All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Just a few random thoughts for now. Congratulations to Tyrone on an excellent performance and victory. Looked the likely winners from the word go..Tyrone had the ability to run through Ros at will with our lads brushed aside. Thought some of the Ros players looked lightweight up against that Tyrone team. The defence is the weakness in this team, as evidenced by the concession of 0-12, 3-11 and 0-17 in our 3 games. Can't see too many future Seniors out of that defence. I'm afraid that Ros were an overhyped team, but it has to be stated that a lot of this hype was fuelled from outside the county. Thanks to this group of players for another Connacht title. They'll go their seperate ways now, some onto Senior, whilst some of them will probably never wear a Ros jersey again. But that's for another day. They came up against a better team, best of luck to Tyrone in the final.

manfromdelmonte

Well done Tipp.

Semi finals are there to be won, simple as.
Tyrone had the homework done and exploited the deficiencies in the Ros back line and midfield.
Serious experience on the sideline for Tyrone

INDIANA

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 18, 2015, 08:31:51 PM
Well done Tipp.

Tyrone had the homework done and exploited the deficiencies in the Ros back line and midfield.

I fancy Tipp to win it myself based on the two games today. They've a terrific spine to their team. Will be a very close run thing.

Two best teams in the final by far.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on April 18, 2015, 08:36:20 PM
Well done Tipp.

I fancy Tipp to win it myself based on the two games today. They've a terrific spine to their team. Will be a very close run thing.

Tipp played in the Hastings Shield final though, Indy. Bound to be worth a few points for Tyrone at least.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
Well done Tipp.

Tipp played in the Hastings Shield final though, Indy. Bound to be worth a few points for Tyrone at least.

true game over for then so

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
Well done Tipp.

Disappointing for Ros.

JoG2

Only caught the 2nd game. Serious amount of unforced errors by Roscommon.  They should have pushed big 14 up on the square as he was doing more harm than good out the field. 

2 teams in all ireland semi should not have had to play a match on a purdy field like they did today

Fair play to Tipp,  great result

The Black Mamba

Tyrone far better team deserved the win. Awful stuff from us at times, sloppy passing and just looked very lethargic. Piss poor referee didn't help the game but the better team won in the end. Guess we don't have to worry about resting the U-21s next week so ....

rrhf

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 18, 2015, 08:27:25 PM
Just a few random thoughts for now. Congratulations to Tyrone on an excellent performance and victory. Looked the likely winners from the word go..Tyrone had the ability to run through Ros at will with our lads brushed aside. Thought some of the Ros players looked lightweight up against that Tyrone team. The defence is the weakness in this team, as evidenced by the concession of 0-12, 3-11 and 0-17 in our 3 games. Can't see too many future Seniors out of that defence. I'm afraid that Ros were an overhyped team, but it has to be stated that a lot of this hype was fuelled from outside the county. Thanks to this group of players for another Connacht title. They'll go their seperate ways now, some onto Senior, whilst some of them will probably never wear a Ros jersey again. But that's for another day. They came up against a better team, best of luck to Tyrone in the final.
There's no doubt that ros as a county are pushing forward and have a great 10 years ahead of them.  Something took them off the boil today. That happens.. We are delighted to  get to the final after a number of average years and we will take on an immense new force in tipp.  We will give it our best shot. Real hard luck to the young dubs and rossies.   Well done to tipp and Tyrone.  Any word on fixture. 

Rossfan

Better team won.
All the cynical Tyrone stuff as usual. Thought a few of them were shot at times the way they went down.
Piss poor Ref and not good enough for an A I S F.
Biting my tongue at the moment except for one comment-
Is there anyone in Co Roscommon who knows how to defend or anyone that can coach defenders ?
We haven't a fcukin clue how to defend either by man marking or blanket.
Enough said. Time for a pint.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ringfort

Disappointing from a Ros perspective. But Tyrone were easily the better team. Well done to them. Beat Roscommon in every department. Wasted very little whereas we fumbled and misplaced a lot of ball. The Tyrone backs were nearly always out in front when we let it in. In contrast whatever ball they put in direct their forwards were out first, but in general they carried strongly through the middle and made it look easy ghosting past our lads. I find the running game hard on the eye and a major gripe of mine with the modern game is that players are allowed take 6,7,8 steps while being tackled. Credit to Tyrone they did not resort to this and soloed around our boys like they weren't there. As mentioned their score kicking was top notch. Once they got into the scoring zone it was going over. We found it very difficult to get the ball to stick in the forwards as the Tyrone backs were everywhere.

Overall they were the more tenacious and composed team and won fairly comfortably. The favourites tag didn't suit us though. You could feel the ambush was coming. Before throw in a Tyrone man said to me 'don't bate us too badly' with a chuckle. They found themselves in a lovely position whereas us with nothing but a few underage Connachts and plenty of failures to go with it were somehow second favourites for an AI!

Anyway hopefully a few of these players will deliver us a senior provincial title or two over the next number of years. Hon the Ros.

Farrandeelin

Next thinh seafoid will be along belittling Ros's efforts outside Connacht. All Irelands are very hard won. Only caught the last 15 mins on tv, but Tyrone took some lovely scores. Ros laboured with theirs. Tyrone backs on top for most of the bit I saw.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

When will our managements and players stop worrying about favourites tags.
As for next year - I fear we won't be going too far as 2013 was the start of bad minor teams.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BluestackBoy

Congratulations to bot Tipp & Tyrone on todays semis.

Really looking forward to the final.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2015, 07:46:56 PM
Out-thought, out-fought. Better team by a very clear margin won. We had no answer to the Tyrone system that still remains as difficult a proposition when played correctly as it ever has.

Like Cork and Cavan before us, that's four recent provincials with no national trophy to show for all that work. Underage is in good fettle in the county but today was just as bitterly disappointing a performance as last year's AI final. The parralels to Mayo at senior are becoming a little too true for comfort.

Really!! I can t see any meaningful parallels myself and cant understand why you would try to drag Mayo into this  ;D ;D
When you choke, you choke. Every county is on it s own.