All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Mamba

Anyone else watching it think Smith looked a bit tired at stages? He was brilliant in the lead up to Kenny's goal but didn't look himself for quite a bit of the match. Cracking game though and nice to get the Galway hoodoo off our backs.

Shrewdness

What a game. Would like to pay tribute to both teams for serving up a cracker of a match. We knew Roscommon had a good team, but fair play to Galway, they matched us stride for stride, with only a kick of a ball in the end. The future of both counties Senior teams is in safe hands if this evening is anything to go by.. After the cricket score win over Sligo, a lot of people were asking how Ros would react when they would meet a test. This evening answered that. This game will have done this team a power of good. Great to see Thomas Corcoran coming on.

giveballaghback

What do you think of that Joe Brolly, as good a game of football that you will see this year or any year, both teams threw the kitchen sink at it and it was end to end all tru, top class scores by both team and the very highest quality of team play, it was a forwards day the only negative for the Rossies was their wide tally but Galway had pressure on the kick at all times, to win and learn is the ultimate result and Ros will have learned a lot about themselves this evening, Murtagh got motm but imo both Harney and Compton had better games not that it matters, onwards and upwards< Ulster champs next in 2 weeks time cant wait but there is a little matter of Mullingar tomorrow, have my pacemaker on charge after this evening, hope tomorrow is not as hard on it, come on the Rossies, THE BEST IS YET TO COME.

Hound

Quote from: giveballaghback on April 04, 2015, 10:09:09 PM
What do you think of that Joe Brolly, as good a game of football that you will see this year or any year, both teams threw the kitchen sink at it and it was end to end all tru, top class scores by both team and the very highest quality of team play, it was a forwards day the only negative for the Rossies was their wide tally but Galway had pressure on the kick at all times, to win and learn is the ultimate result and Ros will have learned a lot about themselves this evening, Murtagh got motm but imo both Harney and Compton had better games not that it matters, onwards and upwards< Ulster champs next in 2 weeks time cant wait but there is a little matter of Mullingar tomorrow, have my pacemaker on charge after this evening, hope tomorrow is not as hard on it, come on the Rossies, THE BEST IS YET TO COME.
Are you saying if you do meet the Dubs you'll meet fire with fire rather than setting up defensivley?
I hope that's the case but I doubt it

Zulu

Why would you doubt it? It seems the strength of this Roscommon team is in their forwards and unlike many other U21 teams they might even have the edge on the Dubs in that department so I'd expect Roscommon to go toe to toe with the Dubs should they meet.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 04, 2015, 10:17:37 PM
Why would you doubt it? It seems the strength of this Roscommon team is in their forwards and unlike many other U21 teams they might even have the edge on the Dubs in that department so I'd expect Roscommon to go toe to toe with the Dubs should they meet.

Like f**k we'd go toe-to-toe with Dublin.

rodney trotter

You must have missed the All Ireland final last year.

Shrewdness

Management will be glad to have a few issues to raise, which will ensure that the team comes back down to earth quickly..Apart from the wides, no doubt the concession of 3 goals will be scrutinised.

Zulu

Give the poor mouth a rest Syferus, you'll win or lose it no matter what anyone here says so just enjoy having a cracking football team to support. Many of the rest of us would love to have one!

Zulu

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 04, 2015, 10:22:59 PM

You must have missed the All Ireland final last year.

What happened?

giveballaghback

We have an all ireland semi-final to play first and unlike the dubs there is no way we will look past that, show a bit of respect to the Munster champions before ye start playing the final, maybe ye should have showed Donegal a bit of respect last year as well.

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 04, 2015, 10:24:40 PM
Give the poor mouth a rest Syferus, you'll win or lose it no matter what anyone here says so just enjoy having a cracking football team to support. Many of the rest of us would love to have one!

Did you see the 2014 U21 AI final by any chance?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on April 04, 2015, 10:27:24 PM
Quote from: Zulu on April 04, 2015, 10:24:40 PM

Did you see the 2014 U21 AI final by any chance?
That was then, this is now. Best of luck to Ros.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

You mean the one where Roscommon lost to Dublin?

Syferus

Quote from: Zulu on April 04, 2015, 10:32:20 PM
You mean the one where Roscommon lost to Dublin?

By 'lost' don't you mean 19 points down after 35 minutes?