The Connaught Thread

Started by Croí na hÉireann, February 17, 2015, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

A little off topic but does anybody know or have a link to what teams potentially go into A and B side of qualifiers should they lose first game. Of course gaa.ie has not mention, better chance of getting info on FA.com

Thanks in advance

macdanger2

If we lose to Galway / Leitrim, we're in B which appears to be the harder side of the draw

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/GAA%20Football%20Championships%202015.pdf

joemamas

larryin89

Rightyo, where will this years Connacht final be held if it worked out to be a Mayo v Roscomon final ?

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on April 20, 2015, 10:24:39 PM
Rightyo, where will this years Connacht final be held if it worked out to be a Mayo v Roscomon final ?

McHale. Duh.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on April 20, 2015, 10:28:56 PM

McHale. Duh.

Is that your own assumption or have you factored in that when the Hyde became a no go for finals that Roscommon would be within their right to opt out of the arrangement like Sligo and Leitrim ?

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on April 21, 2015, 12:39:41 AM

McHale. Duh.

Is that your own assumption or have you factored in that when the Hyde became a no go for finals that Roscommon would be within their right to opt of the arrangement like Sligo and Leitrim ?

We just chose a firm to do the redevelopment of the Hyde. If you or anyone thinks we'll be pissing off JP and company by taking the biggest money spinner in Connacht GAA to Salthill while at the same time looking for funding from them you're living with the birdies.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on April 21, 2015, 01:08:05 AM

McHale. Duh.

Is that your own assumption or have you factored in that when the Hyde became a no go for finals that Roscommon would be within their right to opt of the arrangement like Sligo and Leitrim ?

We just chose a firm to do the redevelopment of the Hyde. If you or anyone thinks we'll be pissing off JP and company by taking the biggest money spinner in Connacht GAA to Salthill while at the same time looking for funding from them you're living with the birdies.

http://www.gaaroscommon.ie/news/projectmanagersappointedtodrhydepark?utm_content=bufferb0eac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Ya mean this, hahaha, we'll see how this development develops . Anti climax is my bet for the overall result felt by the Roscommon gaa public. Time will tell.

Getting back to the more pressing issue , if we happen to beat Galway I believe sligo Ros will force the Hyde Salthill venue again time will tell.

weareros

McHale. Duh.

Is that your own assumption or have you factored in that when the Hyde became a no go for finals that Roscommon would be within their right to opt out of the arrangement like Sligo and Leitrim ?

The younger crop of Ros players have no fear of McHale. Actually McHale was traditionally a lucky ground for Ros and I think we went unbeaten there from 1962 to 1992. When Enon Gavin pulled the crossbar down in 92 our luck ran out. When Aidan Brady brought it down in 1962 it inspired the great Gerry O'Malley and we came back from 5 points down to beat Galway The 2006 Connacht minor win was achieved there. In 91 Dugan scored his free from 70 yards out against a gale as we watched in disbelief from the embankment and it still had plenty to spare, even Liam McHAle wasn't able to lep up and catch it. But  we still might need Evans to take a swing from the crossbar before the game, should we be so fortunate to even make the final. London first mo chara.

larryin89

Quote from: weareros on April 21, 2015, 01:39:15 AM

McHale. Duh.

The younger crop of Ros players have no fear of McHale. Actually McHale was traditionally a lucky ground for Ros and I think we went unbeaten there from 1962 to 1992. When Enon Gavin pulled the crossbar down in 92 our luck ran out. When Aidan Brady brought it down in 1962 it inspired the great Gerry O'Malley and we came back from 5 points down to beat Galway The 2006 Connacht minor win was achieved there. In 91 Dugan scored his free from 70 yards out against a gale as we watched in disbelief from the embankment and it still had plenty to spare, even Liam McHAle wasn't able to lep up and catch it. But  we still might need Evans to take a swing from the crossbar before the game, should we be so fortunate to even make the final. London first mo chara.

Thats incorrect for sure, 1983.  I'm away for some shut eye , hard days graft ahead me in the morning, good night.

Rossfan

Dugan's free was surely from his own 20 m line :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

He kicked it from Belmullet

weareros

Quote from: larryin89 on April 21, 2015, 01:48:00 AM
Quote from: weareros on April 21, 2015, 01:39:15 AM

McHale. Duh.

Thats incorrect for sure, 1983.  I'm away for some shut eye , hard days graft ahead me in the morning, good night.

Right you be on '83 but we still had 3 good decades there before 92 ushered in a woeful track record in Castlebar. So hopefully will become a lucky ground at senior again, not forgetting the Connacht title won there in 2010.

sligoman2

Should Galway Sligo and Leitrim just withdraw from the championship so mayo and Roscommon can start a 500 page Connacht final thread today?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

cuconnacht

Quote from: sligoman2 on April 22, 2015, 11:56:14 AM
Should Galway Sligo and Leitrim just withdraw from the championship so mayo and Roscommon can start a 500 page Connacht final thread today?

I don't know but ya might wanta consult London and New York gaa 1st just before you convince Galway and Leitrim of that bit of genius.
With regards Mayo threads our minister with portfolio Macdanger2(hero protector of our div 1 status in the face of adversity)cranks the engine for the Green above the Red. ;D