All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 22, 2015, 12:37:56 AM
Galway are sure to play this in the seaside wind tunnel to make it as hard as possible for us.
Would ya blame them?
We need to lay this particular bogey once and for all. Won't be easy as Galway got a test while we had a training spin.
if ye are good enough ye will win

To never have considered losing
As if to win is by your choosing

galwayman

Damo Comer was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.
He stood out a mile.
Conor Cunningham was also really good when he came on.
We have problems up front though.Our free taking was pathetic.
There was at least 3 frees that you would normally consider to be routine that were missed as well as other more difficult ones.
Along with that Comer was the only player really in the forwards that stood out.
Each of the other 5 didn't do an awful lot.
Mayo were very poor on the night.Very pedestrian.
Have been going to Galway-Mayo underage games for a long time and that was the poorest Mayo team/performance I can remember seeing.

giveballaghback

Agree totally seafoid, may the best team win and go all the way, Mayo have been poor at u21 level for several years and this will follow on the bigger stage as sure as night follows day,  Galway never have poor underage teams,  natural footballers and will always give a good account of themselves, as for rosfans assessment that we did not have a hard game against Sligo and wont be properly prepared well thats just an insult to years of hard work put in by players and  back room staff and sounds like Mayo whining a couple of years ago when they had a handy Connacht senior championship, just hope the game is in that great football theatre Tuam stadium, the best venue in the province by a mile, why or why did ye not bring that great stadium up to modern standards instead of salthill, im sure Galway football people are as puzzled as the rest of Connacht football supporters, so heres to a cracker, could be a football feast, really looking forward to it.   

manfromdelmonte

Is the pitch in Salthill in really poor condition, or did I imagine that on the RTE program two weeks ago?

giveballaghback

Pitch is fine if you dont fall into one of the 200 drains, whatever chance of playing football I do not know how they played hurling on it, its time Galway abandoned this place, with property rising again its a premium piece of ground and its sale would go a long way to developing tuam stadium and a nice hurling pitch in the south of the county or even one pitch away from the winds and rain of the Atlantic sea with proper access and parking for patrons

seafoid

Quote from: giveballaghback on March 22, 2015, 11:41:43 AM
Pitch is fine if you dont fall into one of the 200 drains, whatever chance of playing football I do not know how they played hurling on it, its time Galway abandoned this place, with property rising again its a premium piece of ground and its sale would go a long way to developing tuam stadium and a nice hurling pitch in the south of the county or even one pitch away from the winds and rain of the Atlantic sea with proper access and parking for patrons
the sawdoctors should really write a song about bringing county matches back to Tuam

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 22, 2015, 09:29:41 AM
Dunno Rossfan, Galway didn't score for the last 19 mins of the game and still won by 4. I wasn't at the match but that suggests they weren't tested too much.

Not tested at all. Second year in a row where we offered no threat in the championship. The warning signs were there in Leitrim game.
Not sure it matters much. As likely to get senior players out of a losing team as a winning team and I think there are 4 seniors in that team which is a decent enough return.

One caveat I would have for future oppositions regarding Galway is that, even with our obvious inadequacies, they looked very well organised defensively. Realising that Mayo's game depended on runners like Hall, Durkan, Regan Burke and O Connor, they dropped off and put a mass of players in a band accross the middle forcing Mayo over and back the field. The didn t press up on kick-out conceding possession to Mayo each time and more often than not turned it over before long. Their midfield was on top for their own kick-outs.

Playing a sweeper ourselves we were ounumbered ourselves inside as well with no real size for target either.

galwayman

The Galway Gaa website has the Connacht final down for 2:30pm on Easter Saturday in Hyde Park.
Is this a mistake? The last Galway-Ros game in u21 was the final of 2013 which was also in the Hyde so I would have assumed it would be a Galway venue?

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on March 23, 2015, 08:47:42 AM
The Galway Gaa website has the Connacht final down for 2:30pm on Easter Saturday in Hyde Park.
Is this a mistake? The last Galway-Ros game in u21 was the final of 2013 which was also in the Hyde so I would have assumed it would be a Galway venue?

The word from yer side of the Suck is that it's down for Tuam, it's definitely a home game for Galway. I think both sides would be happy about that choice of a venue.

Rossfan

Galway due a home game. Some on stolensheep saying it's in Tuam which I suspect may be wishful thinking.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Venue will be announced tonight as far as i know.

Rossfan

I imagine JP and the Connacht Treasurer will want it in Tuam but if it's Galway CB's choice....Wind tunnel.

gibbs32

Rossies looking good.3/1 to win al. Get on get on get on

Rossfan

Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2015, 09:12:51 AM
I imagine JP and the Connacht Treasurer will want it in Tuam but if it's Galway CB's choice....Wind tunnel.
JP won out. Tuam 6 pm.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2015, 08:38:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 23, 2015, 09:12:51 AM
JP won out. Tuam 6 pm.

It's been known to be Tuam since the morning after the Mayo-Galway match.. Galway had their venue decided immediately. I doubt JP had anything to do with it.