All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

Mayo 0.07 Galway 1.11.Mayo taking another tanking for the 2ind year in a row

Blowitupref

Comer the star of the show with 1-5. Galway 1-12 Mayo 0-9 with about 10 mins to go.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

maigheo

FT Mayo 0.11 Galway 1.12.Patrick Durcan straight red right after a disallowed goal.First Galway win over Mayo since 2005 at this level

larryin89

Quote from: maigheo on March 21, 2015, 06:18:47 PM
FT Mayo 0.11 Galway 1.12.Patrick Durcan straight red right after a disallowed goal.First Galway win over Mayo since 2005 at this level

That's not true , sure it was only in tuam in 13 since they beat us
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Chimley

Another year and yet again a poor enough show.

giveballaghback

........... salthill on easter saturday for ...k sake

maigheo

Quote from: larryin89 on March 21, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

That's not true , sure it was only in tuam in 13 since they beat us
yes you are right.Forgot about that game.Another disappointing day for Mayo.Read an interview with Niall Heffernan in the Mayo News and it did not leave me with much hope for this panel.The aim of this competition is to win the dam thing and not waffling on about preparing players for the senior team.I hope Stephen Rochsford comes into the reckoning for the job ,and thats if he isn't still ticked off at how he was treated the last time

Farrandeelin

Must say I'm not one bit surprised by the result. Pity the final is in Salthill. Hopefully whoever wins it can go and win the AI.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 21, 2015, 07:09:42 PM
Must say I'm not one bit surprised by the result. Pity the final is in Salthill. Hopefully whoever wins it can go and win the AI.

The last underage championship match between Roscommon and Galway in Galway was in Tuam. Wouldn't be calling it for Salthill just yet. It would suit both teams better so it would make more sense all-round.

GalwayBayBoy

Good win today for the lads. Pretty much led for the entire game. Didn't really have any big expectations before the match to be honest. Damien Comer seemed to be head and shoulders above everyone else on the field. Roscommon will justly be warm favourites in the final but sure you never know on the day. Might need a lucky break or two though.

gibbs32

To all mayo clowns i was right and remain to be right with my predictions. By the way lpool rossies and barca treble of sunday.get on

Shrewdness

GBB is correct in saying that Roscommon will be favourites, but this is going to be a hard game to call. I see 2 advantages for Galway. Firstly, home advantage, although that might not be that crucial at the end of the day.. The second advantage is having had a closely fought competitive game and emerging successfully from it.. They seem to have been in control throughout, but they were still tested and came out of Castlebar with a win...Roscommon on the other hand would have learnt very little about themselves in the Sligo game. They've had harder training sessions.. Ros hammered Galway in the Hastings Cup Final, when both teams were understrength, but that will have no bearing on a Connacht Final.

Put Up That Flag

Quote from: Syferus on March 21, 2015, 07:12:59 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 21, 2015, 07:09:42 PM

The last underage championship match between Roscommon and Galway in Galway was in Tuam. Wouldn't be calling it for Salthill just yet. It would suit both teams better so it would make more sense all-round.

Hard luck again,  2 defeats in a week for your boys and up against it with Cork tomorrow as well

seafoid

giveballaghback

Last time ros v galway u21 match at a galway venue it was salthill in 2011, Ros cbs were in all-ire colleges b final same day and there were at least 2 families with lads on both teams, Galway would not agree either to a change of time or venue when requested by Ros, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be salthill again,  Ros minors beaten in 2012 in all-ire quarter by Kerry and were most unlucky on the day, lost by a point and missed a peno and much more, minor of 3 years ago is no way a reflection of this years u21 form, minor is a one year thing but u21 is the best of 3 years minors and a much truer reflection of where a county is going, on everything I have seen this year ros should win this one but sport is sport and you never can be sure.