All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 13, 2015, 11:03:41 AM
Syf running down Kerry can only have one outcome if 2014 is anything to go by. :-\

What? I said the only reason they're so low is they have a serious match against Cork to get over with, and that they should win it. How is that running them down? After Dublin I think they have the best shot at winning the AI. Connacht is a crapshoot no matter how good your team is.

Rossfan

What's a "crapshoot" -- firing faeces from a gun or firing a gun into a pile of sh1te ???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 12, 2015, 04:08:11 PM
Nonsense. Why would we be jealous?

The one with the pointy ears on the left had many children and grandchildren that played for Roscommon.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

While the two on the right played for Mayowestros.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Congrats to Roscommon CBS on winning the Connacht Colleges 'A' title today by beating Summerhill College, Sligo in the final by 0-8 to 0-7.. Let's hope it's the first of a Rossie underage double over Sligo teams this week.

twohands!!!

Kerry Team named for Wednesday's game against Cork

6 starters from last year's winning minor team.

QuotePairc Uí Rinn Wednesday March 18th 7:30 pm

The Kerry Team to play Cork in the Cadburys Munster GAA Under 21 Football Championship Semi Final in Páirc Uí Rinn on Wednesday evening next contains just one of last year's starting 15 against the same opposition (Gavin Crowley)as well as 6 of the successful Kerry Minor side from last year namely, Shane Ryan, Cormac Coffey, Brian Ó Beaglaoich, Barry O'Sullivan, Micheál Burns and Matthew Flaherty.

The team, captained by Gavin Crowley from Templenoe is as follows:
1. Shane Ryan (Rathmore)
2. Cormac Coffey (Kerins O'Rahillys)
3. Gavin Crowley (Templenoe)
4. Brian Ó Beaglaoich (An Ghaeltacht)
5. Ronan Murphy (Beaufort)
6. Denis Daly (St Marys)
7. Cathal Ó Lúing (An Ghaeltacht)
8. Jack Barry Na Gaeil)
9. Barry O'Sullivan (Dingle)
10. Brian Crowley (Templenoe)
11. Jack Savage (Kerins O'Rahillys)
12. Micheal Burns (Dr Crokes)
13. Matthew Flaherty (Dingle)
14. Dara Roche (Glenflesk)
15. Conor Keane (Killarney Legion)
Fir Ionaid
16. Darragh O'Shea (Ballydonoghue)
17. Cathal Murphy (Rathmore)
18. Greg Horan (Austin Stacks)
19. Conor Jordan (Austin Stacks)
20. Gary O'Sullivan (Listry)
21. Kevin McCarthy (Kilcummin)
22. Eanna Ó Conchúir (An Ghaeltacht)
23. Donal Maher (Kilcummin)
24. Liam Carey (Beaufort)

Bainistíocht: Darragh Ó Sé (Bainisteoir), Seamus Moynihan, John Shanahan, Ciarán McCabe.
The following players are part of the extended Kerry training panel:
Adrian Spillane (Templenoe), Cillian Fitzgerald (Churchill), David Foran (St Senans), Killian Spillane (Templenoe), Niall Sheehy (John Mitchels), Padraig Ó Conchúir (Dingle), Sean T. Dillon (St Senans), Tom O'Sullivan (Dingle).

Captain Obvious

Top players even on that extended Kerry panel the Cork Munster U21 dominance could be coming to end on Wednesday night.

giveballaghback

I tipped Kerry to win munster in my first post here but with 6 of last years minors starting I dont know, may be a little light weight, we will see on wednesday.

galwayman

I see Liam Carey named on the subs.
He came off the bench for the minors last year a few times and I thought he looked a brilliant player.
I was wondering how he didn't make the starting team after watching his cameos.
You'd have to fancy Kerry to win this one

Shrewdness

Ahead of Ros v Sligo, what do we know about the Sligo team? Do they have any players on the Sligo Senior team?... From the Ros point of view, it's a game they should win. Mark Dowd will have to ponder team selection and who his first 15 are. Diarmuid Murtagh, Enda Smith and Ultan Harney will all be on a high after Newbridge as will young Noel Gately after his Connacht medal with Roscommon CBS.

Walter Cronc

Interested to find out, perhaps the Kerry men can shed some light. Are those players on the 'extended Kerry panel' not expected to take any part in the U21 championship? Are they on a fast track to the Kerry senior panel as such??

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 16, 2015, 01:38:20 PM
Ahead of Ros v Sligo, what do we know about the Sligo team? Do they have any players on the Sligo Senior team?... From the Ros point of view, it's a game they should win. Mark Dowd will have to ponder team selection and who his first 15 are. Diarmuid Murtagh, Enda Smith and Ultan Harney will all be on a high after Newbridge as will young Noel Gately after his Connacht medal with Roscommon CBS.

so you don't know anything about the Sligo team but it's a game ye should win? That makes sense alright!

Shrewdness

Yes Seanie, it makes sense to me anyway. I don't know much about the Sligo team, but regardless of who they have, i don't expect them to beat Roscommon... Surprised you passed up the chance to tell us about them while you were Posting.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 16, 2015, 04:23:12 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on March 16, 2015, 01:38:20 PM

so you don't know anything about the Sligo team but it's a game ye should win? That makes sense alright!

To be fair he's far from alone in that assumption. Is he wrong?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 16, 2015, 04:29:39 PM
Yes Seanie, it makes sense to me anyway. I don't know much about the Sligo team, but regardless of who they have, i don't expect them to beat Roscommon... Surprised you passed up the chance to tell us about them while you were Posting.

It just seems strange to me that you'd make an assertion about something you know nothing about.

There's no need for me to tell you anything about Sligo - sure you know you're going to win.