All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2015, 12:11:22 AM
Quote from: Slievenamon on May 04, 2015, 11:57:22 PM
I did whinge on particular incidents but I was fair on my views of the match and the Tyrone team.  I think it is only fair to give overall views and not just on the nasty stuff because the game and Tyrone had much more that just this.  I havent see all 93 pages so the podcast I am not aware of .  What channel  was it taken from do you know?

Don't be put off by the Tyrone posters here. They've a collective total of 3 senior all Ireland's and they think they invented the game. You're entitled to your opinion.

You have to realise that as far as they are concerned the only valid opinions on here are theirs . For everything else they have Plenty of former players on Twitter . It's a well oiled propaganda machine .

Ah here, da poor bleedin' Dubs, and the massed ranks of a minor county like Tír Eoghain overwhelming the twittersphere! 'Tis a bleedin' scandal I tell you, the Sam Maguire-starved whippersnappers, da bleedin' cheek of dem, it's outrageous, a feckin' disgrace! ;) :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tippabu

Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2015, 12:11:45 AM
Quote from: tippabu on May 05, 2015, 12:10:07 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2015, 12:06:44 AM
This is coming across as a county not used to playing at this level. I suppose you could say Tyrone were like that before the Harte generation. I think Canavan alluded to that in his speech in 2003.

And you can say 'well we're better off playing at a lower level if that's how it is' and good luck to you. I remember my first reserve game and my marker shook my hand, asked me about my older brother and then gave me an unmerciful flick in the knackers. This never happened at minor. After that it was a great game.

If Tipp are going to whinge about laughing and pushing then feck off back to the Tommy Murphy, God rest it.

Some of the stuff pedalled as fact in that podcast was scandalous.

such as?

The whole Facebook shite. Girlfriends. The northern way. Pre-mediated tactics if they got in front......

You know for a fact this doesnt go on? Dublin also done it in the minor final of 2011 so not just a northern thing.

The Black Mamba

Just listened to the interview in the podcast, thought he was fair and I don't think it was at all "scandalous".

theticklemister

Slievenamon

Now I know the podcast as I was listening earlier.  I think that there maybe a mix up here. The contributor was referring to an incident in the 2011 minor final when a Tipp lad was handed the ball for a penalty the Dub informed him that his sister (that he named) was lets say a good looking girl to put it mildly.  I have no evidence of this on Saturday night.   Look I hated the antics in the final 1/4 but the game was wonderful and these lads on both sides deserve huge credit for the skill levels shown. 

tippabu

Quote from: theticklemister on May 05, 2015, 12:18:06 AM
Any video available for the game?

tg4 should have it on their players in a day or two. my recording stopped due to the unfortunate delay at half time so havent been able to see any of the game beyond the tyrone goal

larryin89

Bloody hell  its a lively one this.  yer first cousins will put an end to yer squealin in a couple of weeks time.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

theticklemister

Will this thread beat the derrytresk 'knock Yer bollix in' thread for the amount of pages?

Rodman

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 05, 2015, 12:14:34 AM
I have said it before and heres the thing, gaelic football has always been a hard physical game, every team has had their hard men and cynical men, but a referee could usually deal with it when it was just a few players on each side that were at it, but now it is team policy and it is being coached into young lads that this is the way to win, there is no way our rules as they stand can cope with what is going on, the game that we all love is being dragged into the dirt, say what ye want and make all the excuses ye want what I am saying is true, I am not against northern teams, I am against any county that brings that awful aspect to our games, just have a look at the last 30 pages of this thread, what is being talked about,I just wish we had witnessed a good sporting game of football that we could all have praised and enjoyed, I have no issue with teams setting up defensively, thats their right, but I have an issue with the win at all costs tactics that have taken our game into disrepute,the word sport no longer applies to gaelic football, like I said in an earlier post to Tyrone, take a bow, ye are all-Ireland u21 champions, but at what cost?

Absolute nonsense,  you and many posters coming out with this same nonsense have obviously never played any sort of competitive sport, never mind Gaelic football.  This happens in every single sport by every single team, but if you have never played sport, then you don't understand .  You simply form your opinion by what you are told by Brolly and the media....try watching a game and form your own opinion. 

Throw ball

Quote from: tyroneman on May 04, 2015, 09:40:37 PM
Quote from: redzone on May 04, 2015, 09:28:52 PM
didn't brolly call out Kerry as the most cynical team of them all this year on league sunday after the div 1 final and spillane started shaking his head as if it was lies and looking upto the sky.
sunday game should have journalists on to analyse the game, that would give a fair and decent view of the game instead of the same shite every year.nothing but wum on here.

The problem is Brolly didn't give,say, Tadgh Kenelly all that 'less than a man' sh!te he gave Cavanagh, or lay into Kerry or Dublin players with such venom. He picks his battles usually with a selective memory too....

For a bit of balance. When Armagh played Dublin in 2003 Stephen Cluxton got sent of for kicking Stevie McDonnell. Brolly said he should never play for Dublin again he had let his team down so badly. On League Sunday this year he said Kerry were the most cynical team in Ireland. Now I believe that by accident or design northern teams do at times get harsher treatment from the media. On this matter I think you are wrong,however.

orangeman

Quote from: Slievenamon on May 05, 2015, 12:18:29 AM
Now I know the podcast as I was listening earlier.  I think that there maybe a mix up here. The contributor was referring to an incident in the 2011 minor final when a Tipp lad was handed the ball for a penalty the Dub informed him that his sister (that he named) was lets say a good looking girl to put it mildly.  I have no evidence of this on Saturday night.   Look I hated the antics in the final 1/4 but the game was wonderful and these lads on both sides deserve huge credit for the skill levels shown.

Don't be dragging Dublin into this. This sort of stuff is peddled by northern teams and by Tyrone in particular so please do not sully Dublin's good name by saying that they are guilty of this as well.

ONeill

Quote from: Slievenamon on May 05, 2015, 12:18:29 AM

No there was no mix-up. He said "it was pre-meditated  - and the Tyrone manager said it wasn't". He was referring to Facebook etc. He was making this up. You could tell by how watery on it. Then the journalist tried to bring it up again with the next interviewee. It really was pathetic.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Players were "spat at" too??? Doors kicked in???

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: larryin89 on May 05, 2015, 12:19:46 AM
Bloody hell  its a lively one this.  yer first cousins will put an end to yer squealin in a couple of weeks time.

When idiots from Connacht keep sticking an oar in where really there's no need, then you can expect fireworks, especially when some Dubs should know better too, since neither of your provinces were involved in the final! :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

"One of the Tyrone defenders, for 45 mins, smiled at him and talked into his ear. It was scandalous."

Then the journalist talks about Tyrone doing their homework on family members and how they were a disgrace to the organisation.

What a shower.