All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Congrats to Tipp, absolutely brilliant achievement. With all due respect to them, you'd get sick ,year after year, of watching the likes of Dublin, Kerry, Cork etc winning everything in sight at all age levels. This win will mean more to Tipperary people than it would have done in Cork..What the Gaa really needs now is a Tipperary v Roscommon Final.

JBM on the 21

Fair play to Tipp. Munster needs them to break up the Cork / Kerry duopoly. I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that they had targeted a Senior football All-Ireland by 2020. Good on them to keep at it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 09, 2015, 09:08:34 PM
Congrats to Tipp, absolutely brilliant achievement. With all due respect to them, you'd get sick ,year after year, of watching the likes of Dublin, Kerry, Cork etc winning everything in sight at all age levels. This win will mean more to Tipperary people than it would have done in Cork..What the Gaa really needs now is a Tipperary v Roscommon Final.

I really couldn't care who we got if we beat Tyrone. And we or Tipp are hardly Cinderellas at underage these days. Time to become the team that annoys others with their consistency.

Shrewdness

Syferus, compared to the long standing traditions of Dublin, Kerry and Cork, the likes of Ros and Tipp are indeed cinderellas at underage level, and that was my original point.

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 09, 2015, 09:19:58 PM
Syferus, compared to the long standing traditions of Dublin, Kerry and Cork, the likes of Ros and Tipp are indeed cinderellas at underage level, and that was my original point.

Tyrone moved past that phase themselves. It's only natural that we have to as well if we have ambition.

Westside

I want to see a Ros v Dublin Final. Roscommon have boxed far above their weight at underage for a number of years, played fantastic football and been involved in some wonderful games. They deserve a chance to get another crack at Dublin and bring back the All Ireland. Smith, Murtagh and Costello are the 3 best U21 players in Ireland.

Jinxy

O'Riordan from Tipp is a savage footballer.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Delighted for Tipp and especially to hear O'Riordan was fit to play and played so well after his unfortunate injury against Sligo.

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on April 09, 2015, 10:43:22 PM
I want to see a Ros v Dublin Final. Roscommon have boxed far above their weight at underage for a number of years, played fantastic football and been involved in some wonderful games. They deserve a chance to get another crack at Dublin and bring back the All Ireland. Smith, Murtagh and Costello are the 3 best U21 players in Ireland.

Thanks for the sentiment.. but watch out for Harney. The lad is every bit as talented as Murtagh and Smith, he had injury troubles last year but still scored that screamer of a goal against Cork. My MotM in the Connacht final. He was great for the 2013 minors when they played Tyrone in an AISF as well so it will be interesting how he gets on this time. McKenna was some player for that Tyrone team too.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2015, 09:11:47 PM

I really couldn't care who we got if we beat Tyrone. And we or Tipp are hardly Cinderellas at underage these days. Time to become the team that annoys others with their consistency.

A bit like you Syf.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tippabu

Brilliant performance tonight, we were far better than cork who after Vaughan were very limited. I wasn't overly optimistic tonight given all the players we are missing but got  brilliant performances throughout. I don't think we have anywhere near enough for Dublin,  tonight we only used two subs one was for an injury, weak enough bench. That's for another day though, let's just celebrate this tonight. To the person who named 3 players as "the " best at under 21, trust me Stephen o brien and Colin o riordan are up there with as good as you'll see, Colin under 21 again next year

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on April 09, 2015, 11:01:36 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2015, 09:11:47 PM

A bit like you Syf.  :D

Someone has to be right.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Serious win for Tipperary. Fair play to them. Hope they get some backing from GAA people and the board in the county and push on at Senior level.
Cork management have been getting away with poor decisions due to the talent at their disposal, but it caught up with them eventually. Kerry could easily have beaten them with a bit of tactical nous as they were brutal in the middle of the field. Ian Maguire a huge loss to them in fairness.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus