All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

It wasn't a grin it was an involuntary nervous twitch of sheer fear.

From the Bunker

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 18, 2015, 07:30:58 PM
Quote from: tiempo on April 18, 2015, 07:17:54 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 18, 2015, 07:03:05 PM
Tyrone keeping Ros at arms length. A Tyrone sort of game. A goal is what Ros need! Rocket science stuff there in those comments!!!  :-\

Enlighten me?

Not open! Hard to get scores. War of attrition! The game Tyrone has been used to in Ulster. Roscommon had not encountered this type of game in Connacht!

Enlightened?

Tyrone play in a war of attrition, Connacht team can't handle it because they don't play like that in the west ::) Rocket science level analysis there. Any other Pat Spillane style stereotypes you want to throw in there to enlighten us further?
That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Well, well, maybe the bookies can take their heads out of their well feathered arses now!  8) Commiserations Rossies.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 18, 2015, 07:41:59 PM
Tyrone keeping Ros at arms length. A Tyrone sort of game. A goal is what Ros need! Rocket science stuff there in those comments!!!  :-\

Enlighten me?

Not open! Hard to get scores. War of attrition! The game Tyrone has been used to in Ulster. Roscommon had not encountered this type of game in Connacht!

Enlightened?

Tyrone play in a war of attrition, Connacht team can't handle it because they don't play like that in the west ::) Rocket science level analysis there. Any other Pat Spillane style stereotypes you want to throw in there to enlighten us further?

I said that already about my Comment. Did you not read it?

Syferus

Out-thought, out-fought. Better team by a very clear margin won. We had no answer to the Tyrone system that still remains as difficult a proposition when played correctly as it ever has.

Like Cork and Cavan before us, that's four recent provincials with no national trophy to show for all that work. Underage is in good fettle in the county but today was just as bitterly disappointing a performance as last year's AI final. The parralels to Mayo at senior are becoming a little too true for comfort.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2015, 07:46:56 PM
Out-thought, out-fought. Better team by a very clear margin won. We had no answer to the Tyrone system that still remains as difficult a proposition when played correctly as it ever has.

Like Cork and Cavan before us, that's four recent provincials with no national trophy to show for all that work. Underage is in good fettle in the county but today was just as bitterly disappointing a performance as last year's AI final. The parralels to Mayo at senior are becoming a little too true for comfort.

At this stage of competition you will not get away (normally) with anything. Ros were flat, but only because Tyrone (to their credit) made them flat. That coupled with a referee who got a bit lost in what sort of a game he was refereeing! So much so that the Ros players even felt agrieved even when they were in the wrong!

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 18, 2015, 07:46:26 PM

Enlighten me?

Enlightened?

My apologies, I thought your comment was in reference to someone else's analysis! I do think though, that the Tyrone performance deserves a little more credit that a "typical Tyrone" "war of attrition"  stereotypical style analysis. They scored 17 points and were dominant throughout against a very good Roscommon team. But I get your point.
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Absolutely delighted. Fan f**king tastic.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 18, 2015, 08:01:52 PM

I should say I am referring to Tipp.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 18, 2015, 07:57:10 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 18, 2015, 07:46:26 PM

Enlighten me?

Enlightened?

My apologies, I thought your comment was in reference to someone else's analysis! I do think though, that the Tyrone performance deserves a little more credit that a "typical Tyrone" "war of attrition"  stereotypical style analysis. They scored 17 points and were dominant throughout against a very good Roscommon team. But I get your point.

Oh total credit to Tyrone, they controlled the pace and tone of the game. The analysis is stereotypical. But hey that's Ulster Football at the moment. What annoys me is other counties who do the same and get zero sh1te for doing it and are AI champions?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DuffleKing

Quote from: Syferus on April 18, 2015, 06:43:55 PM
Quote from: rrhf on April 18, 2015, 06:42:49 PM
We deserve more.  Probably should have had a penalty as well to be fair.  Think we have the all round better footballers and a better balance in our team but I expect Roscommon to slip off the duvet and come at us more this half.

Lol

Indeed

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 18, 2015, 08:02:29 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 18, 2015, 08:01:52 PM

I should say I am referring to Tipp.

Ah feck. You should have left the last comment out, just to screw with the minds of some of those that don't pay attention.
MWWSI 2017

weareros

Congrats to Tyrone. By a long shot, the better team. Fitter, physically more imposing, better game plan and man could they score their points. Some amazing scores there today and Tyrone would not have been flattered with a 10 point winning margin. Bitterly disappointed as I did believe this Roscommon team had the talent and players to go all the way - but I spared them the hype that some in the local media and others heaped on them, foolishly ignoring that Ros don't handle favourtism well and these are young lads after all and that kind of stuff does them no favours. Lads like Dairmuid Murtagh, Ultan Harney and Enda Smith (burned out from Sigerson, senior and U21) will have better days. Poor ref who didn't know the rules (picking up the knees let go lots of times) but contributed in no way to the overall result and bad for both teams. Very disappointing that 4 Connacht U21 titles has not led to any silverware but the important thing is we are producing some good players that will hopefully lead us to being competitive in Connacht at senior again. Hard luck to the lads and well done Tyrone. Will be a very interesting final.