Who will win the next 20 all Irelands ?

Started by seafoid, February 24, 2015, 09:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Also, I believe the new proposal is that Kerry and Cork could be drawn against each other, potentially, in a semi final. So even if they aren't caught on the hop in Year 1, they could meet each other in the semi in Year 2 regardless.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/munster-council-votes-to-reinstate-open-draw-in-football-championship-1.1926161

This is essentially the amendment Tipperary proposed in 2013, but it goes a step further in that Kerry and Cork aren't explicitly named .

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 24, 2015, 12:57:25 PM
I think it was part of a negotiating process, yes, related to the running of the hurling championship. However, I don't think it was unanimous. I think Tipperary voted against Kerry and Cork being named as seeded teams. I also thought Clare voted against it, but I might be wrong.

The new compromise which was proposed by Tipp at least allows for the chance that someone catches Kerry or Cork in a semi final, and the next year they are in the quarter final, and thus exposed to meeting the other big gun in a semi.

That's how they sorted it out but I was more concerned about how the mess ever got started in the first place.
How did the weaker counties end up agreeing to something that wasn't in their best interest when there was 4 of them?

blanketattack

Quote from: twohands!!! on February 24, 2015, 01:03:19 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 24, 2015, 12:57:25 PM
I think it was part of a negotiating process, yes, related to the running of the hurling championship. However, I don't think it was unanimous. I think Tipperary voted against Kerry and Cork being named as seeded teams. I also thought Clare voted against it, but I might be wrong.

The new compromise which was proposed by Tipp at least allows for the chance that someone catches Kerry or Cork in a semi final, and the next year they are in the quarter final, and thus exposed to meeting the other big gun in a semi.

That's how they sorted it out but I was more concerned about how the mess ever got started in the first place.
How did the weaker counties end up agreeing to something that wasn't in their best interest when there was 4 of them?

It's partly in their best interest - in an open system they could be drawn against Cork or Kerry in their first game. At least in the new system they're guaranteed one game against another  weaker county.

Itchy

Its likely Roscommon will win 40 all Ireland's in this period of time as I believe their hurlers have access to the wonder bus which will bring them on 600%

Wildweasel74

kerry and Dublin will win probably half them, I expect Donegal, Meath, Mayo, Cork, Galway, Tyrone,  and Cavan, yes Cavan, to pick up at least 1 in the next 20yrs

Itchy

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 24, 2015, 05:59:18 PM
kerry and Dublin will win probably half them, I expect Donegal, Meath, Mayo, Cork, Galway, Tyrone,  and Cavan, yes Cavan, to pick up at least 1 in the next 20yrs

Do you not think Derry might win their 2nd before we win our 6th.

Throw ball

Watched Armagh play Tipperary and Roscommon in the last year and have been impressed with both - especially Tipperary. They will have to learn to see out close games, however. Would love to see them win Munster.

As for the next 20 All Ireland's I would expect Kerry and Dublin to win a dozen between them. Cork will probably get a couple and Mayo are bound to get one as are Tyrone. That leaves Donegal, Down, Armagh, Monaghan, Meath, Galway, Roscommon and Tipperary to fight over the other 4. If Derry manage to get away from their club scene for a bit they could crash the party, as could Cavan.

Wildweasel74

Cavan have the players and the system coming through, if they keep at it with the right manager they get there in the long run. Underage in Derry is a total mess and i cant see any success coming in the long run at the minute anyway

muppet

Quote from: Throw ball on February 24, 2015, 06:12:57 PM
Watched Armagh play Tipperary and Roscommon in the last year and have been impressed with both - especially Tipperary. They will have to learn to see out close games, however. Would love to see them win Munster.

As for the next 20 All Ireland's I would expect Kerry and Dublin to win a dozen between them. Cork will probably get a couple and Mayo are bound to get one as are Tyrone. That leaves Donegal, Down, Armagh, Monaghan, Meath, Galway, Roscommon and Tipperary to fight over the other 4. If Derry manage to get away from their club scene for a bit they could crash the party, as could Cavan.

I'll take that right now!
MWWSI 2017

giveballaghback

Dont know who will win them but Mayo will be runners up in all of them,

Aaron Boone

Kildare have 2028 sewn up, the 100th anniversary.

Syferus

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on February 24, 2015, 08:34:31 PM
To win just once.
Aye and I'll be surprised if you don't win at least one.
Dunno what's stopping your team from gelling into a serious outfit but if ye ever get motoring, ye could be around for a long time to come. Evans seems to be the best manager Ross has had in a long time and  you may well win a Connacht at least this year.
I dunno what Mayo are going to be like, given the management switch but Galway are on the way up too. I guess the Connacht championship will be very interesting this year.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mjg

Its been quiet a while since a mayo ross game was fifty fifty.Ah the days of tony mac an Tj 8)

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?