All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Mamba

Roscommon will play Tyrone on Saturday 18th April at 6pm in the All Ireland U-21 semi final in Markievicz Park, Sligo

Syferus

Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 10, 2015, 03:51:32 PM
Roscommon will play Tyrone on Saturday 18th April at 6pm in the All Ireland U-21 semi final in Markievicz Park, Sligo

Much better, but what the hell caused the immediate change?

The Black Mamba

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2015, 03:53:05 PM
Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 10, 2015, 03:51:32 PM

Much better, but what hell caused the immediate change?
7pm in Cavan was far too late, yeah it's very unusual to have it changed so soon after the initial announcement.

Rossfan

A nice run up the N61 and N4 is better than batin yer way through the twisty roads of Laythrum not to mention Killeshandra.
I heard Breffni is being used for some other purposes that day??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

giveballaghback

Told ye it might go to Sligo, lets hope its a fine day and no wind, sligo can be very windy at times, the small pitch will suit Tyrone and their non game stop football at all costs system, they played it in the minor semi final a couple of years ago against us and our sideline did not react and they won a game they should have been beaten out the door in, thankfully Mayo were ready for them in the final and did beat them out the door. Wont be a game like Tuam but I think the Rossies have enough to get the win.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: mjg on April 10, 2015, 10:44:27 AM
Dublin 5/4
Roscommon 5/4
Tyrone 13/2
Tipp 7/1

Great value on Tyrone.

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 10, 2015, 07:19:50 PM
Told ye it might go to Sligo, lets hope its a fine day and no wind, sligo can be very windy at times, the small pitch will suit Tyrone and their non game stop football at all costs system, they played it in the minor semi final a couple of years ago against us and our sideline did not react and they won a game they should have been beaten out the door in, thankfully Mayo were ready for them in the final and did beat them out the door. Wont be a game like Tuam but I think the Rossies have enough to get the win.
Mayo won by one score. 2-13 to 1-13.

giveballaghback

Beat them in every line of the field, Tyrone were lucky not to have lost by ten.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2015, 03:49:47 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 10, 2015, 03:45:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2015, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: Canalman on April 10, 2015, 02:52:53 PM
Quote from: tippabu on April 10, 2015, 02:24:20 PM
Quote from: cuconnacht on April 10, 2015, 09:15:58 AM
Quote from: tippabu on April 09, 2015, 11:08:30 PM
Brilliant performance tonight, we were far better than cork who after Vaughan were very limited. I wasn't overly optimistic tonight given all the players we are missing but got  brilliant performances throughout. I don't think we have anywhere near enough for Dublin,  tonight we only used two subs one was for an injury, weak enough bench. That's for another day though, let's just celebrate this tonight. To the person who named 3 players as "the " best at under 21, trust me Stephen o brien and Colin o riordan are up there with as good as you'll see, Colin under 21 again next year
They were saying pretty much the same on their prospects against Cork all week,best not to be driven by media opinion but drive it by your own success.Wonderful win for The Premier and I dare say there`ll be an extra bit o swagger with the tipp boys and girls round town this weekend,aris abu.

I was saying that but I also believed it, I thought cork were better than they actually were. I presume Dublin had scouts down and will have a game plan to deal with our influential players. Last night we made two subs, 1 through injury, I think that shows that we haven't really the depth. We'll travel to tullamore in hope rather than expectation but it will be a massive shock if we pull off a win

Eh, the guts of that team won the AI minor in 2011. Biteen of Kerrying there I think.
Some of the Dublin players anyway will be still sore after that minor defeat and won't lack for motivation.

Will be close.

Really looking forward to seeing this Roscommon team in flesh on TG4 . Have gone into joint favourites now I see so must have some amount of money wagered on them.

Isn't there something only six 2011 panelists available to Tipp this year? This U21 team is the guts of the team team that followed the AI winners. They won their year's Munster minor title too. If they can beat Cork they can beat Dublin.
Maybe they can . If we turn up in good form I doubt they will beat us. I wasn't expecting Cork to beat us either . Dublin were AI minor champions in 2012 at this grades players

Still think the team that lost to Tipp were a better Dublin minor team. The 2012 team was mainly Costello taking games by the scruff of the neck. Not unlike like that year's minor hurling team, actually. And ye did get gimmes in the Leinster and AI finals, Lord knows how Mayo bungled their AISF against Meath but they managed to anyways. We played the Kerry team off the field in our AIQF but couldn't shoot for shite and they put up little resistant to that Dublin team in the AISF too.

Clearly the panel has developed in the intervening years, though.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Conor Mc Hugh has developed into one of the best u21's in the country. Two lads off the minors last year Collie Basquel and eoin Murchan have been stars this year. This team is a far better team then won the 2012 AI Minor Title and it will be hard bet.
I'm a lot more confident now then I was a few weeks back. I'd expect us to make the final- not sure after that.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 10, 2015, 08:00:49 PM
Beat them in every line of the field, Tyrone were lucky not to have lost by ten.
Wouldn't agree. In the first half Mayo were held scoreless from play were behind 0-5 to 0-4 and scored a goal just before the break that was a turning point that set Mayo on their way to winning that final.

rodney trotter

Not much point discussing that team, that will be next years U21 team. The main player on that team for Tyrone is playing AFL now, Conor McKenna

Syferus

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 10, 2015, 09:35:22 PM
Not much point discussing that team, that will be next years U21 team. The main player on that team for Tyrone is playing AFL now, Conor McKenna

I was listening to the Ulster final on Ocean FM and there was a McKenna for Tyrone playing, I'd thought it was that lad. Is he related?

The Black Mamba

Is Frank Burns(If I recall his name correctly) playing for the Tyrone U-21s? He really stood out in that minor team playing the sweeper role.

nrico2006

Arguably the main players from the 2012 and 2013 Tyrone minor teams are not playing anymore.  What has happened James McGahan since minor level?   As for the 2013 minor match between Tyrone and Roscommon, the best team won that day fair and square.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Black Mamba on April 10, 2015, 10:36:52 PM
Is Frank Burns(If I recall his name correctly) playing for the Tyrone U-21s? He really stood out in that minor team playing the sweeper role.

Yep, played in the win against Donegal on Wednesday evening.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 10, 2015, 11:49:43 PM
Arguably the main players from the 2012 and 2013 Tyrone minor teams are not playing anymore.  What has happened James McGahan since minor level?   As for the 2013 minor match between Tyrone and Roscommon, the best team won that day fair and square.

Please don't mention fairness. Your fair team kicked away our keeper's kick-out at one stage in that match.