Started by Shrewdness, February 22, 2015, 09:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on March 22, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
We were blackguarded by the ref.
Replay.

He's been no better than Banty was.

Hardy

I don't like that carry on. It's not the Meath way. Never heard Seán Boylan at that stuff.

Jinxy

Yeah, whether it's accurate or not there's no point running to the media with your grievances.
It doesn't reflect well on Micko.
He's feeling the pressure I think.
From who exactly I don't know, being promoted to Div 1 would be an utter disaster.
Stay in Div 2 and try to develop some new players.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ross4life

Average enough game where we didn't play near our capabilities but the better side on the day won & a two point win probably about right i reckon.

The 2nd goal a nice gift from O Rourke though Kilbride still had a lot of work to do, it somewhat made up for the gift of a goal that Claffey gave to Meath two years ago. That second goal gave us the cushion to hold on for the win though if anything we sat back on the lead too much however Meath never looked like getting the goal that they needed.

Keenan probably our best player today great leadership and drove us forward, David Murray had another fine game & looks like he's been playing senior football for years. A good hard earned & long overdue win against Meath today well done to all the players & management onwards & upwards we go

P.S The Black Mamba just to let you know gibbs32 is a poster pretending to be rossie. the Ignore feature on this forum is best used for posters like him.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Black Mamba

Quote from: ross4life on March 22, 2015, 10:41:29 PM
Average enough game where we didn't play near our capabilities but the better side on the day won & a two point win probably about right i reckon.

The 2nd goal a nice gift from O Rourke though Kilbride still had a lot of work to do, it somewhat made up for the gift of a goal that Claffey gave to Meath two years ago. That second goal gave us the cushion to hold on for the win though if anything we sat back on the lead too much however Meath never looked like getting the goal that they needed.

Keenan probably our best player today great leadership and drove us forward, David Murray had another fine game & looks like he's been playing senior football for years. A good hard earned & long overdue win against Meath today well done to all the players & management onwards & upwards we go

P.S The Black Mamba just to let you know gibbs32 is a poster pretending to be rossie. the Ignore feature on this forum is best used for posters like him.
Duly noted  ;) Yeah had a hunch he was after seeing some more of his posts ....

moysider

If this shite continues might s well forget about this forum - I think a few already have.

Going by expression/style/timing of response etc  I suspect somebody is bored and posting as 3/4 different personas when it has anything to do with Roscommon or Mayo. Pathetic really but what can you do. Must be like havin a row with yourself because most others are not taking the bait.

maigheo

Its a shame that an excellent forum like this could be ruined by idiots like gibbs 32,as its by far the best discussion board on sports out there.Nearly was rooting for Meath today because of idiots like gibbs 32 but managed to see the light :) :) :) :) :) :)

BennyHarp

Roscommon's progress this year will be fascinating. With Mayo possibly on the slide a provincial championship must be a first realistic target then who knows. It genuinely is exciting for the Championship when new teams emerge, let's hope Roscommon can fulfill their promise. I know one thing, I wouldn't be confident if Tyrone drew them in the back doors this year (like we seem to do every other year). I just hope some of their posters don't lose the run of themselves before any meaningful form begins to develop. 
That was never a square ball!!

giveballaghback

larryin89 to answer your question what if the ros bandwagon blows up well heres the thing, this team is a work in progress and those people who know ros football are aware that there are several more young players about to make the big breaktru in the neat couple of seasons, these are players of the highest quality and yes some of them might not make it for one reason or another but we have a deep pool of young talent and more will come to replace them, I was in croke park in 2002 when that great Tyrone team then in its infancy got completely hockeyed by Sligo in a qualifier , looked all over the place and we all know what happened after that, now im not saying ros will have that level of success but we will reach the top level, we will survive at the top level and if our cb continue to develop our young players then we will stay at the top table and if you are there you have a chance, that said for the forst time in years our minors seem to be weak, havent got to see them yet but will go to kiltoom tomorrow night. Onwards and upwards COME ON THE ROSSIES.

Syferus

Not been as good as years previous at U16 but CBS still won the Connacht A title and those players are still missing from the minor panel, hopefully we'll be making a better stab at things come the summer. Wouldn't begrudge that Leitrim team a Connacht title if we can't do it though.

It was great to see the Hyde starting to swell a bit for a league match. Winning big games in front of your home crowd is what makes young kids want to play for their county, it helps grease the wheels in a very real way. Another win next week would be fantastic.

Rossfan

None of the real Ros support losing the run of anything.
We were poor enough in 3 of our 5 games but managed 3 points from them.
Some bad Meath sides plus O'Rourke's howler plus grit got us over the line yesterday.
We have improved, hopefully can improve more but as Larryin Rhubarb tells we've beat no one of real substance yet.
2 years ago we were drawing with Wicklow and stuttering against Antrim.
Now we're batin Down,Meath and Kildare.
Onwards and upwards and hopefully the best is yet to come.
Then we may be able to sing
Then with a mighty roar
Let Erin know once more
Men of Roscommon are marching again.
As for Meath - ye're not famous any more :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

We have the good land though.
That's what counts.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

larryin89

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 23, 2015, 08:39:56 AM
Roscommon's progress this year will be fascinating. With Mayo possibly on the slide a provincial championship must be a first realistic target then who knows. It genuinely is exciting for the Championship when new teams emerge, let's hope Roscommon can fulfill their promise. I know one thing, I wouldn't be confident if Tyrone drew them in the back doors this year (like we seem to do every other year). I just hope some of their posters don't lose the run of themselves before any meaningful form begins to develop.

"Possibly"being the one word there that is the most important . Mayo are not going to give up the ghost just yet, granted there are signs like the Dublin humiliation that we could be going backwards but in mŷ experience in life spring football can be  (some of the time)very difficult to gauge where a team will be at come the summer time. Derry gave us a roasting in semi final last year and we had a good championship but. Kerry got hammered by cork a few weeks back its not going to hurt them much. Better to get a jolt in the spring than a kick in the balls in the summer.

FIAR for Mayo.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Great sign that we're going in the right direction - Eugene McGee is criticising us in the Indo today. Even the fecking wind at the Hyde got it in the neck.

He'd want to be invited to Salthill to see what real wind is.

Rossfan

Good piece by McGee. No harm at all to have some constructive criticism.
We are quite green and need to learn some tricks.
No doubt with a manager fromthe home of dirty tricks to win games we'll be improving in that Dept.  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM