All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 19, 2015, 07:16:01 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
Oh, do not open that can of worms.

McNulty essentially assaulted Ronan Daly for over a minute, choking, pushing, pulling, wrestling him to the ground nevermind a few jabs. This happened near the end when Tyrone had the match as good as won and he was clearly taunting Daly too. All he wanted was for the ref to see it and spend an age trying to figure out what happened. It went on so long other Roscommon players had to go over to Daly to get the joker off him and he still didn't stop until the referee finally noticed what had become a five or six person melee. Genuinely one of the most pointlessly prolonged dirty acts I've seen on a football field.

You won fair and square, why engage in that shite?

So he just picked on him for no reason, when the game was in the bag and the Roscommon player let him push, pull, punch and wrestle him whilst passively standing there? That's awful stuff! Poor old Roscommon, the definition of restraint. Maybe you'll win the fair play league?

Read that again and tell me where I said that.

INDIANA

McNulty essentially assaulted Ronan Daly for over a minute, choking, pushing, pulling, wrestling him to the ground nevermind a few jabs. This happened near the end when Tyrone had the match as good as won and he was clearly taunting Daly too. All he wanted was for the ref to see it and spend an age trying to figure out what happened. It went on so long other Roscommon players had to go over to Daly to get the joker off him and he still didn't stop until the referee finally noticed what had become a five or six person melee. Genuinely one of the most pointlessly prolonged dirty acts I've seen on a football field.

So he just picked on him for no reason, when the game was in the bag and the Roscommon player let him push, pull, punch and wrestle him whilst passively standing there? That's awful stuff! Poor old Roscommon, the definition of restraint. Maybe you'll win the fair play league?

Tyrone have won feck all recently so you'd probably be happy with the fair play league as well

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 07:18:37 PM

Ah right so it was six of one then? You implied it was all McNultys fault!
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Briseann an dùchas.........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 19, 2015, 07:23:12 PM

It was 100% instigated and continued by McNulty. You can dress it in a frilly dress if you want but it was what it was.

StGallsGAA

It was 100% instigated and continued by McNulty. You can dress it in a frilly dress if you want but it was what it was.
Nope,  that's just your opinion.  You need to be able to distinguish fact from opinion otherwise you make statements that just make you look silly.

An Watcher

Any idea where and when the final will be played?

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on April 19, 2015, 07:22:12 PM

Tyrone have won feck all recently so you'd probably be happy with the fair play league as well

What are you saying is they are the aristocrats of under 21 football. Unlike counties like Mayo who lack a winning mentality and Manliness. Their record speaks for itself. You have to only go back 14 years to their last win at this grade. Feck you have to go back to 2006 the last time them whimps from Mayo won a god damn AI at under 21! I fear greatly for Tipperary in the final!  ;D

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 07:55:40 PM

Ah sure you did very well. You lasted just over 24 hours before pointing the finger at the big bad nordies for bullying your fellas. Most counties barely make to the end of the game.

larryin89

I really don't understand the accusations being directed at Tyrone for bullying or any other underhand tactic. They played mighty stuff and took some wonderful scores against a very good Roscommon team . I think it was all about the start myself Tyrone came out of the traps like greyhounds and got a decent lead , gave them the upper hand from an early stage.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 19, 2015, 09:12:17 PM

Ah sure you did very well. You lasted just over 24 hours before pointing the finger at the big bad nordies for bullying your fellas. Most counties barely make to the end of the game.

Grow up Benny. I even said in the post (in response to O'Niell serious/not serious commentary on another incident) that Tyrone won fair and square.

I don't see what there is for you or anyone to gain from defending that pathetic sort of stuff, the player should be told by management to cop on and be the better man. it just reflects poorly on him and on Tyrone otherwise.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 09:35:03 PM

Grow up Benny. I even said in the post (in response to O'Niell serious/not serious commentary on another incident) that Tyrone won fair and square.

I don't see what there is for you or anyone to gain from defending that pathetic sort of stuff, the player should be told by management to cop on and be the better man. it just reflects poorly on him and on Tyrone otherwise.

Ah come on, just by sticking on the end of your post that Tyrone won fair and square, doesn't mean that you can make all sorts of accusations about a player, (calling him a joker who had choked, pushed, pulled and punched one of your players) without someone picking you up on your comments. Your little story smacks of sour grapes which aren't evident in any other Rossie who has posted on here.

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2015, 06:58:52 PM
There was n incident in the second half when a Roscommon forward and McGeary were codding about and handbagging. The Ros defender then fell like a sack of spuds, holding his face. He tried to get the Tyrone man sent off. Luckily the game played on around him and after looking at this through his hands he sprung up and played on. It was a despicable act. Real Premier League stuff.
that winds me up tarra. In the old days thered be a proper thump and bruise technique used.  Nowadays theres not enough proper  heavy hits and manly kimsies.  If i was the ref id almost as default assume a dive as the physicality is near gone.  The wee edge sets up the qualifier later in the year well. 

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 19, 2015, 09:49:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 09:35:03 PM

Ah come on, just by sticking on the end of your post that Tyrone won fair and square, doesn't mean that you can make all sorts of accusations about a player, (calling him a joker who had choked, pushed, pulled and punched one of your players) without someone picking you up on your comments. Your little story smacks of sour grapes which aren't evident in any other Rossie who has posted on here.

It's not an accusation, it happened in full view of a filled stand and the crowd was trying to get the referee to turn around for the better part of a minute.

If you think pointing out stupid behaviour and saying it had nothing to do with the result is sour grapes I really don't know what to say. The siege mentality just seemed to kick in with you and any criticism is refuted as being part of some sort of 'gang up on the Nordies' conspiracy.

Armamike

Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 09:58:28 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2015, 06:58:52 PM
There was n incident in the second half when a Roscommon forward and McGeary were codding about and handbagging. The Ros defender then fell like a sack of spuds, holding his face. He tried to get the Tyrone man sent off. Luckily the game played on around him and after looking at this through his hands he sprung up and played on. It was a despicable act. Real Premier League stuff.
that winds me up tarra. In the old days thered be a proper thump and bruise technique used.  Nowadays theres not enough proper  heavy hits and manly kimsies.  If i was the ref id almost as default assume a dive as the physicality is near gone.  The wee edge sets up the qualifier later in the year well.

lol
That's just, like your opinion man.