All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giveballaghback

I was heading to the bookies to back galway at better than 250 to1, so back to basics

Mano

Sligo have a solid looking side on paper. However the absence of the team from the Hastings Cup and the fact that Roscommon won the tournament would suggest Roscommon have the better preparation and would know their strongest team. Personally I would have McDonnell out the field in midfield or centre half back where Roscommon are very strong physically with Harney, Compton, Killoran and move Breheny into the forwards. I would assume John Kelly and Ray Connolly (starters last year) are injured as they should be starting.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mano on March 18, 2015, 02:03:07 PM
Sligo have a solid looking side on paper. However the absence of the team from the Hastings Cup and the fact that Roscommon won the tournament would suggest Roscommon have the better preparation and would know their strongest team. Personally I would have McDonnell out the field in midfield or centre half back where Roscommon are very strong physically with Harney, Compton, Killoran and move Breheny into the forwards. I would assume John Kelly and Ray Connolly (starters last year) are injured as they should be starting.

I know John Kelly is reported to be injured alright and I think I heard Raymond Connolly is also. I agree about McDonnell. doing well at FB for seniors but at this level especially he is wasted back there. I'd leave Breheny in midfield, he will do fine there I think. I wouldn't have thought this way 2 weeks ago but what I've seen has changed my view.

I go along with the first line about the preparation too and it's a shame because we've a decent enough team on paper.

twohands!!!

Meath Team

1. Jack Hannigan Donaghmore Ashbourne
2. Michael Flood St. Brigid's
3. Gavin Mc Gowan Ratoath
4. Liam Ferguson Gaeil Colmcille
5. Shane Dowling St. Patrick's
6. Brian Power Ratoath
7. Shane McEntee (C) St. Peters Dunboyne
8. Adam Flanagan Clonard
9. Harry Rooney Skryne
10. Padraic Harnan Moynalvey
11. Rúairí Ó Caoilinn Navan O Mahony's
12. Conor Rooney Ratoath
13. Joseph Wallace Ratoath
14. Paddy Kennelly Dunderry
15. Eamon Wallace Ratoath

twohands!!!

Kildare Team

Colin Heeney   Celbridge
Brian Byrne   Naas
Darren Maguire   Maynooth
Paul Mescal   Maynooth
Ryan Houilhan   Moorefield
Pascal Connell   Athy
David Hyland   Athy
Ryan Moore   Moorefield
David Fitzpatrick   Raheens
Chris Fenner   St Laurances
Mark Sherry   Two Mile House
Niall Kelly   Athy
Neil Flynn   Maynooth
Declan Flatherty   St Kevins
Cein McMonagle   Clogherinkoe

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 18, 2015, 03:29:12 PM
Quote from: Mano on March 18, 2015, 02:03:07 PM

I know John Kelly is reported to be injured alright and I think I heard Raymond Connolly is also. I agree about McDonnell. doing well at FB for seniors but at this level especially he is wasted back there. I'd leave Breheny in midfield, he will do fine there I think. I wouldn't have thought this way 2 weeks ago but what I've seen has changed my view.

I go along with the first line about the preparation too and it's a shame because we've a decent enough team on paper.
Ray Connolly was by far the best player in last yrs club championship for me, that is gut wrenching that he is injured, this man is ready for the seniors too, i didn't know he was still u21, huge loss, are ye sure hes injured?

Sligo have 9 of last yrs starting 15 and with those 2 missing that would mean 11 were available, you'd think with that amount available the county board would of took it more seriously this yr, we shoot ourselves in the foot, cannot believe brady isn't starting from my club, our best player last yr..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

I'm not 100% sure Connolly is injured but I thought I heard he was. I was asking around about him when I didn't see him feature for the seniors and I think I heard he was out for a while.

I knew you'd be surprised about Brady and I am too. Hopefully he can make an impact when introduced.

giveballaghback

Nine for tonight, no insult intended to any team only concern is that Rossies win
Dublin, Kildare,Kerry,Tipp,Tyrone, Armagh,Donegal, Derry,The Rossies.
Will do well to get 5 out of nine.

twohands!!!

Predictions

Dublin
Kildare
Roscommon
Kerry
Tipperary
Tyrone
Donegal
Derry
Armagh

Dublin, Roscommon, Tipperary, Tyrone, and Armagh are all strong favourites.

Not a whole lot to go on for Kildare, Kerry, Donegal, and Derry.

Armagh TV are broadcasting the Armagh v Antrim game live online for £2 if anyone's interested.

oakleaflad

Monaghan will be favorites against Derry anyway but we have a better side than previous years so hopefully we'll cause the upset.

Shrewdness

Seems as though the Roscommon starting line up won't be revealed until close to throw in time.

beer baron

Is this the Meath minor age group that got to the All Ireland final? Outsiders v Kildare

Syferus

Good luck to young Rossies.. the real business starts tonight.

Itchy

I'm a bit bemused by everyone tipping Donegal to beat Cavan. Quite a few from last years team still present and I would say a better forward line than last year. Donegal have no mcbrearty either anymore. I predict Cavan to win by a goal. Of course it could go the other way just find it strange everyone thinks Donegal

The Black Mamba

Seems like Roscommon are running away with it, 2-2 up already!