:10 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on February 24, 2015, 12:45:58 PM

The current rule in Munster is that the two Munster finalists are seeded into the semi-finals the next year, so what the lesser lights should be targeting first of all is a place in a Munster final which would give them a place into the semi-finals for the next year, but probably more importantly would mean that they would have a 50/50 chance of their being a Kerry v Cork matchup in the other semi-final, which would mean that they would only have to beat one of the big guns to win the Munster championship.  You have to think that beating both Kerry and Cork in the same year would be a massive ask to win a provisional championship but if it was the case that Tipp had to beat one of Clare/Waterford/Limerick in a semi-final and one of Kerry or Cork in a final, it looks far more achievable (obviously you are looking for one of the big two to have an off day in the final.

You are correct of course, and that is the aim. Tipperary need, and are planning,  to be regular visitors in the top 2 divisions. They would look at the likes of Westmeath and say that if them, why not us?.

I think it's recognised in Tipperary that they need to be operating at that level, and comfortable at that level, before they can expect, as opposed to hope for, success in the championship. They have proved that they can compete, but they haven't really gotten the marquee win yet, and that's the next step. Getting promoted to Division 2, and staying there, would give them that, and would give them the basis for a challenge at the Munster championship.

One thing I've wondered is how did the lesser counties in Munster manage to hand the advantage to Kerry and Cork re the seeded draw and all that given it was a 4 v 2 voting situation.

Anyone know anything on this? If you were a cynical person, you'd almost be tempted to believe that it was part of a concerted effort in those 4 counties to keep hurling in pole position in those 4 counties.

AZOffaly

I think it was part of a negotiating process, yes, related to the running of the hurling championship. However, I don't think it was unanimous. I think Tipperary voted against Kerry and Cork being named as seeded teams. I also thought Clare voted against it, but I might be wrong.

It should be noted that Limerick proposed the motion, and Waterford agreed to it. Their logic was that they preferred to get a game against someone of a 'similar standard' rather than dander in to face the big guns. Tipperary's original proposal was that there would be an open draw for the semi final, but that Cork and Kerry would be the named seeds every year. They could, however be drawn against each other. They hoped that this would address Limerick and Waterford's issue, but that amendment wasn't accepted.

The new compromise which was proposed by Tipp at least allows for the chance that someone catches Kerry or Cork in a semi final, and the next year they are in the quarter final, and thus exposed to meeting the other big gun in a semi.